List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just greedy to be trading a F1 for picks this year.
more so just short sighted

we will regret not having a top 10 pick next year if we did

whereas splitting 2 this year we can still get 2 decent first rounders who won't be too far off what we maybe could have taken

but again I'm happy to not make any moves with any of our picks tbh unless something very favourable came up

At most. They should be paying the stupid contract they gave him too. 3 more years at an indexed $700k is a fair bit, whatever they say.

In saying that, I'd happily enough pay 59 for CD.
I'd happily pay 64 for Parker
& give Konstanty a good warm home.
Houston is tricky, I'd do the swap if he came out and said to the world, I want to play for North. Until such time, I'd hang up Davies' calls, uck those peasants.

2,22,40 should be off the table for any trade.
Dean Winchester Devil GIF

more so just short sighted

we will regret not having a top 10 pick next year if we did

whereas splitting 2 this year we can still get 2 decent first rounders who won't be too far off what we maybe could have taken

but again I'm happy to not make any moves with any of our picks tbh unless something very favourable came up
There is just no motive for Richmond to move up. All 18 clubs would take 6,12 over pick 2 this year. If Richmond end up with 4 or 5 first round picks, think they are more likely to trade into the future rather than consolidate higher up the board this year. I haven't read or heard anyone in the media mentioned this was a live possibility.

Have we made a successful trade involving a future first / betting on our improvement yet?

All I can remember is our 2019 first to Melbourne costing us Flanders/Pickett/(Serong)? while gaining Powell.

And the two PP's from last year becoming a slight pick upgrade + Fisher and Stephens - which I think we'd all have them back pretty quick to facilitate better trades or take 20's picks in this very even draft with KPP's in that range. I'll be very interested in who is taken with those picks.

Our 25 and under core group is going to drag us up the ladder sooner than later, and closer to the top four than the bottom four. You'd assume that cluster of elite talent packed into such a small age group means they'll be contending for lets say top 6 for hopefully close to 8 years. We're not going to be looking at another top four pick for quite a long time, and we need to be very very careful with the one we'll probably have next year.

I'm not saying don't trade it, but boy it better be a safe bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is just no motive for Richmond to move up. All 18 clubs would take 6,12 over pick 2 this year. If Richmond end up with 4 or 5 first round picks, think they are more likely to trade into the future rather than consolidate higher up the board this year. I haven't read or heard anyone in the media mentioned this was a live possibility.
the motive for richmond is to have the 2 best kids in the draft so they don't have to worry about stressing over someone sliding

eg they want Jagga and FOS

and then alternatively to split with gc the motive would be they get ahead of lombard bid to be able to then get him plus another young gun

they can trade their future first for rioli instead

So Houston doesn’t want us and prefers Carlton.

C Daniel is gettable but we put it on the back burner bc we’re waiting for Houston to change his mind?

Have we made a successful trade involving a future first / betting on our improvement yet?

All I can remember is our 2019 first to Melbourne costing us Flanders/Pickett/(Serong)? while gaining Powell.

And the two PP's from last year becoming a slight pick upgrade + Fisher and Stephens - which I think we'd all have them back pretty quick to facilitate better trades or take 20's picks in this very even draft with KPP's in that range. I'll be very interested in who is taken with those picks.

Our 25 and under core group is going to drag us up the ladder sooner than later, and closer to the top four than the bottom four. You'd assume that cluster of elite talent packed into such a small age group means they'll be contending for lets say top 6 for hopefully close to 8 years. We're not going to be looking at another top four pick for quite a long time, and we need to be very very careful with the one we'll probably have next year.

I'm not saying don't trade it, but boy it better be a safe bet.
Conversely look at what Melbourne were able to achieve by bringing a F1 into the 2019 draft. They turned their F1, 26 and 50 into Pickett and Trent Rivers.

With darling, Parker, Daniel and Houston if he was to come I'd be pretty confident of that

Really? We were eight wins and 35% from 14th this season just gone. Granted it's unusual for 14th to have 11 wins, but of the players you've mentioned, only Houston is a genuine difference maker.

The working assumption has to be that F1 is going to be 1-4 still.

Really? We were eight wins and 35% from 14th this season just gone. Granted it's unusual for 14th to have 11 wins, but of the players you've mentioned, only Houston is a genuine difference maker.

The working assumption has to be that F1 is going to be 1-4 still.
correct... it's delusional to assume otherwise. We need more than 8 wins to get out of the bottom 4, that is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back