List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily. We currently have Teakle, Maley, Payne, RHJ and Kal Dawson signed as rookies.
We could add another rookie under the normal rules for a max of 6, but that means 36 only on the main list.

But how many lost spots would that leave us with?

Don't we have to draft three players, plus we're sniffing around Rosa and Darling?

Does that math math?

Or could biggie and CCJ be no more despite having contracts?

Right now we have 8 spots open assuming we keep our 2 extra rookie picks which we should

Space for 7 on senior list and 1 rookie

I’d keep 1 of CT/cooper
Use 3 ND picks
Bring in 3 players from other clubs

So 7 more spots assuming we keep the extra list spots, and 5 list spots if we lose them? More than I thought.

You'll hate this, but I reckon Drury gets a spot before Cooper. Clarko rates him more, works harder and has done more at VFL level.

Don't we have to draft three players, plus we're sniffing around Rosa and Darling?

Does that math math?

Biggie and ccj have contracts, so they would have to negotiate a departure or trade that they were happy with, given its pretty much certain no club would take them on without a pretty decent sweetner like a decent draft pick the only option would be a payout figure they were satisfied with. Now biggy would be on like chicken feed so wouldnt be a big deal but astonishingly ccj is an half a mill.

Do we look at Lukosius?
If reports are true he is heavily backended it may work in our favour to take on the payment as a salary dump as long as we were not silly enough to start throwing picks away. I read reports of 800 to 900! But then again * paid magoo well over i mill to go across.

I would give a future 2nd for him.... we are screaming out for decent forwards, hopefully this one falls our way
It’s the bargain basement option. The guy is only just now approaching the right age for a tall. He’s also someone that might be suited to the wing or even a tall midfielder.

I would give a future 2nd for him.... we are screaming out for decent forwards, hopefully this one falls our way
If he was on 650k a year, sure, but we’d be paying him 900k a year for the next two, and he isn’t performing anywhere close to that standard atm. Quite a bit for a flanker who plays the one role we have depth in.

I don’t think we should pay the draft capital GC want.

If it was a simple salary dump for a token fourth rounder, sure.
And I’m not sure he wants to sit at hb. Another problem, he was dominated as a forward by a far smaller and inexperienced Jacko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we look at Lukosius?

No, his character is too flakey.

We shouldn't be looking at 'anybody' to raise us, that has to come from the existing list.

If we can't get the list into a top 4 list, then we are wasting our time.

Our list must be decent enough in the first place, then we have some prudent recruits to complement. We are not at that stage yet. We need to add 50 games to the current list first then we start talking.

So 7 more spots assuming we keep the extra list spots, and 5 list spots if we lose them? More than I thought.

You'll hate this, but I reckon Drury gets a spot before Cooper. Clarko rates him more, works harder and has done more at VFL level.
8 total as I mentioned (but yea up to 7 on the senior list)

Fair call, i thought he was a tall forward... we have enough med forwards... move on
He is closest to Blakey in type, though not quite as quick. Arguably, a more consistent good kick.

Does that math math?

Matt Rosa? Two Ex eagles... he is the new Dodoro isn't he. We are having a go at Darling but Rosa be nearing 40

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was speaking to a guy at a party on Saturday night who said that he knew of a guy who was friends with a player's mom's cousin's hairdresser who told them that someone gave them a heads up whilst they were getting a bowl cut that a well renowned high dollar player was legit coming to North.

Problem was I was pretty drunk so can't remember who it was.
I read all that and expected some good info.
Why would today be any different 😝

If he was on 650k a year, sure, but we’d be paying him 900k a year for the next two, and he isn’t performing anywhere close to that standard atm. Quite a bit for a flanker who plays the one role we have depth in.
100% we take luko.
Saves us spending 700k in duds like zurhaar to make the required 95% salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back