List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind Owies but I think i prefer Konstanty or even Riley Garcia who we have also been linked to

Rhylee West would be ideal tho

One reason we have those holes is because of the players we have recycled. These are the players we have recycled from 2020 onwards (the Rawlings years). It's a horror show. We clearly need to be way more fussy about who we pick up.

Atu Bosenavulagi
Jaidyn Stephenson
Lachie Young
Aidan Corr
Connor Menadue
Callum Coleman-Jones
Hugh Greenwood
Tom Lynch
Griffen Logue
Darcy Tucker
Daniel Howe
Liam Shiels
Zac Fisher
Bigoa Nyuon
Dylan Stephens
Toby Pink
Brynn Teakle

Ironically the 18 year old kids we have brought in over the last couple of years have improved the team more than those we have recycled. I'd rather we continue on this path.
I posted something similar just before you, but you forgot a couple of key players that we recycled:

Dom Tyson
Tom Dyson

We have a bunch of forwards who don't move when they aren't directly in the contest, or move to make space for others. Curtis is talented but he is a culprit there too.

Not saying Owies is the answer to anything but the idea that we're in a position to reject forwards who have shown to be dangerous on the basis that we already have their type is pretty funny.
Curtis gets more ball than owies and kicked 30 goals to owies 33 in 24.

Owies doesn’t crumb or chase particularly well.

My point is that bringing him in isn’t going to result in adding that much more scoring as the type of player he is is very similar to Curtis and others. I just think we should focus our efforts in terms of fwds for either a kpp or a crumbing fast small fwd.

Write down a list of all players potentially available in this years trade period and at some point in time we've been mentioned to be involved with most of them.

Of those you mentioned, I don't think Darling improves us but we can agree to disagree.

Parker is a definite yes for me. One of few.

Houston is fine depending on what he costs us. Daniel, whilst he's a good kick, has similar deficiencies to others like Fisher with defensive accountability. His kicking ability alone would only improve us marginally I feel so it's a no for me.

On top of that, Stringer and Laverde have toured us. Stringer is the same type of player as Zurhaar. I'd rather just stick with Zurhaar. Laverde is the same as Corr. Ideally, I think we need to move past Corr. Then there's Owies who is another Curtis that doesn't have the defensive pressure we need. Kostanty sounds promising but Stephens has showed us the pitfalls of going after Sydney players who they're not overly interested in keeping. I'm sure there are others that are not coming to mind right now.

I like Kennedy as a big bodied, defensive mid.
I find it very hard to believe that we are entertaining Stringer as a serious trade option.

This trade period is beginning to worry me a little.

Seems like we're throwing our hat into the ring for anyone that becomes available regardless of what they can offer us on field or not. Names that are being bandied about are just the same types of players we already have or have the same sort of deficiencies as those they would be replacing.

I would prefer to be seeing a laser like, deep focus on a few players who are genuinely going to improve us with what they can bring. We've already made decisions over the last few years that are clogging out list. We don't need more.
We are easy target for the media, player wants a better contract with his current club “North are interested”,
player wants a trade “North's F1 is on the table”.

Despite the media and supporters thinking we are irrelevant we are constantly used to help drive up opposition player contracts and force opposition clubs to give up more draft capital.

I don't believe 9/10ths of the trade rumours we're associated with, ask yourself this if you were Dan Houston and you had a choice of joining Carlton or North who would you choose? No player of his calibre, at this stage of his career would choose to join us it's career suicide. The only reason we're being “linked” to him is to make Carlton cough up their first pick we're being used as a threat.

Last edited:
I don't mind Owies but I think i prefer Konstanty or even Riley Garcia who we have also been linked to

Rhylee West would be ideal tho

I think Simpkin could provide more than any of these 3 playing as a defensive forward? He would certainly be fit enough to get up and back like the elite small forwards do.

We could also do without him in the midfield now with Parker, a more mature Wardlaw and McKercher going in…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I find it very hard to believe that we are entertaining Stringer as a serious trade option.

It feels like due diligence over everybody available.

I posted something similar just before you, but you forgot a couple of key players that we recycled:

Dom Tyson
Tom Dyson
It is kind of impressive how bad our choice of recycled players has been. You would expect far better results if it was down to pure chance. I feel like there is an important lesson here, if only we could work out what it was.

He has "toured our facilities" apparently. Why would you have someone tour your facilities if you weren't interested in picking them up?

I think Simpkin could provide more than any of these 3 playing as a defensive forward? He would certainly be fit enough to get up and back like the elite small forwards do.

We could also do without him in the midfield now with Parker, a more mature Wardlaw and McKercher going in…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wouldn't bank on it. His defensive accountability at times this season was appalling. Like when he allowed guys like Dawson and Bont to go running through the center square unchecked because he couldn't be bothered chasing.

Geez, so many on here complaining about the club actually sorting out players to improve the team.
Haven't been watching much of the last 4 years have you?

It's a bit of a lazy argument when levelling it against a number like a draft pick at this point.

Question is always the cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has "toured our facilities" apparently. Why would you have someone tour your facilities if you weren't interested in picking them up?
Half the player manages just tell them to stroll past Arden street to up the contract offer from their current club, regardless if we let them in the building.
Tom Morris usually in the bushes Monday and Wednesdays.

Love me some “Has toured Arden Street”, the loosest words that are somehow meant to validate the rumour.

Every year we get the “Has toured Arden Street” stuff thrown around, remember when Tim Taranto had “toured Arden Street” earlier this year, turned out to be bullshit.

I'd almost go so far to say that anyone who says a player “Has toured Arden Street” you can be 99% sure they're lying.

One reason we have those holes is because of the players we have recycled. These are the players we have recycled from 2020 onwards (the Rawlings years). It's a horror show. We clearly need to be way more fussy about who we pick up.

Atu Bosenavulagi
Jaidyn Stephenson
Lachie Young
Aidan Corr
Connor Menadue
Callum Coleman-Jones
Hugh Greenwood
Tom Lynch
Griffen Logue
Darcy Tucker
Daniel Howe
Liam Shiels
Zac Fisher
Bigoa Nyuon
Dylan Stephens
Toby Pink
Brynn Teakle

Ironically the 18 year old kids we have brought in over the last couple of years have improved the team more than those we have recycled. I'd rather we continue on this path.
2 of those played regular football at the clubs we got them from?

Every player we are linked to this off season played every week? We need experience desperately, we have the 18-23 year old talent it’s now time to get experienced bodies and set standards.

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

Darling
Houston
Daniel
Parker
Membrey

All play at North and in our best 15. Take who we can get pending they can provide an off field and on field boost.

Our list is diabolically bad with a glaring hole of players aged 25+.

Good on the club for trying to fix that. If they can attract bigger names they would, fact is they can’t.

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.

Darling ❌ not best 15, Fringe at best.

Houston✅
Daniel✅
Parker✅

Membrey❌ Zurhaar and him cannot play in the same side. I’d have Zurhaar.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back