List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I've written and deleted Trac related replies 3 times now..... So hear goes...

Some of you may know I was in a serious boating accident with my kids that left me with a punctured lung with significant bleeding, every rib broken at least twice (they stopped counting at 30), a shattered olecranon, dislocated radius and a few other things. I underwent 2-3 hrs surgery on the side of the road before being airlifted to hospital, lost 2.5ltrs of blood and spent a few days in a coma, then weeks in hospital.

I can tell you 100% I will never be physically or psychologically the same. The psychological stuff may be more pertinent with regard to Trac's situation. I have some degree of PTSD and get anxiety with activities such as riding my bike or even walking on wet surfaces. Anything where there a chance of slipping or having some impact is a real struggle to push through. For example, it took me 12 months before I could will Myself to complete a box jump.

I had a surreal out of body experience, the full white room you hear about, and made a decision to come back. This has left me wondering what is actually after life and even questioning reality. Some days being motivated to perform at the high levels I previously could in work, as a Husband/Father, or even during a basic workout is hard. It's like this inner voice saying "you nearly died mate, it's okay to take it easy." I don't believe I'll ever be as driven and focused on excellence as I was pre-trauma, because at the end of it all, it doesn't mean shit.

It will be an interesting watch to see how Trac goes with his re-entry into professional footy, the physical contact and if it haunts him subconsciously.

Anyways, sorry I got stuck on an 'about me' path without meaning to....

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So glad you're still with us brother and thanks for sharing. If you ever want to chat about it or even just talk more about your experiences please feel free to PM me.

Some of you may know I was in a serious boating accident with my kids that left me with a punctured lung with significant bleeding, every rib broken at least twice (they stopped counting at 30), a shattered olecranon, dislocated radius and a few other things. I underwent 2-3 hrs surgery on the side of the road before being airlifted to hospital, lost 2.5ltrs of blood and spent a few days in a coma, then weeks in hospital.

I can tell you 100% I will never be physically or psychologically the same. The psychological stuff may be more pertinent with regard to Trac's situation. I have some degree of PTSD and get anxiety with activities such as riding my bike or even walking on wet surfaces. Anything where there a chance of slipping or having some impact is a real struggle to push through. For example, it took me 12 months before I could will Myself to complete a box jump.

I had a surreal out of body experience, the full white room you hear about, and made a decision to come back. This has left me wondering what is actually after life and even questioning reality. Some days being motivated to perform at the high levels I previously could in work, as a Husband/Father, or even during a basic workout is hard. It's like this inner voice saying "you nearly died mate, it's okay to take it easy." I don't believe I'll ever be as driven and focused on excellence as I was pre-trauma, because at the end of it all, it doesn't mean shit.

It will be an interesting watch to see how Trac goes with his re-entry into professional footy, the physical contact and if it haunts him subconsciously.

What an extraordinary and traumatic thing to have gone through mate. Hope your body has recovered ok.

Awful story :(

That’s heavy mate. Very glad you pulled through, could be very well to inspire others.

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
It’s pretty simple… Richmond have just come off winning 3 flags.
Also the players they are losing are going to net them some really good draft picks to kickstart their rebuild.
The players you mentioned that we cut, netted us absolutely nothing.
Time will tell if it’s a good move or not for Richmond, but the recent flags definitely buys them some grace with supporters & the media.

Houston has been slowly pushed out by Farell, Burton and now Evans.
He's ripe for the taking.
Doesn't spell well for Lmac though

Thank you for sharing. Seriously. That is about as life-changing as it gets. Did you have a full on NDE? I have studied those for decades. You're never the same after getting a glimpse of the other side. I haven't had one myself but I did have a severe bike crash with lost consciousness and head injuries back in 2020, so I have some idea.

I hear this sort of thing completely changes people. I get your point re Petracca. He will probably never be the same player. We'll never know how deep into the experience he went. The mental battle is super hard when something like this happens.

Your experience though, wow. Surgery on the road before going to hospital? And all those broken ribs? My goodness, I'm amazed you survived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharing mate. What a traumatic thing to go through, and I really think you have done an amazing job at describing the balance between physical and psychological recovery.
My daughter severed her pancreas in an innocuous accident, nothing as severe as yours, but five weeks in hospital without being able to eat or drink and multiple surgeries has left her not being able to fully trust her physical health or capacity to go through such an experience again.
Thanks again for sharing.

Honestly the biggest rat was dimma jumping ship early
C'mon be kind Nostra, remember he was burnt out, it's not like he's coaching again, AT A DIFFERENT CLUB, WITH AN EXCITING LIST! Mmmm, leaving after being so loyal, dumping his old club for a young and exciting new club and leaving his old club in a state of affairs not caring because he had already made up his mind, doesn't this sound familiar!

Melbourne may be rocketing down to the bottom 4 quicker than I thought...
They are finished, as well as Richmond, Trac maybe leaving, Oliver with all the problems that he's had, hasn't been the same and Jack Viney is almost done, they are like the tigers, they need A grade midfielders, this draft they have to at least get a couple.

Incredible story. We can't afford to lose any North supporters unnecessarily, so glad you are here to tell the tale. Would certainly put football and other activities you have no control over into a new perspective.

Though I see you play dream team......so you are happy to endure a certain amount of self inflicted pain still :)

Because they have a plan, 100k members, won 3 premierships 4-7 years ago.
It's an obvious change to the club that needs to happen.
Watch Richmond get another 2-3 firsts this year and jump ahead of us in the rebuild.
I wouldn't say they jump ahead of us that quickly, they are in for years of pain unfortunately.
They would not have had Baker, Dan Rioli and Bolton requesting trades as part of their strategic plan.
It's opened an opportunity for them to get a lot of young talent in but you have to nail the picks.
Their lack of elite young talent is an issue, they only had Gibcus as a young 1st round pick when they played us and were mid table level for age and games experienced. The injection from this draft will help but it takes time to develop them.
We'll see how it works out for them. I wouldn't wish any team experiencing what we have with less than 4 wins each year over 5yrs.

Last edited:
I not a big fan of Tom Morris but one thing I’m almost certain of is he gets fed information directly from the AFL. Last trade / draft period there were essentially 2 journos that “broke” news stories Cal Twomey & Tom Morris. If Tom is saying we’re in for Houston then there’s a very good chance we are. Keep an eye on both of them this trade / draft period.
Twomey actually reported we were into him two weeks back on Gettable. Said we were more interested in trading futures for him.

Because they have a plan, 100k members, won 3 premierships 4-7 years ago.
It's an obvious change to the club that needs to happen.
Watch Richmond get another 2-3 firsts this year and jump ahead of us in the rebuild.
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Thats gnarly man! Glad you’re alive to tell the story. Was it a water ski accident?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back