List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
But I can’t see how we get a deal done without giving up a future first as part of a deal

Or pick 22 plus a decent player
Remember this if our club is into Housten or any other player every club will be wanting either Sheezel or Wardlaw plus a high draft pick in return going forward.

Remember this if our club is into Housten or any other player every club will be wanting either Sheezel or Wardlaw plus a high draft pick in return going forward.
Psst, I have an idea… let’s get a Sheezel mask for CCJ and tell them he had a growth spurt

They can want all they like, itd never happen.

How Melbourne mishandled him shouldn’t detract from what a diva he is sounding like from his manager’s reports. A great player, yes, but anyone would think he was the Michael Jordan of the AFL from the demands that have been leaked at this stage.
i listened to him on the howie games podcast he did with weightman and rankine as well. the stuff about his surgery and having to be operated whilst he was awake and almost bleeding to death on the surgeons table was very intense. and any person in shoes would be very empathetic to his situation after being sent out back to play with a ruptured spleen.

then they got into social media and their presence they have across all platform. i think petracca said the word “brand” about 780 times, along with cheap plugs for his sponsors. its great he has an outlet outside of football and capitalising on his fame whilst he’s one of the biggest stars in the AFL. but like you said its coming across from diva like from petracca atm.

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
I think the angst at the cutting of those 4 guys is largely from hindsight heroes.

At the time it made some sense and although it was handled poorly I don’t think the outrage was that strong. We were seriously old and we’d lost 10 of our last 11 and lost a final to the Crows by a heap.

If the Tigers go the next 8 yrs as a basket case they’ll look back differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lionel Richie Hello GIF

"Well Mr Rosas, as a matter of fact.."

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
3 Premierships gives them a lot of credit in the bank.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back