List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

We are basing our success on the kids we have, the foundation that’s been set, and adding a hard bloke that still kicks 3 in a GF we can only dream of being in helps us get there.
Was there today and the guy kicked 3 whilst tagging Neale as a midfielder in a quarter.

There was no way he was going to kick 3 in that rubbish Swans forward line. Papley was probably worse than McDonald, McLean and Armartey.

Reckon its a 30% prospect at this point, but happy to dream all the same.
Jesus I hope we get someone who can drive standards for 5-8 years rather than 2-3 like Darling and Parker.

Houston’s durability indicates he could easily be a core part of our next premiership quest.

Imagine bringing that lot into our squad to replace Shiels and Greenwood.

What’s wrong with people, that would be so profound in building a culture that can win.

For the cost of say (FOS #2) for (Langford or Armstrong or one of the twins) how far ahead are we as a club with Parker, Houston and Darling, on top of the talent we have.

Imagine Duusrma being mentored by Parker not Sleevo, Houston working with Hardeman, Bergman etc, it’s chalk and cheese.

We can’t keep drafting with minimal leadership.

It’s not even a risk to bring Houston in for an early pick for a later first round pick which will be the reality.

I’m excited about where we go when this happens.

Houston is our poor man’s Lachie Neale, two time all Australian who worked his butt off to get into the competition (Rookie draft), what an amazing addition.

Please make this happen North.

Was there today and the guy kicked 3 whilst tagging Neale as a midfielder in a quarter.

There was no way he was going to kick 3 in that rubbish Swans forward line. Papley was probably worse than McDonald, McLean and Armartey.
Sorry, my point is what did you want Parker to do?

His first 2.5 quarters he was trying to nullify Andrews - not his natural role.

Then he goes to Neale and kicks three in the last, admittedly in junk time, but should he just turn his toes up.

Perfect example for our club to keep going no matter what.

Confused as to your point.

What a perfect bloke to bring into our club to set standards.

Totally, the only positions arguably more important are inside mids, outside mids, key forwards, small forwards, half forwards, wingers, and rucks. But definitely more important than back pockets.
Key forwards don't win finals anymore so don't need them. So hence key backs are worthless. Small forwards kick the goals so you need dashing half backs to keep them accountable.

Hence half backs are the most important. I rest my case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half back flankers are probably one of the most important positions in the modern game.
Brisbane took 158 marks in a grand final and Zorko went at 96%.

Watching the Brisbane spread live today was amazing when they win the ball at half back. They can kick.

Jesus I hope we get someone who can drive standards for 5-8 years rather than 2-3 like Darling and Parker.

Houston’s durability indicates he could easily be a core part of our next premiership quest.

Imagine bringing that lot into our squad to replace Shiels and Greenwood.

What’s wrong with people, that would be so profound in building a culture that can win.

For the cost of say (FOS #2) for (Langford or Armstrong or one of the twins) how far ahead are we as a club with Parker, Houston and Darling, on top of the talent we have.

Imagine Duusrma being mentored by Parker not Sleevo, Houston working with Hardeman, Bergman etc, it’s chalk and cheese.

We can’t keep drafting with minimal leadership.

It’s not even a risk to bring Houston in for an early pick for a later first round pick which will be the reality.

I’m excited about where we go when this happens.

Houston is our poor man’s Lachie Neale, two time all Australian who worked his butt off to get into the competition (Rookie draft), what an amazing addition.

Please make this happen North.
Strategically, the most important thing for our club is that we become competitive within a year. Or two at the most.

Houston helps us more in that regard than getting some surplus midfield kid who may or may not become elite with the big boys.

If we become competitive, we attract free agents. If we don't, we waste LDU and lose trade opportunities.

Key forwards don't win finals anymore so don't need them. So hence key backs are worthless. Small forwards kick the goals so you need dashing half backs to keep them accountable.

Who were the Lions half backs today, Zorko & Answerth? Both admittedly had good games, but wouldn't have been in their most important dozen players.

So if the small forwards are kicking all the goals the Half backs Arnt being very accountable then.

Kicked 3 and had the most tackles for his team in a GF. Why are we doubting the pick up, especially if it's for a 40s pick.
In a quarter became the swans best player for the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back