List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

l'm thinking we we go all out and get as many as we can if the price is right..Time to put pressure on those who have had it to easy for the last few years...Parker and Darling is a start and keep Finnbar also..
a lot of the names so far don't interest me other than parker and to a lesser extent darling

i'm open to bringing more players in but they have to be quality or have big upside

You are too nice. None of Drury, Biggie or CCJ are going to make it. If we keep them, we will only be cutting them next year. With the draft so deep this year, there will be potentially good players getting through to the fourth round. That might not be the case next year.
I agree but every year at this time we expect the club to pay out some spuds contract. Very rarely it happens.
I doubt we pay out ccj after his injury. I just don't think it happens.
Polec should have been paid out the last 3 years of his contract and never was.

If Coops is given another year on the rookie list, he needs a massive kick up the backside. The penny has dropped with him yet by the sounds of it and is quickly heading down the path of a wasted talent/ what could have been type player.
The syndemosis injury at the start of the year didn’t help.

Just needs a full preseason showed some real signs in that first year.

I agree but every year at this time we expect the club to pay out some spuds contract. Very rarely it happens.
I doubt we pay out ccj after his injury. I just don't think it happens.
Polec should have been paid out the last 3 years of his contract and never was.
Depends how his injury complications are. He might be open to an early payout if this season will be a huge struggle.

Depends how his injury complications are. He might be open to an early payout if this season will be a huge struggle.
Yes, but that will be his call. The club rarely chooses to cut someone mid contract, especially following a serious injury

What do we think about getting mason wood? Seems solid, should pick him up play him third tall :stern look

I'm still hopeful on CCJ (I know, I know). But surely he can meet/exceed the Brynn Teakle benchmark of avg 7 touches and 5 hitouts per game?

Nope. Teakle is miles ahead of him and still has a lot of upside. CCJ is no longer required in my mind except for perhaps VFL ruck to take over from Free. But he doesn't need an AFL contract for that.

I'm still hopeful on CCJ (I know, I know). But surely he can meet/exceed the Brynn Teakle benchmark of avg 7 touches and 5 hitouts per game?
Elmo has rarely played as a fwd, id think he has way more upside than CCJ. That said if Larkey goes down, CCJ might be handy to plonk in the square. Always thought he looked more a FF than anything else, seems to get lost up the ground.

Think you've nailed it.

Agree that delisting Maley would be odd unless there's a fundamental issue in his game we're unaware of.

I feel for Charlie and wouldn't be upset to see him get another year.

Sellers is a damn pity. Not sure we set him up for success.
I assume we will lose our extra rookie picks. If we don't my order of retention would be:
  • Harvey
  • Sellers
  • Drury

I agree on Sellers, we didnt give him much of a chance.

Feel for Taylor if he doesn't get another year, even on low coin. He actually performed pretty well when he was back in the side this year, and then injured forcing him to miss the last few. He's no world beater, but he's tried his guts out for us for multiple cellar dweller years.
Hard to feel sorry for a player that was specifically asked to return from last preseason in improved physical shape and didn't.

I assume we will lose our extra rookie picks.

I wouldn't assume this... Gold Coast only just had their extended list removed (hence guys like Rosas Jr and Alex Davies looking at new homes) and they got theirs a few years before we did (and have presented as moving forward).

We'll have ours until we make finals and even then the league will probably just revert back to pre-covid list sizes anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are too nice. None of Drury, Biggie or CCJ are going to make it. If we keep them, we will only be cutting them next year. With the draft so deep this year, there will be potentially good players getting through to the fourth round. That might not be the case next year.
I think there's a balance in there and 8-10 gone is about the right number I think.
Stagger the 18-20 cuts across two years and keep some capable depth players who can play AFL footy.
We will likely cut another 8-10 next year out of Pink, Nyuon, CCJ, Stevo (if not gone), Ford, Phillips, Bergman, RHJ, Maley, Drury, Payne and K Dawson next year, and I've probably missed a few names.

Our late picks are only pick 40, 58 and 64 so I'm not sure we'd be using all of them at the draft.
I'd prefer to give up a F3 for Parker if possible and draft with pick 40.

True, North Melbourne could trade pick 2, and I could be the second coming of Jesus H Christ

Like, I could
I hope we do.
No top end super dooper talent this year.
Imo this year's draft has 10 picks 6s then 35 late first rounders.
It's 100% the year to split

I hope we do.
No top end super dooper talent this year.
Imo this year's draft has 10 picks 6s then 35 late first rounders.
It's 100% the year to split
sure, each to their own, there's arguments both ways; personally I'm not a splitter, but that wasn't really my point - it's the breathless 'journalism' which is no more insightful than anything you'd find here

Happy with that news.

Phillips is a smart, skillful and determinrd player who has more to show if his fitness continues to build. Get the idea he'd be in the young captain discussions if his health hadn't curtailed him to date.

Pink is a tricky one, sometimes shows signs of having a 50+ game AFL player in him. Other times looks a little off the pace. But good size, good attitude and experience in an elite system in Cola.

Very happy with RHJ. Lots of encouraging signs in his run of senior games and the only player on the list with the innate agility and pace to approximate a small forward or maybe even creative winger.
Well said!:)

I genuinely believe there are posters who fire away ad infinitum without actually watching the players they comment on.

Doubly so for the draft thread.
Wait… that’s not how you do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back