List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

GoDees will have multiple firsts if they trade out ANB, Kosi, and possibly Trac.
ANB won’t get them a first

still think they hold the other 2 to contract (but if they don’t then you are right)

So tigers post their exodus to rebuild end up the only club with multiple firsts end of trade period if we wanted to split 2

If we're going the split 2 pick for KPF and FP tactic then Davies would definitely make sense.

NM: Davies (GC)
GC: Rioli (RFC)
RFC: Phillips (NM) pick 20 (GC)

Rawling now works for Richmond? Edit: not as bad as I first thought but I think that return for Rioli wouldn't go over well. Good trade for us though.

Last edited:

Would love if we could get Rory along to play Choms CHB role. He has played like a genuine AA CHB this year at times for the Bulldogs since moving back. 31 years of age so allows W Dawson to develop for a couple of years before thrown to the big boys.

Would love if we could get Rory along to play Choms CHB role. He has played like a genuine AA CHB this year at times for the Bulldogs since moving back. 31 years of age so allows W Dawson to develop for a couple of years before thrown to the big boys.
Allows you to also just switch them either end during games if required to get a better matchup if things aren’t working

Allows you to also just switch them either end during games if required to get a better matchup if things aren’t working
Hahaa it sounds good but I think Lobb is genuinely dog shit and a liability in general, except for some reason he flourishes at CHB this year. Kinda saved his career

but then we could play CHOM forward and if xerri ever went down / needed a break we necessarily wouldn’t have to play our Ferraris in chom or larkey in the ruck.

Pick 2 will get us either FOS or Draper both perfect for our list, i wouldn't be giving that up. Our F1 could be Sharp or Ludowyke at this stage, again wouldn't be giving that up.

I know we all want to see improvement but we have a chance to set this list up in the next 2 drafts. Imagine for a moment we get FOS/Draper and Gerreyn (fwd/ruck) then Ludowyke (key fwd) next year.

We'll see natural improvement in our team just given its current age profile, plus getting Logue and Goater back is like getting 2 quality recruits in. Logue allows Chom fwd which is better balance.

Houston might be handy, but we have a number of players who can take that role. We might play FOS from there, Powell, Bergman, Hardeman, Goater or even George if all works out. Goad is a super slow cook, so perhaps trading him back to his home state with a F2 works. I wouldn't be giving away anything more than for the Houston 'instant improvement'.

Yes it might mean a bottom 4 finish next year. It probably will be with or with Houston or other 'quick fixes'. But that list of ours would be primed for 10 years. We add a FA at the end of next season and start trading in any gaps because 26 onwards we're pushing for finals with a brilliant young list.

Its only 1 more year and we can have our list totally ready. Dont throw it away now.
Completely agree. I posted about this earlier in the season . No short cuts. Maybe consider bringing future first into this draft but don't trade our high picks for established players. take the best young ones and hopefully it turns and we become like hawks and all of a sudden all the free agents want to come and we have front loaded well enough to have cap space

Completely agree. I posted about this earlier in the season . No short cuts. Maybe consider bringing future first into this draft but don't trade our high picks for established players. take the best young ones and hopefully it turns and we become like hawks and all of a sudden all the free agents want to come and we have front loaded well enough to have cap space
Yep although im firm on keeping F1, being it might well be a highly rated key fwd. Not against using our F2 tho

If they knew what was good for them, they'd move heaven and earth, getting mature talent through the doors in the next couple of months. Pick 2 shouldn't be off the table either if they can actually entice a star player to pull up stumps and join us.

If they don't, the clean out will be massive.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tigers will get the spoon again next year. Maybe melbourne will implode and join us and the Eagles down there

Please explain to me why we never seem to take VFL players and back ourselves to develop them as opposed to the skinny kids we constantly invest in that always fail.

Isaac Smith, Saad, D’Ambrosio, Clohesy, Newcomb, Bramble, Collins, Mannagh, Riccardi, Ryan, Moore, Zorko, list is bloody endless as that’s from the top of my head.

These guys have a hunger that seems to be missing from these pick 20 and 30 types - or we seem to find it difficult to find the guys that have the See You Next Tuesday to bust their boiler to become the absolute best they can.

The only ones we go with seem to be the athletic project types like Hansen, Dawson who to be fair don’t project as having the unwavering desire to succeed.

