List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

How come?
Dees will be selling high.

His injuries were absolutely ****ed and yes the way Melbourne handled it was abysmal.

He clearly has PTSD and has clearly done some soul searching. From the sounds of it football isn't what it once was to him and he has come to the realisation that footy isn't everything. It doesn't seem like you're gonna get that absolute bull at a gate football loving psycho that you'd want for the capital you'd need to give up (and the wage being taken on).

I've not known anyone to go through something like this and come back the same or better. Maybe Sam Docherty?

His management talking about going to big clubs, etc. doesn't exactly help his case that it's entirely a welfare/moral decision.

I feel for the guy, but someone is going to pay a fortune for him and I'd say there's a significant chance he doesn't reach the heights he once did.

It only makes sense for a club having a flag tilt.

How’s the language being used about the tigers mass exodus though… “the rebuild is on” “huge draft hand” etc.

When north’s was being hypothesized with no facts whatsoever the language was negative af.

I guess premierships buy you some grace but shouldn’t the amount of players wanting out draw some concern? Why are they all wanting to leave? Family reasons are bullshit because they weren’t a problem while they were smashing out bulk flags.

Do they not like the new coach? Was Dimma the glue? No faith with the admin with gale gone?
Be interesting what response they get from the AFL if they ask for PPs next year.

Senior players traded in for F2 and F3 when they had a fire sale the year before?

Give 197cm James Van Es another life?
James Van Es = The Club 7

S Club 7 Dancing GIF

Dees will be selling high.

His injuries were absolutely ****ed and yes the way Melbourne handled it was abysmal.

He clearly has PTSD and has clearly done some soul searching. From the sounds of it football isn't what it once was to him and he has come to the realisation that footy isn't everything. It doesn't seem like you're gonna get that absolute bull at a gate football loving psycho that you'd want for the capital you'd need to give up (and the wage being taken on).

His management talking about going to big clubs, etc. doesn't exactly help his case that it's entirely a welfare/moral decision.

I feel for the guy, but someone is going to pay a fortune for him and I'd say there's a significant chance he doesn't reach the heights he once did.

It only makes sense for a club having a flag tilt.
I get the feeling with Trac the closer we get to trade week, the lower his value will become, reality will set in. If he wants out Melbourne will have to trade him.
And at 29 coming off a serious injury with those $$ attached to his contract, teams are going to have to blow up their cap to get him in, it’s crazy to think about. Two firsts will soon become one or two seconds and an avg player.
Kosi trade will probably end up bigger

Maybe, maybe not. Trac is clearly upset with the club, so maybe theres more to it than was covered in the discussion.

Guess my point is we should probably hold fire against Melbourne given that discussion. Seems to me it could've happened to almost any club. Where i have the most doubt is the footage of him coming off the ground, he looked in a real bad way more so than some cracked ribs.
Also if he’s upset it may be more about they handled it in the aftermath, who knows.

I don’t know why the club would let him go - but also I have no idea if it’s a good time to sell. There must be doubts about he comes back from all this, physically and mentally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can take guys wanting to go home, but player jumping out because the job is going to be hard kills me.

Trades are a scam. Except in rare circumstances it's just sub par mercenaries with a high opinion of themselves going for $$.

Stick with the draft. We've been burn't too many times in trades. We always over pay.

I get the feeling with Trac the closer we get to trade week, the lower his value will become, reality will set in. If he wants out Melbourne will have to trade him.
And at 29 coming off a serious injury with those $$ attached to his contract, teams are going to have to blow up their cap to get him in, it’s crazy to think about. Two firsts will soon become one or two seconds and an avg player.
Kosi trade will probably end up bigger
Weighing everything up, I'd really just prefer to offer 3 years to Parker on good coin.....far better risk reward in my mind, AND much better in terms of leadership to guide, mentor, and protect our kids.

Just had a quick scour over other lists and who played little games this year. **** it’s pretty slim pickings to get any of the extra talent that Clarko spoke about being under utilised.

Erasmus
Davies
Spargo (albeit injured)
D Robertson
Binns
A Roberts
Conway
Rosas
D Williams
O Baker

These are realistic options who would be in our side and increase the quality of the bottom 6
I thought I saw somewhere we were linked with Rosas?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back