List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

sure, each to their own, there's arguments both ways; personally I'm not a splitter, but that wasn't really my point - it's the breathless 'journalism' which is no more insightful than anything you'd find here
I figure if the top 10 are as close as everyone says its a good idea to split and grab a second bite.
Something like 6-8 and 12-15 for 2.
Get Armstrong and berry.
Job done

My fav game by Mase was up in Sydney where he kicked 4 and we won. He has played solid footy under Ross the Boss.
I was happy to keep him to start with given where we were at. Felt like our expectations and standards for Mason were higher based on "potential" than for many of our players with less (that we kept on or continue to keep on). I'm all for wanting your most talented players to deliver more, but not to the extent you throw them out to prove a point.

Last edited:

My fav game by Mase was up in Sydney where he kicked 4 and we won. He has played solid footy under Ross the Boss.
We all thought that we might have an A-grade player after that game.

Mase has evolved into a high quality player, but sadly and unsurprisingly, not with us.

Adding Rosas, River Stevens, maybe Konstanty, and another preseason for Duursma and Hansen would transform our forward line.
I’m not sure about that. Our depth would certainly improve in that area but none of those names are proven AFL performers yet so I don’t think they would transform our forward line. If we added in Shai Bolton or Syengle alongside an actual KPF marking threat then I’d probably agree

I know it has been reported here already but a friend of mine with a good GC contact said Rosas is telling friends he thinks he will be at NM next year.
you'd think a boy coming to melbourne from the NT via the Gold Coast might need a fair bit of support, so if it comes to pass, I hope we're organised

I know it has been reported here already but a friend of mine with a good GC contact said Rosas is telling friends he thinks he will be at NM next year.

Curtis, RHJ and Rosas all left footers, might have to halve the ground..

you'd think a boy coming to melbourne from the NT via the Gold Coast might need a fair bit of support, so if it comes to pass, I hope we're organised
Can't say it adds up to me but that's what I have been told. Maybe he has a network down here, don't know.

Adding Rosas, River Stevens, maybe Konstanty, and another preseason for Duursma and Hansen would transform our forward line.
This is basically the approach we have taken to fixing òur lack of talls. Lots of late picks and rejects, no serious investment. We need a small forward or two, we should get the best available by splitting pick 2 and taking Berry.
Also, if Sydney are willing to let Konstanty go so soon, I would be very wary - could be another Dylan Stephens. Similar applies to Rosas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is basically the approach we have taken to fixing òur lack of talls. Lots of late picks and rejects, no serious investment. We need a small forward or two, we should get the best available by splitting pick 2 and taking Berry.
Also, if Sydney are willing to let Konstanty go so soon, I would be very wary - could be another Dylan Stephens. Similar applies to Rosas.

I think Rosas is a bit different. He’s suffered from a lack of opportunity and quality development. Perhaps there could be some red flags such as his lack of consistency, but not all players come into the AFL as consistent performers. It’s up to North to make him a consistent performer.

Rosas certainly has the tools based on limited viewing from some games he has played. I’m sure there was a game he kicked 4 in and looked electric. He has pace, agility and knows his way around the goals. If we can help him consistently perform and apply himself, we might have a hidden gem.

I’m not sure about that. Our depth would certainly improve in that area but none of those names are proven AFL performers yet so I don’t think they would transform our forward line. If we added in Shai Bolton or Syengle alongside an actual KPF marking threat then I’d probably agree
I am under no illusions that there is a decent chance that most of those names won’t last the long term, but we have lacked small forwards/pressure forwards for a while, so adding a decent variety of that type will affect the way we play next year. Even if those names are just there for the transition to some higher small forward drafted picks in the future.

I am under no illusions that there is a decent chance that most of those names won’t last the long term, but we have lacked small forwards/pressure forwards for a while, so adding a decent variety of that type will affect the way we play next year. Even if those names are just there for the transition to some higher small forward drafted picks in the future.
I think some of those are good prospects but just don’t think they’ll have a dramatic impact in 2025. Bringing in established talent and fixing our diabolical f50 entries and mid-fwd connection would however have a transformative effect!

^dont think rosas is anything special

Rather go after Joe Richards or Konstanty

Rosas has 45 goals in 45 games.

Richards has 6 goals in 9 games. He’s far less proven and I’ve seen him play at least 3 shockers out of the 9. Not to say he can’t become anything but I don’t understand what you’re relying on when implying Richards is the better prospect.

Many on here have spoken on Konstanty and what he would bring to the side. He hasn’t yet played a game (injury and better players ahead of him would be the reason). I would be for picking him up on the cheap as a depth option.

Rosas is the superior candidate out of all of the options.

Don’t fully agree.

We ponied up decent 1st-2nd round picks for CCJ, Comben, Goad, Dawson and McKay. We got lucky with X and Larkey with later picks, while Nyuon, Maley and Dawson were mostly free hits.

That is a pretty fair balance, albeit absent top end first rounders for talls (not since Loogie), which is hardly egregious.

I would love Berry and any high end small forward or tall, but I’m not upset that we are having multiple cracks at cheap alternatives, especially if one turns into a X, Larkey or LT.

I think some of those are good prospects but just don’t think they’ll have a dramatic impact in 2025. Bringing in established talent and fixing our diabolical f50 entries and mid-fwd connection would however have a transformative effect!
Sometimes we just have to be realistic about who we can actually bring in at our ladder position.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back