List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Day would be the best contested mark on our list, including Comben. Given the only time we have looked remotely decent has been the games where we're good in the air, I'd say he serves a purposes. Certainly a better pick up than some of the other discards we've taken.
Perhaps, but if people are worried about our lack of forward pressure, wait till they get a look at Sam. He will make CCJ look like Kossie Picket.

Day would be the best contested mark on our list, including Comben. Given the only time we have looked remotely decent has been the games where we're good in the air, I'd say he serves a purpose. Certainly a better pick up than some of the other discards we've taken.
And if you prefer Comben as an intercepting defender (which I do), the only options for 2025 we have are Maley and CCJ.

Having someone dangerous in the air would also force defences to spread a bit more on us. At the moment defenders are zoning off on Larkey and taking intercept marks at will. This will stop that. He also is likely to take some marks up the ground to assist us get more inside fifties and less turns overs and repeat entries for the opposition.

He costs nothing. Give him a fricken deal. If he doesn’t play again then so be it. Atleast we took a chance on a decent forward.

Imagine it would depend on what you pay him? It's not like we're maxing out the salary cap.
Disagree,,,,,it depends on what his options are after footy....a minimum contract on a senior list is worth a lot more than what most of these guys would get paid to return to civilian life.

I don’t think I can be swayed that an experienced big bodied key back is what we need, solely for the purpose of 1) allowing Comben or Logue to be an able 2nd tall forward and 2) allow Will Dawson time to develop playing infrequent AFL games over the next 2 years and unleashing him in 2027.

Frost would be my preferred, he brings with him a competitive brand that fights & gets the best out of himself. His turnovers & brain fades are no worse than Corr, McDonald or Combens. His defence & spoiling is why we would bring him in. He’s a much better player overall than Kallan Dawson.

Tomlinson doesn’t quite have that edge but for the purpose of giving W.Dawson every chance, I’d take him. Although at this point he’s not as far ahead of K.Dawson, just experienced & bigger body.

Ideal scenario is
KD - Experienced lockdown defender (Frost), Corr, 1 of Comben/Logue playing a marking role
Medium/smalls - Goater, Archer, Tucker.
No more defenders who are unable or unwilling to defend, the rebound generated by Kerch or Fisher or even Sheezel doesn’t make up for an inability to defend.

Reserves - Will Dawson building size, Bergman building size, Hardemann developing as a 2 way defender who can rebound and lock down and will take over as a better version of Tucker

Then Larkey, one of Comben/Logue playing forward

It allows us 4 things this tactic
1) time to build talls properly - no need to rush Will
2) an upgrade on the Pink, Teakle, Biggie types
3) a genuinely competitive 2nd forward who is more suited to pack situations than Larkey
4) an extra senior player who is competitive and will put it all on the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a quick scour over other lists and who played little games this year. **** it’s pretty slim pickings to get any of the extra talent that Clarko spoke about being under utilised.

Erasmus
Davies
Spargo (albeit injured)
D Robertson
Binns
A Roberts
Conway
Rosas
D Williams
O Baker

These are realistic options who would be in our side and increase the quality of the bottom 6
I'd add:
Answerth
Parfitt
Moniz-Wakefield
Hobbs
Budarick
Firoini
O'Halloran
Sinn
Fox
Wicks

These guys are all out of contract 2024/25.

Prefer this over Day. Although Rather a taller player than Membrey and a better ground player than Day.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Don't have to play AFL every week and we need senior depth.

What annoys me the most, is contracted players leaving clubs because another club offers them a better contract. Players should be held to there current contract, albeit at a new club.

Example John noble, contracted for 2 years, suns offer 4 at increased money and he takes it.

I think his first two years should be at the money that he’s on at collingwood

Good points. Wasn't aware that the nature of it was that advanced. Sort of means I lose whatever leg I was standing on. My apologies Sheezel2Wardlaw
Maybe, maybe not. Trac is clearly upset with the club, so maybe theres more to it than was covered in the discussion.

Guess my point is we should probably hold fire against Melbourne given that discussion. Seems to me it could've happened to almost any club. Where i have the most doubt is the footage of him coming off the ground, he looked in a real bad way more so than some cracked ribs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back