List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosas has 45 goals in 45 games.

Richards has 6 goals in 9 games. He’s far less proven and I’ve seen him play at least 3 shockers out of the 9. Not to say he can’t become anything but I don’t understand what you’re relying on when implying Richards is the better prospect.

Many on here have spoken on Konstanty and what he would bring to the side. He hasn’t yet played a game (injury and better players ahead of him would be the reason). I would be for picking him up on the cheap as a depth option.

Rosas is the superior candidate out of all of the options.
Just cos he’s played more doesn’t make him better

In fact we might already have seen his best and imo it’s nothing special

I think the upside in konstanty and Joe Richards tops him

This is where list managers make their coin, being able to project forward

you'd think a boy coming to melbourne from the NT via the Gold Coast might need a fair bit of support, so if it comes to pass, I hope we're organised

Iirc there’s a bit of a family link to Essendon which makes it a little sweeter if he’s chosen us.

Just cos he’s played more doesn’t make him better

In fact we might already have seen his best and imo it’s nothing special

I think the upside in konstanty and Joe Richards tops him

This is where list managers make their coin, being able to project forward

I never said because he’s played more it makes him better. I said there is a greater sample of evidence supporting the ability of Rosas versus a Richards/Konstanty. That’s a fact. I wouldn’t be against getting two of the three either.

You also tend to throw around the word “upside” quite a lot without explanation. Seems like a cop-out to me Nostra.

Rosas has 45 goals in 45 games.

Richards has 6 goals in 9 games. He’s far less proven and I’ve seen him play at least 3 shockers out of the 9.
That’s what the scoreboard says, but I think Richards has demonstrated better consistent forward pressure.

Definitely room for both.

I never said because he’s played more it makes him better. I said there is a greater sample of evidence supporting the ability of Rosas versus a Richards/Konstanty. That’s a fact. I wouldn’t be against getting two of the three either.

You also tend to throw around the word “upside” quite a lot without explanation. Seems like a cop-out to me Nostra.
It essentially refers to natural talent in my eyes

Whether it’s more skilful, better footy iq etc

If we split our pick #2 then l would be thinking that we are not looking at another high mid but looking at getting Trainor then Armstrong and/or one of the Whitlock twins preferrably Jack..

That’s what the scoreboard says, but I think Richards has demonstrated better consistent forward pressure.

Definitely room for both.

I agree with this! Clarko would need to ensure that Rosas improves his forward pressure circa Paul Curtis. The demonstrable improvement in Curtis’ forward pressure gives me hope that anyone we bring in will understand what is required.

I’m not sure about that. Our depth would certainly improve in that area but none of those names are proven AFL performers yet so I don’t think they would transform our forward line. If we added in Shai Bolton or Syengle alongside an actual KPF marking threat then I’d probably agree

He's not going to come to north, any currently known player will not come to north.

We need to make players out of the discard/surplus/obscure pile of players.

It essentially refers to natural talent in my eyes

Whether it’s more skilful, better footy iq etc

I know what it refers to. I just don’t understand how you can see Richards as a more talented, higher-potential player than Rosas. Could you provide evidence for how this is the case?

I know what it refers to. I just don’t understand how you can see Richards as a more talented, higher-potential player than Rosas. Could you provide evidence for how this is the case?
Richards is more skilful
Kicks well off both sides

In his first year despite playing as sub most times he makes an impact

Just wait til he plays more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not going to come to north, any currently known player will not come to north.

We need to make players out of the discard/surplus/obscure pile of players.
I know. It was a hypothetical if.
These types are the best we can hope for in our current state.

I know. It was a hypothetical if.
These types are the best we can hope for in our current state.

Plus, bolton's character is not someone we want as he is bailing as soon as things start to look tough.

Not the kind of character we want where phillips on the other hand stuck with us during the tough personal and club times and will probably come good along with the club.

Phillip's story will be north story, vice versa to be true too.

Richards is more skilful
Kicks well off both sides

In his first year despite playing as sub most times he makes an impact

Just wait til he plays more

Richards will improve for sure, and let’s not forget his forward pressure game is promising. I just see more in Rosas and think he’s been under utilised at the Suns. He is rarely held goalless, provides speed, clean disposal and, if given a more defined role, could be our Bobby Hill when developed. That to me is upside.

I'm all for bringing Darling (changed my mind), or Membry if they can being some competitiveness in the gym. They're both big boys.

And provide some leadership up forward

If we can get membrey it would be very nice, he is an undersized key forward that would suit us just fine.

If we can get darling as well, they that would be a huge boon.

We just need a forward line with some maturity for a few seasons for the rest to gain experience and develop.

That sounds like an alright deal. 9&10 would be easier than 6&9
Lots of water to go under the bridge, if all these picks come off for Richmond? If St Kilda get a pick after their own? Who knows, what do Richmond do? They hold the key in setting the tune, one would think its either Jagga or Finn and I'm very curious as to the quietness of Sid Draper on their board, actually very surprised, are they worried about the go-home factor or they just don't rate him. As I've said before if we don't split our pick 2 for two first rounders then okay, we get our gun mid but we must trade in a future second rounder in this draft and I think there will be suitors.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back