List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis isn't making shit up.

If Carlton want Houston and he wants Carlton, he'll get there.

Worst case is no trade Papley style imo.

Houston landing to us in some overpriced default trade would just lead to a Mitch Clark outcome imo.

We need players who actively want to be here and even then it needs to be for the right price.

With the F/S discount, I don't reckon they'll need any more than their pick 31 for Ben, and the other one will probs be a fourth rounder.

Really expected them to cost a lot more than that, but aware the clubs voted against upping the cost this trade period

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are going to Bradbury our way into getting houston

But we better not offer more than a pick 10 equivalent

Or get them to throw Ollie lord into the deal also
F1>Houston, F2 (Houston valued between picks 9-14)

Or if they play hardball, walk away and aim for:

F1>Adelaide pick 4.

Stuff Port. Out of principle we should never be trading with those charlatans.

@Psicosis isn't making shit up.

No one is saying he's making shit up. And by his own clarification, he's talking about what DH's preference is.

If Carlton wants Houston, they stump up their first and a bit more. But they haven't.

Hence why this thread continues to be filled with such a rich tapestry of emotive viewpoints on the matter.

Fwiw I think the heat in the Houston trade is on port.

Their board and senior leaders will be torn over whether they are in ongoing contention or are about to watch several veterans and solid mature recruits drop away dramatically.

They haven't been to the first rounds of the draft too much lately and will start getting jumpy about getting more early draft youth in. Their first pick is #36.

If Carlton has Houston fully committed Port will be over a barrel and take pick #11 imo. Otherwise they hold a potentially disgruntled player and face another year out of the 1st round.

Fwiw I think the heat in the Houston trade is on port.

Their board and senior leaders will be torn over whether they are in ongoing contention or are about to watch several veterans and solid mature recruits drop away dramatically.

They haven't been to the first rounds of the draft too much lately and will start getting jumpy about getting more early draft youth in. Their first pick is #36.

If Carlton has Houston fully committed Port will be over a barrel and take pick #11 imo. Otherwise they hold a potentially disgruntled player and face another year out of the 1st round.
Surely its an in/out for Poort, whatever they get for Houston ends up at the Gold Coast for Lukousis. Better for their age profile and helps plug some talent into a horrible forward line.

If Carlton has him fully committed, why doesn't he just say it? Why would he instead declare a vaguer preference to play in Victoria?

He doesn't need to declare anything at this stage. He could be quietly letting Carlton get their ducks in a row until he made an announcement. But he didn't. I think that's curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis isn't making shit up.

Worst case is no trade Papley style imo.

Houston landing to us in some overpriced default trade would just lead to a Mitch Clark outcome imo.

We need players who actively want to be here and even then it needs to be for the right price.
Yes, we don't want another Polec type of trade that the player only comes to us because we give them so much more $ than everyone else and we give up great draft capital, that hurts us the years.

It's been tried and failed many times. We need to get higher up the ladder before we start trading away access to potential stars. Pick 2-4 for a HBF who's 27 going on 28 is insanity. I can't actually believe there's those of us who want a few cheap meaningless wins over playing the longer game. We've been through enough, sure, but what's a couple more years?
Couple more years of this crap means couple more years where we can only attract Darlings, Fishers and Stephens's and couple of more years of losing kids as members. Sooner or later we will need to have a breakthrough year and doing it with 18 year old draft picks may never happen unfortunately

I am not saying handing F1 for Houston is a good idea by the way. But I am suggesting that having a go to see how we may be able to split pick 2 or F1 to try and bring quaity players in TODAY is the way to go. I've had a gutful of the "long game". So have the players I'd say. It just gives them an out and while we play the long game we will keep having 3-4 win seasons, saying it will soon turn

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back