List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be handy..but the key get out of jail key word there is if…. Random spitballing / speculation at this point.
slow news day maybe in Twomey land.
yeah i'm pretty sure this is more a next year option as opposed to this trade period

potentially if we miss on houston then maybe Daniel we go harder for this year tho, a solid backup option

North Melbourne in a 'strong position' to land Caleb Daniel if he decides to leave - Twomey

Yes that would be a cheaper option to Houston... probably not too concerned which way we go. Houston slightly more elite but Daniel would be cheaper and allow us to do something else with our F1 on top

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yeah i'm pretty sure this is more a next year option as opposed to this trade period

potentially if we miss on houston then maybe Daniel we go harder for this year tho, a solid backup option

Yes def want either or but need one not both to fall over

Yes that would be a cheaper option to Houston... probably not too concerned which way we go. Houston slightly more elite but Daniel would be cheaper and allow us to do something else with our F1 on top

cant see how either of these blokes can even be compared, ones a fringe small mid and the other is an elite HB??

Underrating Houston there a bit. he is genuinely one of the best half backs in the comp both offensively and defensively. Caleb Daniel can kick and retain the footy but he is a deplorable defender, his kicking also lacks depth and he has lost a bit of toe over the last few years. Daniel is maybe a slight upgrade on fisher, but in all reality, they are as equally as poor as one another, due to their terrible defending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel, Draper (2), Armstrong (ADE4)

…is much, much better than…

Houston, Draper/FOS/Langford + our 2nd rounder.

Got no issue with Daniel, some premiership experience on the back line which would marry well with Parker if we can get him and Darling to some extent.

I'd like Houston if our F1 becomes him and another good prospect but happy to miss out otherwise.

It all means in 2025 no matter what we need to bump up our game as far as recycling players goes and it's worrying if we're not in a better onfield position to do that.

I was more responding to the counter argument of picking a bust midfielder at 2. You could just as easily split and then pick two busts.

I think splitting 2 makes sense but it's pretty rare a team gives up two very good picks for one better one. The WC trade is a.bit of an anomaly and was due to them targeting WA players.
I've got to say that deal doesn't look great at this early stage.

Can't say that I want to see Daniel scuttling around in our colours. I would have thought his best is well behind him by now.
That's how I see it. Still capable at times but hasn't shown the consistency he was showing a few years ago.

Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good.

DH definitely greater than helmet but I can see helmet doing OK for a couple of years at North.

cant see how either of these blokes can even be compared, ones a fringe small mid and the other is an elite HB??

Daniel hasn't played mid for years... he is a hb too. Houston clearly better but also clearly more expensive.... both clearly better than what we have currently

That's how I see it. Still capable at times but hasn't shown the consistency he was showing a few years ago.

Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good.

DH definitely greater than helmet but I can see helmet doing OK for a couple of years at North.
Daniel at "western" has the advantage that he can scuttle around to evade a couple of opponents then poke a 20m kick to somebody like Bont who's done the necessary hard work to make a decent release option. You'd hope that somebody at North is going to lift their game to make a target if Daniel was to be recruited, but by the same token, there could have been guys making targets for Fisher, Kerch or even LMac this year instead of forming a pack on the wing.

It's not so much that he's cooked or over the hill, but Daniel's physical limitations make it really difficult for me to want him in North colours.

His ball use is first class, always has been, but he's completely incapable of physically imposing himself on a game. You can afford to carry these types of players in certain circumstances, but we already have too many players that can't stick tackles and can't compete strongly enough across four quarters.

Unless our 22 next season is significantly different to previous years, I don't see how we can afford to insert Daniel into the lineup.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back