List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Would prefer to see Jack get to 300 at WCE(from a sentimental viewpoint) but probably a good bit of business between the 2 clubs if he's open to moving.

Bloke is durable and an elite trainer.

Obviously winding down from his younger lofty heights but you won't get someone half-arsing their way for a paycheck from him. He's a competitor.

If you’re the list strategy team you’d be prioritising the holes in the list and doing everything you can to get premium
Because what North really need is more 2nd fiddle forwards who can't hold a grab or consistently kick straight...
500 goal premiership player as a stop gap and teacher, do you think we can attract Curnow and King in our current form?

I'd definitely be ok with this deal. Brings some good leadership up in the forward line. Past his use by date but would still be good value for a year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This club makes it ****ing hard sometimes. 191cm, 343 next year, as mobile as a bag of cement. Can we seriously not do any better than that
Imma hoping the idea is that we grab a couple good KPFs from the draft this year, and get an experienced key forward to show ‘em the ropes along with Larks. (tho they would be inevitably flawed given the idea is we spend minimal draft cap on them)

I’d rather Day, but Darling would fit into that mold too.

In 13 seasons Darling has kicked more than 2 goals a game avg 4 times.... 4.

From a "KPF"

He kicked less goals than Paul Curtis and Cam Zurhaar this this year. And Bulls been bog average for most of the year.

North is truly cooked if we pursue this.

This guy, on the season stats below. In a team that moved the ball better into the forward line than North

Yeah hes kicked 500 goals. Hes 33 years old.
If you’re the list strategy team you’d be prioritising the holes in the list and doing everything you can to get premium

500 goal premiership player as a stop gap and teacher, do you think we can attract Curnow and King in our current form?

Screenshot_20240830-201533_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
“The Roos are believed to be willing to offer a multi year deal to Darling”.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Apparently in tomorrows wa paper

“North Melbourne is targeting veteran West Coast forward Jack Darling for the second time in as many off-seasons.

The Kangaroos were unsuccessful in pulling off a trade with the Eagles at the same time last year, but want to add experience and depth to their forward line.

Darling, 32, is about to enter the final 12 months of a five-year deal with the Eagles worth an estimated $800,000 but the forward believes he has more than one season left in his ageing frame.

The Eagles are believed to have rejected North Melbourne’s demand that they pay $200,000 of Darling’s 2025 salary.

The Roos are believed to be willing to offer a multi-year deal to Darling and possibly a late-round draft pick to the Eagles.

That would allow West Coast to create another spot on its list – and free up a spot in attack with Oscar Allen, Jake Waterman and Jack Williams now the preferred key forwards.

They also have to find room for Bailey Williams when Matt Flynn returns from injury to slot in to the No. 1 ruck position.

The Eagles, who are in the early stages of a major list rebuild, are also keen to play 2023 draftee Archer Reid, who finished the WAFL season in strong form. He kicked 17 goals in 15 games.

North Melbourne has picks 2, 22, 40, 58, 67 and 76 in this year’s draft.

Darling has kicked 532 goals from 298 games with the Eagles, ranking him second of all-time behind Josh Kennedy (714), but this year’s tally of 22 was his lowest in 14 seasons.

Darling could be an ideal addition to the North Melbourne attack alongside Nick Larkey as the Kangaroos look to add experience, guile and another weapon to their attack.

Larkey has kicked hauls of 46 and 71 over the past two seasons.Working in Darling’s favour is his proven recovery from and ability to play through injury.

The Roos had the youngest list in 2024 and are stacked with first-round selections.

The Roos were the third lowest scoring team in 2024 wtih 1619 points, ahead of only West Coast (1594) and Richmond (1505).

Darling was firm in his belief he wanted to remain a one-club player when he re-signed in 2019.

“I grew up supporting the Eagles, so to be here for my entire career is something I’ll look back on proudly,” Darling told the West Coast website.

“I always thought I was going to be a one-club player. I’m just really excited that the club has backed me in like they have my whole career.”“

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back