List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

You see our game against GC yeah? Made Chom look silly a few times. Certainly has it but whether his body can keep going is more the thing.

As for McLean being a dinosaur, you know he is 25?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd go as far to say that if Day played the whole match there's every chance we would have lost.

Players have all the power now.

If longterm contracts mean jackshit to players the clubs will eventually have enough and loby for the ability to trade players without their consent
And so they should. Teams have been getting reamed for 15 years.

If players can break contract, then it needs to go both ways.

Hard to believe, but okay. Maybe ruck contest type tackles? Or Curtis hardly tackles. Anyway, Day is basically the same player as CCJ and Brynn Teakle. Maybe he is a minor upgrade, maybe not. I can't see it a good idea to use three list spots on this type when the best teams don't play any and we would likely end up delisting all three this time next year. If we want a short term tall forward, Membrey would be a much better option.
Membrey ain't tall

You see our game against GC yeah? Made Chom look silly a few times. Certainly has it but whether his body can keep going is more the thing.
Lots make Chom look silly one-on-one, especially if they play him from behind. He had the worst record in the comp this year - he isn't a natural defender. He should be playing forward, which is another reason why we don't need to pick up another state league tall.

As for McLean being a dinosaur, you know he is 25?
I meant that players of his type are disappearing from the game, like the dinosaurs did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, it seems very lopsided in favor of the player.

If their on a long contract they can play sh*t and still get full payment. Then even when contracted they'll request trades to clubs of their choice which reduces bargaining power of the club with the contract.

Maybe clubs need to start looking how these contracts are structured (if they aren't already), where the players can legally only ask for trade and goes to the club who makes the best deal. And/or money claw back for player not wanting to complete their contract to protect clubs when frontloading. Theres also the cost to the clubs in their planning, they've recruited believing that contracted players will be there.
I think its a risk for front loading contracts.....can always get paid more elsewhere to bugger off once the pay trails off. May have worked in our favour with guys like polec not performing, easy to pay them off. Interesting there's a correlation (not necessarily causation though) with form too!

I'd do a bit of skip diving for the short term and agree, get some early in the draft

Exactly the interest in these "talls" will be purely short term, and cheap capital wise, then surely we will be getting a few through the draft who will displace when they are ready

You are purely categorising based on height... he is a totally diff player to Bull Ford and Duurs... Curtis doesn't fit the conversation at all

Good to see somebody acknowledge that you can be the same height as someone but a totally different type of player. Not saying I necessarily want Membrey, but I see him more as a link player who gets on his bike and leads out to the wings. He doesn't stay at home inside the forward 50, he isn't a pack marker, but he is something that we haven't really got, height notwithstanding. He's also quite good at getting into defence and clogging things up when you're trying to protect a lead or running down the clock.

Sam Day has played 18 games in 4 years.

Unless we see him as a coach and we want to pay salary cap rather than soft cap it has to be a hard no.

View attachment 2094382
He might create some trauma for Chom as well. Day did a job on him early this year until he went off with a hammy I think in the 2nd half. This would not be worth pursuing if his body is like a potato chip.

You are purely categorising based on height... he is a totally diff player to Bull Ford and Duurs... Curtis doesn't fit the conversation at all

They're all playing medium forward. Sure he doesn't differently but it's the same role. If Membrey is added, two will have to play VFL.

Lots make Chom look silly one-on-one, especially if they play him from behind. He had the worst record in the comp this year - he isn't a natural defender. He should be playing forward, which is another reason why we don't need to pick up another state league tall.

I meant that players of his type are disappearing from the game, like the dinosaurs did.
People only see the sexy intercept marks and anoint him an A grade defender lol

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back