List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? We were eight wins and 35% from 14th this season just gone. Granted it's unusual for 14th to have 11 wins, but of the players you've mentioned, only Houston is a genuine difference maker.

The working assumption has to be that F1 is going to be 1-4 still.
It's also natural improvement, Wardlaw and Sheezel another preseason, Kerch up the ground, comben more development and I think those other guys would be really good complimentary pieces, and Parker slightly better than that. I'm actually really bullish about what darling can go in tandem with larkey

Conversely look at what Melbourne were able to achieve by bringing a F1 into the 2019 draft. They turned their F1, 26 and 50 into Pickett and Trent Rivers.
Yeah and that COVID year was crazy, but they correctly backed themselves and went from 17th with 78% in 2019 - to 9th in 2020 with 107%.

We've made similar bets twice in the same period and flopped.

and as a fallback if carlton pull out

Which is fine, they're in finals and he has ties there.

Some people just can't handle not being the first choice, I don't give a shit if it improves our side.

the motive for richmond is to have the 2 best kids in the draft so they don't have to worry about stressing over someone sliding

eg they want Jagga and FOS

and then alternatively to split with gc the motive would be they get ahead of lombard bid to be able to then get him plus another young gun

they can trade their future first for rioli instead
Dont get me wrong i would love for us to trade pick 2 for 6 and 12. Ideal result, but I just don't think it's realistic

Or, the whole thing blows up in their face.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He he blow…
true romance smile GIF

Some people just can't handle not being the first choice, I don't give a shit if it improves our side.
100% fine
my issue is what he will cost us

like i've mentioned several times the only way i would get houston is if we can split pick 2 (latter pick to port) otherwise we need to walk away also

Time to move off Houston. Caleb Daniel is gettable and with a bit of love and making him option A it may get it done.

No point waiting for Carlton/port/ Houston camp to get a deal done or fail to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and that COVID year was crazy, but they correctly backed themselves and went from 17th with 78% in 2019 - to 9th in 2020 with 107%.

We've made similar bets twice in the same period and flopped.
Yep point taken. There are a few things to consider in 2025 that might differentiate from other situations. Future trading will be opened up which allow us to trade picks 2 years in advance, and give us an ability to trade back into the draft should that be of interest. Our list build and profile is in a completely different position to 2019-2021. If we land pick 9 in this years draft, and end up giving up pick 4 next year hypothetically, it isn't going to be the determinant of whether we are going to be successful or not moving forward.

So why poach someone who isn’t keen?

They reported he is open to coming here, but his preference is Carlton.

Translation: He doesn't have much faith that Carlton can get the deal done so he is keeping his options open.

Interesting we haven't heard anything from his camp given their exit interviews were a while back.
Might just be tossing it all up in his head.

Wasn't the call always going to be made post the bnf which wasn't until last night

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn't say isn't keen just Carlton was preference.... my preference was always Mila Kunis but married my wife instead and I'm still happy!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Plot twist, your wife is Mila Kunis.

I said as much back on Monday night. Tommy Morris again with the late news or it took him 3 days to catch up reading this thread
If Carlton comes to the table with a suitable trade then they will get Houston.
They’re offering $1.1 a year.
We’re offering $1.5

FYI money isn’t a deal breaker here.

Houston was a lifelong Carlton supporter growing up and they’re contending in finals.
If they get a deal together that works for Port then we are outsiders.
We were never favourite to land Houston from the get go.

Yep. We should absolutely be ready to welcome him with open arms If Carlton don't come to the table and port say 'hey, if you really want to get back to Vic then we'll take Norths offer'

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back