List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton use their 1st pick to get Houston what do they do to get the Camporelie twins because isnt that what they are planning to use as part of the bid for them. Also how far down the trade table can Carlton go before other clubs can bid on them?
Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge on Gettable were saying they don't expect a bid on the twins until after pick 30.

If you see Ivan move in the trade period, again, it will only happen if we are happy with it. We don't need to be nasty about it, but it will have to appeal to us, we don't have to do a deal if we don't like what comes back our way. Dan and Ivan are both contracted." - Chris Davies

Contradicting ****. Pretty sure I recall him and them getting nasty towards us straight after their deal went through.

**** dealing with port

You might want to wait and see on LDUs i50 kicking until we have an AFL standard forward line with AFL standard coaching.

What I saw last season was far from the above.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He isn't a bad kick, I don't know why his kicking inside 50 is not great. You've watched us play, you can't be this blind. Larkey is a good forward on a lead and at times he leads out in space and the ball from LDU goes nowhere near him. It is like he is trying to lace out a perfect pass and just doesn't connect when all you need is just a soft kick out in front of him and Larkey can adjust his lead to hit the ball. There is nothing he can do when it sails way over his head or is a mile wide.

He just does it way too many times for people to be unaware of the problem.

It isn't a crusade against him, it is an obvious deficiency which has been there year after year and has held him back from being in the top tier of midfielders. It shouldn't take him 10 inside 50s to get a goal assist, 1 goal assist every two games is not great from an elite offensive midfielder.

If he can get it down to 3-4 I50s per GA and we stop getting Jy kicking inside 50 and have Sheezel do it instead we would be a 4-5 goal better side without having to improve in any other area. If we did that this year it would have turned 6 losses into wins and put another 4-6 games into a close enough range that we would have been in the game.

People just don't understand how badly that wasteful kicking hurts our ability to improve.

The more they say this stuff publicly the less likely it is to be true - and the more likely Dan will take his bat and ball to prove a point.
Houston is contracted. This is the only time clubs have genuine pull against players. Im all for clubs holding players to account. He’s got years left, take your bat and ball and waste away in the SANFL if you want to behave like that.

Im a little over players having all the pull and shitting on clubs. So GAGF AFLPA.

If Carlton use their 1st pick to get Houston what do they do to get the Camporelie twins because isnt that what they are planning to use as part of the bid for them. Also how far down the trade table can Carlton go before other clubs can bid on them?
AFL handouts

You guys really need to get pick 2 out of your minds. You were never getting pick 2 for Houston. You're just fooling yourselves. Something around pick 10 is his worth. Everyone who is not Port Adelaide agrees.

The Adam Saad trade a few years back is almost a perfect comparison. He was a year younger but not in contract. Both elite half backs. He went for #8 with some change coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't a bad kick, I don't know why his kicking inside 50 is not great. You've watched us play, you can't be this blind. Larkey is a good forward on a lead and at times he leads out in space and the ball from LDU goes nowhere near him. It is like he is trying to lace out a perfect pass and just doesn't connect when all you need is just a soft kick out in front of him and Larkey can adjust his lead to hit the ball. There is nothing he can do when it sails way over his head or is a mile wide.

He just does it way too many times for people to be unaware of the problem.

It isn't a crusade against him, it is an obvious deficiency which has been there year after year and has held him back from being in the top tier of midfielders. It shouldn't take him 10 inside 50s to get a goal assist, 1 goal assist every two games is not great from an elite offensive midfielder.

If he can get it down to 3-4 I50s per GA and we stop getting Jy kicking inside 50 and have Sheezel do it instead we would be a 4-5 goal better side without having to improve in any other area. If we did that this year it would have turned 6 losses into wins and put another 4-6 games into a close enough range that we would have been in the game.

People just don't understand how badly that wasteful kicking hurts our ability to improve.
Needs 2 weeks with Boomer who is the best exponent of the weighted kick to a forward in the last 40 years.

The rather aggressive backlash in the media to Andrew Bassat's claims that the draft system is unfair and comprised has taken me by surprise somewhat.

It was around this time last year the media were in a lather about the draft system being unfair and compromised with our priority picks and the McKay compensation.

Everyone knows the draft is hopelessly compromised by father-sons, academies, priority picks and compensation. Why so narky this time?

The rather aggressive backlash in the media to Andrew Bassat's claims that the draft system is unfair and comprised has taken me by surprise somewhat.

It was around this time last year the media were in a lather about the draft system being unfair and compromised with our priority picks and the McKay compensation.

Everyone knows the draft is hopelessly compromised by father-sons, academies, priority picks and compensation. Why so narky this time?
Especially for a side the announced they were going to be final contending…

They weirdly came off more pathetic than us after him saying that

Gryans technique is absolute filth. He leans right over and essentially hooks the ball. Its rubbish but it works for him. Have a look at his planted foot.. its terrible, nothing is square to a target but it works and he’s confident in doing so.

Chriss Judd action was terrible but he had the right mix of confidence and ability.

Luke is low on confidence. A highly confident Luke will drive the ball and have more running shots at about the 50 mark.

You can attempt to breakdown to a bio mech level as much as you like. It doesn’t always work that way.

Its more mental than it is ability. My two cents anyway
I don’t really agree on that statement. In my opinion I think Luke is chock full of confidence with his skills. Feel like he is good for at least one shot from 50 per game.

Where it wains is his confidence in his teammates to give him the time he needs to hit a high risk target.

Won't be until after Sydney's BnF this weekend.

Official!

homer simpson eating GIF

Now say we aren't getting Houston for a future 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back