List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually don't have an issue with trading the F1, but there's no way we should be giving up both 22 and 40 in your proposed deal. Giving up F1 and 22 to get back 9 and 18 is already shaky, let alone throwing 40 in too.
Pick 40 might end up 45-50 on draft night, and has been flagged as the pick that could be used for Parker. With Parker, Darling and potentially Daniel to come in, i could see us taking only 4 players on draft night. What you also have to consider is that with pick 2,9,18 we have significant assets that will be coveted in live trading on draft night. There is nothing to say we couldn't further improve our hand from that point. We have historically been too conservative in this space.

It would be called Two Weeks.
Not if it centres around our new, average recruits sitting there complaining about their contracts when they compare them to Jy, LMac et al - "Five years? That's all we got?"

Isn't that Aiden McCartney?

He's another NMFC father son in their academy. They are taking the piss, these blokes.
There is a rumour he'll nominate us anyway. In which case thanks for the development Swannies but youse still owe us.

Pick 40 might end up 45-50 on draft night, and has been flagged as the pick that could be used for Parker. With Parker, Darling and potentially Daniel to come in, i could see us taking only 4 players on draft night. What you also have to consider is that with pick 2,9,18 we have significant assets that will be coveted in live trading on draft night. There is nothing to say we couldn't further improve our hand from that point. We have historically been too conservative in this space.

None of that is a reason to throw in 40 to a deal unnecessarily though. Giving up F1 and 22 for 9 and 18 is very fair on its own

Or, the whole thing blows up in their face.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Just putting this out there in the ether - I wonder what impact both Darling and Parker requesting trades to North will have on other prospective targets (e.g. Houston, Daniel, etc.) :think:

What impact might it have on their thoughts on the club and potentially playing with those guys...

I guess we'll see. Might not have any impact...but I'm curious.

I actually don't have an issue with trading the F1, but there's no way we should be giving up both 22 and 40 in your proposed deal. Giving up F1 and 22 to get back 9 and 18 is already shaky, let alone throwing 40 in too.
In that scenario, its a f1 only. No 22, 40.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My ten minute effort over lunch.

North give: 2 and F1
North get: 6, 12, 13, 20, 36

Draft Armstrong at 6
Trade 12 and 20 for Houston and 36
Draft Berry / Hannaford at 13
Draft Whitlock / Faull / Gerreyn at 22 (or Trainor if he keeps sliding)
Trade 36 & 58 for Daniel
Trade 40 for Parker
Trade 64 for Darling
Rookie Stevens
---

GC get: Rioli, North F1
GC give: 6, 12, 20, 46
(leaves enough in their hand for Lombard)

Richmond give: 21, Rioli, Baker
Richmond get: 2

Hawthorn give: 13, 67
Hawthorn get: Barrass

WC give: Barrass
WC get: Baker, 46, 67

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in general I wouldn't trade our future first

but would consider splitting pick 2
I’m the opposite Nos. Next year isn’t a guarantee it’s a high end pick, this year it is. One more year of extreme high end talent into the club, play around with a few different mixes with next year and beyond.

I’m the opposite Nos. Next year isn’t a guarantee it’s a high end pick, this year it is. One more year of extreme high end talent into the club, play around with a few different mixes with next year and beyond.
i think we can split 2 into 6 and 12

i'd rather that then lose a future first for a pick around 10 this year

None of that is a reason to throw in 40 to a deal unnecessarily though. Giving up F1 and 22 for 9 and 18 is very fair on its own
I think that’s a reasonable point. If I’m Fremantle I’m shopping the pick around and taking the best deal available. Were going to need to overreach to get to the front of the cue.

It would need more parties and pieces involved, because GC have to pay Richmond for Rioli somehow.
they can use their future first

or we just wait til richmond do their deals and split with them instead of the gc

there is no rush and I am also fine keeping 2 but the point is i would not trade a future first this year

I'll have a crack!

North
In: 9, 18
Out: F1, F4, 58, 76

Brisbane
In: 27, 58, 69, 76, F4 (NM)
Out: 18, F3

Fremantle
In: F1 (North), F3 (Lions)
Out: 9, 27

North 2024 Draft picks

2025 Draft: F2, F5, F6, F7

Assumes: F3 for Parker, 64 for Darling & we take on their wages.

Only four clubs?

Lets Go Hype GIF by Zypto

Just putting this out there in the ether - I wonder what impact both Darling and Parker requesting trades to North will have on other prospective targets (e.g. Houston, Daniel, etc.) :think:

What impact might it have on their thoughts on the club and potentially playing with those guys...

I guess we'll see. Might not have any impact...but I'm curious.

I wouldn't expect too much, they are going for longer deals, Daniels wants to play in the AFL instead of the VFL.

I think the post bye period might have given people some hope that it wont be a complete shit show forever and a few others might help a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back