List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

WC home ground advantage, more maturity in their younger players, elite spine, plenty of experience across each line. Wouldn't surprise me if they did push the 8. Stranger things have happened (especially with Hawks this year).

Reeks of desperation imo.
Very desperate. I hope this isn't late stage at Hawks Clarko with the OMeara, Wingard and Mitchell trades!

The deal always has to be right. Overpaying for the sake of getting mature players through the door will not help us in the long term.
Whats a reasonable deal for Houston? Once Richmond has concluded their business with Bolton, Baker, Rioli and Graham they seem like the most likely to get involved. Maybe something like below. Preface by saying i still very much doubt he gets to North

North:
In: Houston, 6, 36
Out: 2, F2

Port
In: 13, 21
Out: Houston, 36

Richmond:
In: 2, F2 (North)
Out: 6 (GC), 13 (WC), 21

North Melbourne​

2024 record: 17th (3-20). List manager: Brady Rawlings. Who’s gone? Hamish Free (delisted), Hugh Greenwood (retired), Bigoa Nyuon (delisted), Tyler Sellers (delisted), Liam Shiels (retired), Curtis Taylor (delisted), Tarryn Thomas (delisted). Out of contract: Blake Drury, Cooper Harvey, Charlie Lazzaro. Current draft picks: 2, 22, 40, 58, 64 (tied to Essendon). On the move? No one, at this stage.

What they need: The Kangaroos have class in the midfield but still need help in several areas. They have identified a tall marking partner for key forward Nick Larkey as a priority. A key tall defender will also help.

Trade/free agency targets: The Kangaroos and Blues lead the race for Power half-back Dan Houston, who has four years remaining on his contract. West Coast key forward Jack Darling has requested a trade to North, while the Kangaroos are also interested in contracted pair Luke Parker (Swans) and Caleb Daniel (Bulldogs).

Draft targets: At No.2, the Kangaroos have a great group to choose from, but do they want another midfielder? Jagga Smith, Finn O’Sullivan and Dandenong’s Harvey Langford could all be available, while Harry Armstrong and Alix Tauru are two highly touted talls. – Jon Pierik

some free agents next year
Cam Rayner
Brayden Maynard
Andy Brayshaw
Noah Balta
Hunter Clark
Oscar Allen
Ed Richards

Brayshaw and Balta have always been the two that interest me most.

If we add Houston and Brayshaw next year then we are playing finals in 2026

What's so desperate about chasing a 2 time All Australian in his prime??
Because when the nucleus of our team is ready to contend, his career will just about be over.

This is all about wins next year by snaring a big fish which is completely flawed in so many ways. With the main flaw being he won’t make a difference to the win column next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Clarko could stay out of trade negotiations?
It's not like he is doing such an amazing job as coach that he has time to spare doing other people's jobs as well.
The majority of our improvement in 2025 should largely be off the back of game plan & fitness improvements.

I'd argue both are worst in the competition.

not nice martin freeman GIF by BBC

Just had a phone call with a friend who is the definition of Inner Scrotum™. None of this is 1st hand, take it to the bank type info, but just passing along anyway;
This doesn’t make any sense. Surely the “definition of Inner Scrotum” is first hand, take to the bank info? Otherwise you’re not Inner Scrote?

Very desperate. I hope this isn't late stage at Hawks Clarko with the OMeara, Wingard and Mitchell trades!
Clarko gets slammed for those trades but they had a massive win on the Mitchell trade, they also jagged Impey for very little the same year they obtained O’Meara who at the time was still young.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back