List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe as a delisted free agent/rookie selection has shown a bit of potential, but hard to get excited when he is coming off an ACL. His WAFL form this year was decent without being outstanding.
Indifferent form and at risk of being delisted? A second rounder and a four year deal is already in the mail.

It would be extremely surprising to me if this team made the eight.
WC home ground advantage, more maturity in their younger players, elite spine, plenty of experience across each line. Wouldn't surprise me if they did push the 8. Stranger things have happened (especially with Hawks this year).

Reeks of desperation imo.

Reeks of desperation imo.

Just out of interest as we were only mentioned in this passage, what in particular reeks of desperation?

"Brewing away in the background have been North Melbourne, who currently hold picks 2, 22, 40, 58, 64 in this year’s draft and are very, very keen on acquiring Houston to strengthen their defensive stocks.

Arden Street is currently much further out of the premiership window than the Blues, but with several promising young guns emerging such as Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw and Colby McKercher, will no doubt be a club on the rise in coming years.

“The people I’ve spoken to say North Melbourne, they are keener than mustard. This is going to be a major bid to bring Dan Houston to Arden Street,” Edmund continued.

“Alastair Clarkson will play, if he hasn’t already, a very hands-on role with this. But is that a tough sell?

“When you’re trying to get a player out of a team that’s been at the pointy end for a while, to a rebuilding club like North Melbourne - how desperately does he (Houston) want to get back (to Victoria)?”

Just out of interest as we were only mentioned in this passage, what in particular reeks of desperation?

"Brewing away in the background have been North Melbourne, who currently hold picks 2, 22, 40, 58, 64 in this year’s draft and are very, very keen on acquiring Houston to strengthen their defensive stocks.

Arden Street is currently much further out of the premiership window than the Blues, but with several promising young guns emerging such as Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw and Colby McKercher, will no doubt be a club on the rise in coming years.

“The people I’ve spoken to say North Melbourne, they are keener than mustard. This is going to be a major bid to bring Dan Houston to Arden Street,” Edmund continued.

“Alastair Clarkson will play, if he hasn’t already, a very hands-on role with this. But is that a tough sell?

“When you’re trying to get a player out of a team that’s been at the pointy end for a while, to a rebuilding club like North Melbourne - how desperately does he (Houston) want to get back (to Victoria)?”
We're not trying to get him out of a team. He wants out to get to Victoria.... so we're not prying him loose, but we have to convince him that North is his best destination in Vic.

... is Dan Houston indigenous? I didn't think he was?

(Not that it matters one way or another. Just seeking clarification)

The 2023 AFLPA 'indigenous map' doesn't include him, for what it's worth;

That's really weird, I've seen his described as indigenous and this article below says names were taken from the 2022 map.

But then he's not on that ...

Last edited:
You don't see other clubs being described like that. Bit of reading between the lines on my behalf.

Perhaps, I reckon Edmunds may well have... erhhm... put some mustard on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keener than Mustard, which means we will offer something stupid like both this and next years' first round picks

Keener than Mustard, which means we will offer something stupid like both this and next years' first round picks

Gold standard inventing things to sook about. I mean, we're using a Sam Edmund idiom as the basis for the sook.

Brilliant work

Perhaps, I reckon Edmunds may well have... erhhm... put some mustard on it.

Wait. I thought it meant that someone in our extensive Tasmanian coterie has located an unusually cheap plot of off-market South Hobart real estate that Houston might be interested in?

1727673667085.png

Port: So we hear that you guys are keen as mustard for Houston?
Brady: Umm, no, not sure where you heard that. I mean we like him and such but it's not like we'd give away the farm for him.
Port: Ok so what is your offer (thinking internally that they'd be happy with a pick in the teens)
Brady: Umm, would our first this year and our first next year be enough? Actually, sorry - of course not, he's a double AA player isn't he? Sorry to be rude, didn't mean to insult you like that. Let me have a think about that, what about if we also throw in something else, maybe our second next year? Or would you prefer that to be our second this year?
Port: That seems reasonable to us, we'll take them all.
Brady: But we would like a late sixth round back - perhaps something like pick 124, just to, you know, show that we did negotiate hard on this deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back