List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange but why wasn't he done yest with the other 6? Good result if we want him.... actually it's a free hit just get him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yep. The only reason not too is if the medical due diligence comes back horrific. Otherwise it’s the biggest no brainer.

This is basically the approach we have taken to fixing òur lack of talls. Lots of late picks and rejects, no serious investment. We need a small forward or two, we should get the best available by splitting pick 2 and taking Berry.
Also, if Sydney are willing to let Konstanty go so soon, I would be very wary - could be another Dylan Stephens. Similar applies to Rosas.

No need to be wary in terms of Konstanty. Just wants more opportunities. We have a spot and need for him. Swans forward line is elite and hard to break into. Swans know this which is why they’ll let him go and explore his options.

No need to be wary in terms of Konstanty. Just wants more opportunities. We have a spot and need for him. Swans forward line is elite and hard to break into. Swans know this which is why they’ll let him go and explore his options.

Sydney sold us a lemon last year, and generally do not miss when trading players out.

So you reckon pick 7 and 9 instead?

I agree top five certainly looks better than bottom five in terms of games played but between them picks six and nine play more games than pick 2 and pick seven and nine play nearly 100 more games between them. And we're stretching the point here using average games played alone as the basis for judging how we value this years draft.

For me the question is:

Do 150 games from one of the top three picks in this draft give us more value than 200-240 games from two players fill definite needs given how even it is?
$64000 question. The risk is that statistically, the further down the draft you go the poorer the quality, so the further down we trade, the bigger the risk. We could always brain it and pick the next Cripps at 13, or we could land the next Daniel Venables. In comparison at 2, there's fewer busts. Pays ya money and ya takes ya chance

Eagles won't trade 3 to get to Baker, that's the wishful thinking of a Tiger loving Jon Ralph.

Eagles will hedge Barass into Baker and a pick, and that's if he chooses them to start with.

More than pick four, who averages 112 games.

BTW Here are some historical pick fours:

Peter Matera, Justin Leppitsch, Matthew Pavlich, Josh Kennedy, Andrew Gaff, Marcus Bontempelli, Clayton Oliver, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Daicos.

Some of the best players in the game either now or of their era.

Last two years were George Wardlaw and Zane Duursma.

It also includes such names as Cale Morten, Tambling, Toumpas and the inimitable Farren Ray as well as Ben Ainsworth and Logan McDonald recently (those two not bad players but could have gone in the top 20 for what they show.)

So some real hits and misses with pick 4. And a good chance that five of the best mids of the late 2010s/2020s were picked there.
To me it's not the number, it's who you pick that matters.
If you'd picked Humphrey (6/7 I think) or Philipou (was 10 I think) vs Tsatas at 4 you would be more than happy now.
I don't mind either way, but I don't mind the prospect of spreading the risk by getting a top 6 kid and a top 15 kid but I can certainly see the case of taking an elite talent at pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, i don't think the market is going to be there for Pick 2 this year. Not sure the offers we get for it will be in inline with supporters expectations. I think best scenario will be taking best available at pick 2, and using our F2 to hopefully move our pick 22 up into a mid-late first round pick where can look at filling a need (e.g. KPP, small fwd/defender)
Think Bolton will have to be 9 and 17 (Port) for Tigers to trade him. They'd probably want 9 & 10 but that's overs.
Tigers will want pick 6 for Rioli off GC. Would be overs imo, perhaps GC 13, 20, 26 for Tigers 39, 41, 47.

Could we use 22 and a F2 to get 17 off Tigers and 29. We move up the order and get into this years 2nd round?
Something like that would be great but Tigers might not want to shift around, but just an idea perhaps.
Lions 1st round pick will be up for grabs for points for Ashcroft and Marshall.
Tigers could package up 29, 39, 41, 47. Could be some picks flying around that's for sure.

I agree, i don't think the market is going to be there for Pick 2 this year. Not sure the offers we get for it will be in inline with supporters expectations. I think best scenario will be taking best available at pick 2, and using our F2 to hopefully move our pick 22 up into a mid-late first round pick where can look at filling a need (e.g. KPP, small fwd/defender)
I think Richmond would love nothing more to get FOS and Smith.

If we were to split something like pick 2 to GC for 6, 13 and Rosas. Id consider swapping our F2 for their 2nd as well.
GC could then trade 2 to Richmond for Rioli and pick 10 which they get from Freo in a trade.

$64000 question. The risk is that statistically, the further down the draft you go the poorer the quality, so the further down we trade, the bigger the risk. We could always brain it and pick the next Cripps at 13, or we could land the next Daniel Venables. In comparison at 2, there's fewer busts. Pays ya money and ya takes ya chance

Merlins you are looking too far into the past. A good talent ID team should be able to ascertain the spread of talent and make moves from there.

Reckon Taylor adams will be looking for another club if Parker doesn’t leave

Just been dropped and seem like they are going for the same spot

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back