List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

One premiership in 128 years but it’s everyone else’s fault.

No doubt you weren’t complaining when you got Windhager and Owens for bugger all or when you picked up Howard after he was developed by the Giants Academy.
Nah.

Every club got caught napping on their academy players. We all knew about them but they got late bids.

They had a player banned for a year for ordering an energy drink.

Got media harassed into trading Jack Steven cheap.

They're on the shit list with us.

X, Parker, LDU and Sheezel - opening bounce, Round 1.

That looks pretty good to me.

Parker played most of the season in the forward line this season.

Why would you commit huge midfield minutes to a versatile 33 year old (who can play a range of positions) when you have just invested YEARS of high end picks on genuine mids?

Parker spent about as much time in the middle for Sydney this season than Sheezel did and he spent half the year at half back.

He averaged around the same number of clearances and contested possessions per game as Phillips.

Some of the reasoning in this thread is....

Why would you commit huge midfield minutes to a versatile 33 year old (who can play a range of positions) when you have just invested YEARS of high end picks on genuine mids?

X, LDU, Sheezel and Wardlaw start Round 1.

Any other suggestions are incorrect.

Because I want a leader in the centre who will also help with hopefully clearing some space for LDU and Sheezel to do their stuff.

Wardlaw can learn from Parker and over time replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I want a leader in the centre who will also help with hopefully clearing some space for LDU and Sheezel to do their stuff.

Wardlaw can learn from Parker and over time replace him.

Is he going to use his mind control leadership skills to win the ball?

LDU is already one of the best contested ball winners in the competition, is turning 26 next season, he doesn't need Parker there to babysit him.

Sheezel is statistically one of the best young players in history, I think he knows how to play the game.

Yes George can learn some things from Luke, when he's in there a couple of times a game and the hundreds of hours he spends with him outside of matchday.

Parkers not going to be in the side when we are contending and parking players on the bench or McKercher on a bank flank is not going to help this side, in fact it it be to it's detriment.

Craig Bellamy said it best a few weeks ago when I heard him talk about Dustin Martin "Leadership is very simple, it's being a good player and a better player than your team mates. Cam Smith was a great leader because he was a great trainer with high standards, he barely spoke when he was on the field. His leadership was 99% Monday to Thursday." It was an answer regarding his opinion on recruiting the equivalent of Dustin Martin in the NRL.

Parker can play the Shiels role imo.

LDU is already one of the best contested ball winners in the competition, is turning 26 next season, he doesn't need Parker there to babysit him.

Sheezel is statistically one of the best young players in history, I think he knows how to play the game.

Yes George can learn some things from Luke, when he's in there a couple of times a game and the hundreds of hours he spends with him outside of matchday.

Parkers not going to be in the side when we are contending and parking players on the bench or McKercher on a bank flank is not going to help this side, in fact it it be to it's detriment.

Craig Bellamy said it best a few weeks ago when I heard him talk about Dustin Martin "Leadership is very simple, it's being a good player and a better player than your team mates. Cam Smith was a great leader because he was a great trainer with high standards, he barely spoke when he was on the field. His leadership was 99% Monday to Thursday." It was an answer regarding his opinion on recruiting the equivalent of Dustin Martin in the NRL.

our midfield got bullied at times this year against good sides. We need experience in leadership and structural setups on and off the field, which our leaders aren’t supplying. Parker starts rd1 midfield for me

Oh boy Kieren Harper. Haven’t heard that name for a minute.
He and Taylor Garner are the 2 that become superstars for us in an alternate timeline.
All this talk of Harper is making me sad. My username lives on as a what could have been. 😪

I don't think Parker is expecting to come in and play as a full time mid, the fact that he is still very capable defensively and as a contested player is where the appeal lies. When he did go into the middle for Sydney this year he was still very effective and that's exactly what we need, someone who can play a role elsewhere on the field and come into the midfield when we are losing momentum, win a few clearances and provide some physicality around the contest when our younger brigade are tiring.

Parker has more to give on field than Shiels ever did. Good thing is too, he is a very vocal leader, like Hodge was.

All this talk of Harper is making me sad. My username lives on as a what could have been. 😪

I know his family through work, they are in a happy place.

Parker spent about as much time in the middle for Sydney this season than Sheezel did and he spent half the year at half back.

He averaged around the same number of clearances and contested possessions per game as Phillips.

He is leaving Syd simply because he is being played out of position, and wants to play mid.... he will play predominantly mid for us, and rest fwd...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We like to age them to make it feel like a bad deal... Houston is 28 too!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's funny how time works isn't it? Based on this seasons timing, Houston will still be 28 in round 9 2026.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back