It’s time to recruit on character now, and I don’t meant who says the right things - the guys who need to succeed for ego, family, money whatever it is.

Find the guys that have shown some true character to pursue their dreams and allow them to be leaders when they arrive.

They’ve proven themselves as elite at VFL level and then throw them in.

Instead we go with a Drury who is a good character but hasn’t shown he is capable of dominating grown men.

Aren’t the odds more in your favour taking someone who kicks 5 in a VFL final as a midfielder?

Why we didn’t take Mannagh last year when he was under our nose - a classy ball winning half forward that knows how to pressure - is beyond me.

These are the risks we need to be taking ASAP.

Become like the Hawks? The hawks showed balls and grabbed some mature agers that we turned our noses up at in Chol and Ginnavan to name a couple. They also grabbed some good performers from the VFL. They didn't wait patiently and purely rely on the draft and even the ones they brought in aren't top ten picks.... they attacked the situation and deserve to be back out of the rebuild phase so quickly for taking some risks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Become like the Hawks? The hawks showed balls and grabbed some mature agers that we turned our noses up at in Chol and Ginnavan to name a couple. They also grabbed some good performers from the VFL. They didn't wait patiently and purely rely on the draft and even the ones they brought in aren't top ten picks.... they attacked the situation and deserve to be back out of the rebuild phase so quickly for taking some risks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We tried to get Chol, just c/wouldn't give him the years he wanted.

This Board is still traumatised by us trading out a top 10 pick a few years back without getting one in return, yet some are still advocating splitting Pick 2 without getting a top 5 pick back.

The stats on top 5 picks across the years is pretty resounding.

Any Club that trades out of the top 5 does it at their peril.

Please explain to me why we never seem to take VFL players and back ourselves to develop them as opposed to the skinny kids we constantly invest in that always fail.

Isaac Smith, Saad, D’Ambrosio, Clohesy, Newcomb, Bramble, Collins, Mannagh, Riccardi, Ryan, Moore, Zorko, list is bloody endless as that’s from the top of my head.

These guys have a hunger that seems to be missing from these pick 20 and 30 types - or we seem to find it difficult to find the guys that have the See You Next Tuesday to bust their boiler to become the absolute best they can.

The only ones we go with seem to be the athletic project types like Hansen, Dawson who to be fair don’t project as having the unwavering desire to succeed.

It’s time to recruit on character now, and I don’t meant who says the right things - the guys who need to succeed for ego, family, money whatever it is.

Find the guys that have shown some true character to pursue their dreams and allow them to be leaders when they arrive.

They’ve proven themselves as elite at VFL level and then throw them in.

Instead we go with a Drury who is a good character but hasn’t shown he is capable of dominating grown men.

Aren’t the odds more in your favour taking someone who kicks 5 in a VFL final as a midfielder?

Why we didn’t take Mannagh last year when he was under our nose - a classy ball winning half forward that knows how to pressure - is beyond me.

These are the risks we need to be taking ASAP.
Plenty of state leaguers get chosen and fail, too.

Most of the guys you have named went into good systems, and we haven't had one of those for several years. We tried this year with Tyler Sellers and it didn't work out, we also took Toby Pink and Brynn Teakle, who were OK. Free didn't work out, Kal Dawson's been OK. Going back further, we did well out of Sam Gibson, but the NMFC of 2012 is vastly different to the NMFC of the early 20s.

Very strange we havent announced delistings as of yet.
not really
Already lost 3 and we don’t know what targets (if any) we will acquire during trade period

I expect maybe to just announce free and drury delisted now

Then reassess after trade period on everyone else based on what picks we have

Going to go with my idea of the dream, as usual i want height added to this list.

Trade 1
In North - 4, 25
In Adel - 2, 40
Locks up Draper for the crows while keeping a solid position for us.

Trade 2
In North - 6, Lukosius 195, Rosas 180
In GC - Norths F1, 25

Free Agent
Membrey 188

Draft
4 - Smillie 194
6 - Trainor 194
22 - Armstrong 195 / J.Whitlock 200
58 - Sims 199/ Gerryn 199

More than happy to end up with a bunch of talls this year especially ones with such flexibility.
Shoot away haters :)
Trade 1 is probably doable, but nobody is going for trade 2

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back