List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

One premiership in 128 years but it’s everyone else’s fault.

No doubt you weren’t complaining when you got Windhager and Owens for bugger all or when you picked up Howard after he was developed by the Giants Academy.

Crywoldt was a PP yeh?

Yeah based on the Thursfield response, it doesn't look like we're planning on picking up Hannaford or Berry this draft which is extremely disappointing. Don't think RHJ or Payne are the answers for us. Curtis is great but isn't zippy enough to play that true small forward role. If North swing a Houston and/or Balta, I'd be prioritizing small forwards. Of the top end midfielders, Lalor seems a winner for mine.

You’ve wanted Parker at North for a very long time mate. Even when he was playing in the 2’s early in his career I remember you stating that North should chase him.

2010 was the first year I really got the chance to watch a bit of junior footy. Watched him single handedly win a game for Dandy against the Jets (I think??). His competitiveness and repeat efforts really stood out, along with his contested ball winning. Been a big fan ever since then. Bit of an old school tough footballer that plays the game right.

Really wanted us to draft him with our 2nd pick of that draft year…..I wasn’t all that disappointed when we picked Harper though!

Yeah based on the Thursfield response, it doesn't look like we're planning on picking up Hannaford or Berry this draft which is extremely disappointing. Don't think RHJ or Payne are the answers for us. Curtis is great but isn't zippy enough to play that true small forward role. If North swing a Houston and/or Balta, I'd be prioritizing small forwards. Of the top end midfielders, Lalor seems a winner for mine.

I think thursfield was playing a bit of a straight bat while talking up RHJ and Payne. In the next sentence he mentioned how good it would be to have a fleet of small forwards.

This isn't the right thread but couldn't find the correct one so I'll make it trade related.... I've heard that we have traded out Puma too, next season our last....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Out: Puma
In: TK Maxx and a second rounder and a future third tied to Freo

Very impressive.

Have always thought the "other" clubs should combine forces more on these things.

Basically the handful of clubs who seem to be subject to actual salary caps, penalties and towing the line.

The small clubs are easy to bribe with scraps, whenever there is pressure they will just jingle the spare change at a club to break ranks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard of playing the long game but this is ridiculous.

View attachment 2127447
Animated GIF

People on here reel out the fact that Simpkin is very close with Oliver like it ain't no thing. Well, for me it's a huge thing. Oliver is an absolute flog, so why tf does Jy give him the time of day? And why did we make someone with such poor character judgement captain?
Being loyal and supportive is part of being a mate isn't it? I wouldn't ditch someone I'd grown up with just because they got themselves in some strife. Especially if addiction/MH is at play.

Being loyal and supportive is part of being a mate isn't it? I wouldn't ditch someone I'd grown up with just because they got themselves in some strife. Especially if addiction/MH is at play.
And this is why most people never make changes because they feel like they can do whatever they like and continue on without consequences. Then when finally the consequences come its too late and said person is riddled with addiction and MH has spiralled out of control.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back