List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought guys. Dangerfield is an unrestricted free agent and will cost us absolutely nothing. Geelong are at this stage only offering him a one year deal. Shall we offer him a two year deal with a trigger for a third. We could also offer him the captaincy and an assistant coaching position when he retires. He would provide much need leadership.

One wouldn't be enough. Four might. One across each line and one more.
I said 4+

Tom McDonald is one for mine. Plays both ends well, and we could swap around with Chom depending on how he's playing.

Still looks to have a bit in the tank.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

before this gets locked and or moved.. (re Dangerfield)

The man built a mansion off the great ocean road and goes surfing/fishing every other day.

Playing for Geelong is pushing it as it is, let alone driving into Melbourne. He’s not going anywhere.

Geelong and the AFL will find the cap space for him.
They always do.

Last edited:
Just a thought guys. Dangerfield is an unrestricted free agent and will cost us absolutely nothing. Geelong are at this stage only offering him a one year deal. Shall we offer him a two year deal with a trigger for a third. We could also offer him the captaincy and an assistant coaching position when he retires. He would provide much need leadership.
No.

I reckon he is close to cooked. Don't think he would leave Geelong either unless he was absolutely fleecing us.

I know experience, key position and small forwards are all our rage. But we need a genuine lockdown defender for smalls.

We should be all over Seamus Mitchell, either this year or next year. Not getting games at Hawks, UFA in 2025. Dominates VFL, has played well at AFL level whenever he’s had the opportunity. Good skills and can lockdown on smalls, just can’t get into that Hawks backline due to playing the same role as Hardwick. 22 years old. Played only 10 games this year, maybe we could offer more security?

Genuinely think it’s been harder for us to find than a small forward.

Alright, seeing as its stupid season...

Trac.

Reportedly desperate for a Victorian club to offer the draft capital that allows for his trade.

Lets say the medical due diligence comes back okay.

What's our maximum offer?

Pick 2 plus bits and pieces?
We are taking on a massive contract, but we'd hand over pretty much whatever they asked for barring our f1 I'd reckon.

It would be a monumental coup for the club and change the narrative instantly.

We are taking on a massive contract, but we'd hand over pretty much whatever they asked for barring our f1 I'd reckon.

It would be a monumental coup for the club and change the narrative instantly.

Yeah. I think you're right. Honestly, I'd have a hard time being angry at Brady if he got it done for 2 + F2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, seeing as its stupid season...

Trac.

Reportedly desperate for a Victorian club to offer the draft capital that allows for his trade.

Lets say the medical due diligence comes back okay.

What's our maximum offer?

Pick 2 plus bits and pieces?
Don’t want him thanks. We’re not in the right window to recruit someone like him.

The back half of Oliver's contract will make Polec's previous deal look like an absolute steal.
We’d ideally restructure his contract and significantly front end it. So many on this forum are quick to bemoan our poor performance when it comes to attracting talented players to the club - Stephens, Fisher, Stephenson, Polec etc. The reality is the best players in the league have never considered North a viable option when seeking to move, and probably won’t into the future. Like someone has just mentioned Dangerfield as an option honestly with all due respect get a grip. As a club with a small profile, we need to take half opportunities when they present. Clayton is a more decorated, talented player than nearly everyone North has had on their list for the past 2 decades bar a small handful. I appreciate he has had a difficult few years with health, performance and drug issues but if we do our due diligence and feel lock we can unlock the old Oliver again, we’d be negligent not to look at it.

I know experience, key position and small forwards are all our rage. But we need a genuine lockdown defender for smalls.

We should be all over Seamus Mitchell, either this year or next year. Not getting games at Hawks, UFA in 2025. Dominates VFL, has played well at AFL level whenever he’s had the opportunity. Good skills and can lockdown on smalls, just can’t get into that Hawks backline due to playing the same role as Hardwick. 22 years old. Played only 10 games this year, maybe we could offer more security?

Genuinely think it’s been harder for us to find than a small forward.
Mitchell might be alright for us but I'm of the opinion that Archer is our lockdown and instead of locking down on two small forwards we get a small forwards and outscore the opposition.

No clubs run with two lockdown small defenders. Some, like GWS, don't even play one.

Don’t want him thanks. We’re not in the right window to recruit someone like him.
Medicals permitting... He's good for another five years of footy, he's one of the top 10 players in the league, and he's got all the professional attributes we're looking for in an experienced leader.

Realistically, how good are you imagining the player we'd draft with pick 2 would be? Better than 5+ years of Trac, at a time when we're crying out for a player to stamp their authority on-field for us?

We’d ideally restructure his contract and significantly front end it. So many on this forum are quick to bemoan our poor performance when it comes to attracting talented players to the club - Stephens, Fisher, Stephenson, Polec etc. The reality is the best players in the league have never considered North a viable option when seeking to move, and probably won’t into the future. As a club with a small profile, we need to take half opportunities when they present. Clayton is a more decorated, talented player than nearly everyone North has had on their list for the past 2 decades bar a small handful. I appreciate he has had a difficult few years with health, performance and drug issues but if we do our due diligence and feel lock we can unlock the old Oliver again, we’d be negligent not to look at it.
No question on talent and proven performance.

But we have NO support setup at the club for someone like him. Melbourne barely turned him around. That’s a destroy club risk the way we are atm.

No question on talent and proven performance.

But we have NO support setup at the club for someone like him. Melbourne barely turned him around. That’s a destroy club risk the way we are atm.
We have to take risks. We’ve been so conservative as a club historically we need to get creative to try and drive improvement. It doesn’t have to be Oliver, but this is just a realistic example of where we could probably throw our hat in the ring given he is slightly damaged good on a big contract. If its 2022 Oliver and he’s just won his 4 B+F and 3rd AA there is no way he’d consider coming to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back