List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty obvious Filthy. We are the Roos, so the play on that concept, mixed with rumour would have to be...

The KANGAMOUR Files.

Not gonna lie it’s better than my original plan “bluemour files but on the North board”.

Huh? I wasn’t being rude.
Hello Jello_B, I understand, I think the notion of pick 2 for Dan is how do I say this, a little bit crazy, your talking about an All Australian player {twice} and a very good player but for one pick off the number one draft pick, I mean your talking Judas, Harley Reid, Jamarra Ugle Hagan. Myself personally, I rate Dan around pick 10/11/12, certainly not pick 2, and even those picks mentioned, some on here would be spewing so we are a little bit defensive at the moment about our pick 2 so even though you were not rude that trade scenario was not of this world, if you know what I mean! :alien:

Nah what you should try is actually backing up your sentiment with evidence.

One things for sure is that he has a better kicking action than most ruckmen. That’s obvious.

Exhibit B would be some of the other mids in the comp who blatantly hack the footy worse than Luke. Examples would include: Oliver, Treloar, Adams, Serong, Anderson, Caldwell, etc.

Luke was hit and miss this year, but has some absolute beauties in his locker based on what I’ve seen in his career.

The irony is that you are comparing him to the worst kicks in the competition who also play midfield, it isn't a ringing endorsement that he is in this group. Most of these guys also play more inside than LDU.

I don't think LDU is a bad kick, he is just shithouse when he goes inside 50 and he doesn't do the heavy lifting defensively so I expect him to have a lot more polish going forward. Why doesn't he kick more goals? He should have tidied his kick inside 50 a long time ago.

Of the players you listed, I am using this years stats except for Oliver, he is on a bender and missed a lot of games last year so I am using his 2022 stats. Adams didn't play a lot of midfield time so I am using his stats from last year when he did.

LDU played 23 games, 86.4% ToG. Averaged 27.7 disposals, 13.7 kicks at 64.2% accuracy. He averaged 12.5 contested possessions at 44.2% CP rate). Averaged 6.3 clearances, 3.9 tackles and 23.1 pressure acts. He had 122 inside 50s (5.3 avg). He kicked 11.4 at 61.1% accuracy and had 13 goal assists or 9.39 I50s per goal assist.

Oliver in 2022 played 23 games and also had 86.4% ToG. Averaged 32.7 disposals, 15.0 kicks at 52.6% accuracy. He averaged 17.8 CPs at 53.3% CPR. Averaged 8.7 clearances, 5.5 tackles and 26.2 pressure acts. He had 124 inside 50s (5.4 avg). He kicked 8.7 at 31.3% accuracy and had 28 goal assists or 4.43 I50s per goal assist.

Oliver is a WAY worse kick than LDU but why is there such a stark contrast in assists. It isn't because we are shit kicks at goal like some clubs, we have a very good conversion rate, the delivery to our forwards is just abysmal and the last guy who tried to show our mids how real clubs deliver the ball inside 50 he was laughed off and kicked out of the club. They thought he was a dickhead for asking the mids to put the ball in front of him instead of 10m over his head.

Treloar 104 inside 50s (4.5 avg). 26 goal assists or 4.0 I50s per goal assist. He kicked 16.6 at 55.2% accuracy, his KE was 54.9%. Why is Treloar kicking a lot more goals and creating a lot more goals than LDU?

Serong also 104 inside 50s. 27 goal assists or 3.85 per GA. He kicked 13.10 at 44.8% and had a KE of 52.4%. Why is he a scoring machine compared to LDU?

Adams (2023) 88 inside 50s (3.8 avg) 25 goal assists or 3.52 per GA. Kicked 13.11 (44.8% accuracy) and had a KE of 52.7%. He was also 30 in 2023. LDU is in his prime and nowhere near as effective.

Anderson is probably more in LDU's league. He had 139 I50s (6.0 avg) for 15 GA or 9.27 per GA. He kicked 13.8 at 54.2% accuracy) and his KE was 58.8%. I wonder why GC ended bottom 4... must be a coincidence.

Caldwell only played 75.3% ToG, so he wasn't on the field as much. He had 82 inside 50s for 11 GA or 7.45 per GA, not good, but a lot better than 9.39. He kicked 8.9 at 34.8% accuracy and his KE was 60.1%. He had a lot more defensive roles, averaged 6.5 tackles per game.

If we are going to get out of the bottom 4 he has to improve his ball use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable said Clarko had met with Houston in the last few days.

Do we think that if Al got out the guitar & sang Dan a ballad during the catch up that it would help or hinder our chances of landing him??

Did he take his phone? :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back