List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not far off, although he’s a lot better than Drew. His onfield leadership would also be on part with Butters. So in a team that finished second (let’s apply some escapism here and forget we have Hinkley as a coach and we suck in finals) you would be getting one of our top 5 players and one of our best leaders. Houston doesn’t get injured (touch wood) and would likely be a-class for another 5 years.
Surely in the next 5 years with the young group you have coming through you would be expecting to have a go at top 4.
I’ll disclose my bias, but wouldn’t a single pick in this draft at pick 2 be a risk worth taking? In a draft where there is a pretty even spread of talent over the first 8-10 picks?
I can’t see us accepting a pick next year, so it’s probably a ball in your court deal, if you offer pick 2 you can have him, if not he stays. For the record I’d be happy with either.
How about you watch pick 69 sound and go **** yourself 👍🏼

Deven Robertson anyone? We need a defensive-minded mid & he'd come cheap. Could be Ben Keays Mk.2?

I hate kangalotto and am all for personal expression, but headbands (especially en-mass) are for the tip.
Current Geelong side up there with mid-90s Richmond who had a spate of undercut bowl head things as "worst haircut side in AFL history'

Probably not far off, although he’s a lot better than Drew. His onfield leadership would also be on part with Butters. So in a team that finished second (let’s apply some escapism here and forget we have Hinkley as a coach and we suck in finals) you would be getting one of our top 5 players and one of our best leaders. Houston doesn’t get injured (touch wood) and would likely be a-class for another 5 years.
Surely in the next 5 years with the young group you have coming through you would be expecting to have a go at top 4.
I’ll disclose my bias, but wouldn’t a single pick in this draft at pick 2 be a risk worth taking? In a draft where there is a pretty even spread of talent over the first 8-10 picks?
I can’t see us accepting a pick next year, so it’s probably a ball in your court deal, if you offer pick 2 you can have him, if not he stays. For the record I’d be happy with either.
Lol Pick 2.

Ball ain't being left in our court, we'll offer what we think he's worth (which is not pick 2), if you don't like it, we walk away.

After all it's Houston wanting out of your shit boring state not us chasing him :laughv1::laughv1:

What about if he comes with Melbournes pick#5 ?
Then to quote the other Oliver..

hungry oliver twist GIF

What's the obsession with SDK? Got monstered in the ruck by his brother and didn't get a game with Geelong in the finals in his fourth year on a list?

Apparently he’s suffered from injury issues this year resulting in him not being fit enough to play in their side for finals. Not sure it’s a question on his quality.

Lol Pick 2.

Ball ain't being left in our court, we'll offer what we think he's worth (which is not pick 2), if you don't like it, we walk away.

After all it's Houston wanting out of your shit boring state not us chasing him :laughv1::laughv1:
That was my point I guess. It’s up to you to make an offer, if not everyone walks away which I’m happy with.

Clearly made of stern stuff.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Wasn't picked for the final ... whichever final the cats just played in .... might be he thinks that he will always be the one to make way ... as well as everyone playing says that they wanna play in finals, and getting dropped for a final ... understandable imo. Idk, I'm far from privvy, just throwing out thoughts ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, unfortunately I’m not in the AFL or recruitment industry as much as I’d love to be. I’m like most of us here, I read the match reports, the draft forums, the phantom drafts, the power rankings and every article I can find on the draftees over a plethora of different media outlets and using all those as a reference point I have found he isn’t in many of any top 10s. Just today I read rookie me central had him ranked at #12 - if I am expected to do more then that please let me know.

Say we had pick 8 and he was expected 10-12 - I’d be happy to reach but not with pick 2, best available thanks.
Well that is a very good summary credit to you and no there is not much more you can could do. I myself would have no issue picking him with our pick 2 but that certainly doesn't make me right Looking forward to see how it all pans out.

Nice Dead Kennedys handle you got there.

North's list management crew did a Q&A last night where they made it clear that:
1) they were intending to hit the "pointy end" of this year's draft, and
2) they were prepared to use our F1 on "the right experienced player"

When you add the media reports about how our F1 is on the table for Houston to what was said in that Q&A, I think its fair to say the club is prepared to put F1 on the table to make a Houston deal happen.

Now if that's not good enough for Port, then the next question is probably how viable is it for us to split F1 with a third party to get you guys picks in this years draft.

Nice Dead Kennedys handle you got there.

North's list management crew did a Q&A last night where they made it clear that:
1) they were intending to hit the "pointy end" of this year's draft, and
2) they were prepared to use our F1 on "the right experienced player"

When you add the media reports about how our F1 is on the table for Houston to what was said in that Q&A, I think its fair to say the club is prepared to put F1 on the table to make a Houston deal happen.

Now if that's not good enough for Port, then the next question is probably how viable is it for us to split F1 with a third party to get you guys picks in this years draft.
I’d probably take the F1.

They didn't really, was just good marketing hype!!
I reckon I've got half a box unused TDK cassettes and a handful of the video tapes as well. Might've fallen off the back of a truck in North West London ....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back