List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing 'tall' about Membrey's game is that he doesn't get much of the ball.

He doesn't play like a KPF. He plays like a third tall. The only reason he gets talked about as a tall is because outside of King, St. Kilda don't have one.

He plays no different to when we were playing Zurhaar as an undersized KPF.
He's a reasonable player but I'm lost as to how or why we'd target him.

To be clear at the outset, I do not want the below hypothetical to happen.

However I was talking with a mate last night who floated the below possible trade of two stud players and wanted to see what people's general thoughts are (me personally, I don't like it).

Straight swap: LDU for Petracca.

In this scenario, obviously Petracca commits to North long term and plays out his contract here, and LDU informs the club that he doesn't plan to stay at North after his current contract expires, hence the trade.

In terms of value, I guess it's about right.

But I still don't like it.
If Petracca leaves the Dees its because they're an absolute mess. Doubt he'd come to North for that exact reason.

F*** facilitating any club getting better unless we come out substantially on top of any trade.

If pick 2 unlocks Petracca for Carlton we should be asking for massive overs. We literally have no need to help them get that done.
Carlton will offer up both Durdens owies Motlop and Martin for pick 2

Surely we need to be into Adam Tomlinson, is there a knock on him that would stop him getting into our best 22?

Allows Chom then to move forward.

If Petracca leaves the Dees its because they're an absolute mess. Doubt he'd come to North for that exact reason.
he’s not coming to north, that will never help him grow his “brand”. if he did come to north for a straight swap for LDU knowing our luck he would retire after a year due to the traumatic stress his injury left him and LDU goes on to win a norm smith at melbourne.

my gut feeling is whichever club petracca is at, he won’t be the same pre-ruptured spleen and almost bleeding to death on the surgeons tables. i do hope petracca gets back to his best because it would be a shame to lose a quality player like him to melbournes shittys mismanagement of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we need to be into Adam Tomlinson, is there a knock on him that would stop him getting into our best 22?

Allows Chom then to move forward.
I spoke to him ages ago now, he was frustrated at getting a game 1 week, doing ok, then being dropped for a few etc etc. Just wanted to play footy. I told him he shoulda come to North in the summer. He's mates with Corr and LMac .... and earlier this year became a dad ... Probably just wants to settle in a team and play week in week out.

Do enjoy that part of Petracca’s delicate brand curation is doing Cash Converters ads.
None of this would have happened if Isaac Heeney hadn't have jumped on his head in the Colgate ad.

Makes it even worse when he's lying on the ground holding the ball after smiling like he's just got laid.

he’s not coming to north, that will never help him grow his “brand”. if he did come to north for a straight swap for LDU knowing our luck he would retire after a year due to the traumatic stress his injury left him and LDU goes on to win a norm smith at melbourne.

my gut feeling is whichever club petracca is at, he won’t be the same pre-ruptured spleen and almost bleeding to death on the surgeons tables. i do hope petracca gets back to his best because it would be a shame to lose a quality player like him to melbournes shittys mismanagement of him.
He's 3 years older than LDU and has just been run over by a bulldozer medically speaking. There is not a world that exists where that is a 1 to 1 trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back