List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we give back Fisher and take Kennedy of their hands? Throw in some potato cakes and a few dimmies to sweeten the deal Brady. He is slow, but strong as an ox and could block for LDU and McKercher in the middle. Has a nice mark overhead as well and does not shirk the tough stuff. Would be worth an inquiry.
You know the rules, NO DIMMIES! ;)

Just what we need; a player telling the Club where he should be playing

Hello Jarred my old friend…

Sad Paul Simon GIF
I would be very surprised if St Kilda/Collingwood doesn't hone in on Kennedy.

Last edited:

We had a few in the 90s. Winnie, Grant, Bell, Allison, Boomer, Freeborn, Scott. Goal kicking smalls have always been part of good premiership winning teams

Bell, Grant and Boomer were small, but more midfielders.

Winston was next level amazing. I often dream about how good he would have been with a proper preseason and today fitness standards (other clubs not ours).

Last edited:
Surely the key lesson of the past few weeks has been that the best small forwards are generally arrogant little pricks. (Breust excluded)
Probably had enough of Silvagni pointing in his face all the time … actually, is Silvagni even there anymore? Might just find Voss to be a lot of a flog

I hope Darling bought LMac's lunch after he dropped that mark in front of goal in Hobart
If we're serious about Darling we probably shouldn't wine and dine him.

The more he learns about our football club the less likely he is to sign.

Just send him a lanyard with a message "see you in December" and leave it there.

Just send him a lanyard with a message "see you in December" and leave it there.
Lanyard wouldn't arrive until mid June.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

i read that carlton has told 3 of their players to look elsewhere.

Matt kennedy is 27, 190cm 90kg inside mid with 120 games, isnt that perfect for us? Future 2nd.

Matt owies is also on the market, he kicked 33 goals. Future 3rd

I'd downgrade my membership if we traded a pick likely to be around 20 for a recently delisted player. Not saying I don't want him, just your valuing of good picks seems to be off. I'd say to him "you'll be paid in full and on time", offer a F4 and sit and wait. Not that he isn't worth a touch more, probably a F3, but our F4 is essentially a F3 from any other decent team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd downgrade my membership if we traded a pick likely to be around 20 for a recently delisted player. Not saying I don't want him, just your valuing of good picks seems to be off. I'd says to him you'll be paid in full and on time, offer a F4 and sit and wait. Not that he isn't worth a touch more, probably a F3, but our F4 is essentially a F3 from any other decent team.
Welcome, Chip. Good points you make. You’ll find this is not the first or last post from the Chairman that seems to be off.

Matt kennedy is 27, 190cm 90kg inside mid with 120 games, isnt that perfect for us? Future 2nd.

I'd happily take both of them, but you don't give up prime draft capital for players who are getting pushed out the door.

We'd essentially be doing them a favor by taking them off their list.

Do you want Phillips or Kennedy getting games in our midfield next year? I’d much rather see Will get a crack to see where his ceiling is.

Our trade/free agency + national draft when it is all done, I feel is going to be "The bold & the Beautiful", a very strong feeling on this. ;)
You've alluded to this several time TTS, I love your optimism and I hope for all our sakes that you're right.

Not sure a Cafe in Nth Mel on a Monday can really be classified as wining and dining!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back