List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae only makes sense if:
  • It is a Bulldogs salary dump and we are getting a useful pick in return for picking up what would be his rather substantial salary for the next 3 years, AND
  • We do not manage to land Parker.
Our midfield is too slow on the spread as it is, Macrae is a plodder who would only exacerbate this problem. He also has no secondary position, can't hide him forward as he is next to useless. Would not be spending any draft capital on him.

Isn't his salary only 650-750k range so won't be a salary dump as not huge money

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Macrae only makes sense if:
  • It is a Bulldogs salary dump and we are getting a useful pick in return for picking up what would be his rather substantial salary for the next 3 years, AND
  • We do not manage to land Parker.
Our midfield is too slow on the spread as it is, Macrae is a plodder who would only exacerbate this problem. He also has no secondary position, can't hide him forward as he is next to useless. Would not be spending any draft capital on him.

A plodder who will deliver it into our f50 better than we have seen it in many a year too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Assuming we delist Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor and Harvey (re-rookie or delist) how many can we realistically trade for?

Some chance of Parker, McRae, Darling (unfortunately) and one of Rosas/Owies. Daniel would be a good get too. If we bring in 4, how many picks does that leave in the National Draft? Ideally we’d want at least three right?

Assuming we delist Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor and Harvey (re-rookie or delist) how many can we realistically trade for?

Some chance of Parker, McRae, Darling (unfortunately) and one of Rosas/Owies. Daniel would be a good get too. If we bring in 4, how many picks does that leave in the National Draft? Ideally we’d want at least three right?
Love Parker and McRae perfect

Then there's TT, Greenwood and Shiels.

I'm assuming we draft Stevens.

Means we have 5 spots + Stevens, I think.

Unless we drop Drury too, which means 6 spots + Stevens.

Any more, and we gotta pay-out one of Nyuon, Sleevo or CCJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good. But with all these players you are bringing in we will need to do some more delisting if we want to use those picks. I like it.
Well I'm not as keen on Macrae as Parker. Just suggesting what I'm hopeful the deal is if we take the full salary.
Now Dogs might get Saints 43, Dees 38 or Cats 36 straight up and be happy to pay the salary.
Certainly hoping we don't give up a F2 and get 32 back or something stupid like that.
I guess it depends how desperate they are to get Macrae off the books so to speak.

I’m ok with pairing Parker and Macrae. Macrae puts the pressure on Phillips and Powell but can really accumulate in the middle. Parker makes guys like Ford work harder. Probably Darcy Tucker.

Saints = perennial underachievers on the road to nowhere fast with a boring af coach.

Kangas = Young team on the rise with a 4x premiership winning coach + Sheezel and Wardlaw.

I know who I'd be choosing if I was McRae.
What if we all kina got together and told him we think Ross Lyons is a coaching genius, the St Kilda list has the potential to go deep into September and we all think that for St Kilda in 2025 that IT's HAPPENING!!!!!

Is it still compulsory to take a minimum three draftees?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back