List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston has been slowly pushed out by Farell, Burton and now Evans.
He's ripe for the taking.
Doesn't spell well for Lmac though
LOL McDonald arnt going nowhere it’s the Goater, Hardenham,Bergmanns I’m worried about if Houston.
After all you know how much McDonald means to our players not only will he be voted in again as Captain but also as Cheif organiser of the players Social events.

Champions League No GIF by UEFA

It has been reported the Poorta want 2 1st round picks for Houston.

As I've said before saying that is pointless as that range is vast. Picks 19 and 20 are two 1st rd picks and that won't get it done. What they want is one top ten minimum from this years draft as don't have theirs...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rosas isn't a pressure fwd though is he, he is more X factor so would still need another to bring the pressure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Perhaps this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL McDonald arnt going nowhere it’s the Goater, Hardenham,Bergmanns I’m worried about if Houston.
After all you know how much McDonald means to our players not only will he be voted in again as Captain but also as Cheif organiser of the players Social events.
Move Colby to a wing & Houston can replace him down back

C'mon be kind Nostra, remember he was burnt out, it's not like he's coaching again, AT A DIFFERENT CLUB, WITH AN EXCITING LIST! Mmmm, leaving after being so loyal, dumping his old club for a young and exciting new club and leaving his old club in a state of affairs not caring because he had already made up his mind, doesn't this sound familiar!
That needs to "grow the f&$% up!"

Curtis Taylor won't like this!

I get the feeling with Trac the closer we get to trade week, the lower his value will become, reality will set in. If he wants out Melbourne will have to trade him.
And at 29 coming off a serious injury with those $$ attached to his contract, teams are going to have to blow up their cap to get him in, it’s crazy to think about. Two firsts will soon become one or two seconds and an avg player.
Kosi trade will probably end up bigger
I agree. Straight up I'd value Pickett higher today: age, injury, contract. There is a lot going on there. Someone will get a bargain - or a salary cap anchor.

Would Melbourne take pick 2 and another high pick for Petracca?
Are you insane? With that $ and the unknowns I'd be hesitant to even offer 2. They'd talk shit then fall over themselves signing that.

Remember this if our club is into Housten or any other player every club will be wanting either Sheezel or Wardlaw plus a high draft pick in return going forward.
No club that is serious about doing a trade would be raising either players name. They would be wasting their own time, ours and their players time. If a club even joked about it I'd be telling them to **** off and come back next year when they're ready to stop wasting oxygen.

I think the angst at the cutting of those 4 guys is largely from hindsight heroes.

At the time it made some sense and although it was handled poorly I don’t think the outrage was that strong. We were seriously old and we’d lost 10 of our last 11 and lost a final to the Crows by a heap.

If the Tigers go the next 8 yrs as a basket case they’ll look back differently.

Agree. Boomer was the only real borderline one and if we hadn't messed up the aftermath it would barely be an issue. Petrie was pretty much cooked, NDS was done, Firrito could have eked a year to little benefit for either of us and yeah, personally I think the match committee should have had the nuts to tell Boomer to chase by dropping him rather than whinging at the end of his career, but he could have done another year or two with little negative impact. Certainly more than picking up a couple of extra rookie quality players.

Houston has been slowly pushed out by Farell, Burton and now Evans.
He's ripe for the taking.
Reckon Lmac doesn't spell well for Lmac at the moment.

Last edited:
He's contracted for another three years though. If by some small chance he nominates us, it might need to involve a F1 or splitting 2 this year.
That's their problem. As we are acutely aware - contracts mean nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back