List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think we will get a better picture of what teams have what picks after trade period.
If Tigers move Baker, Rioli and Bolton then things could get real crazy. Surely they'd come hard for pick 2 then?

I think some of this talk regarding us being able to fleece teams of multiple picks is a bit of copium on our fans behalf.

Just like pretty much every other supporter bases draft threads going "oh North will take Trainor at 2 leaving us with XXX" is the same.

The servers will explode if we take FOS or Draper on draft night.

I think some of this talk regarding us being able to fleece teams of multiple picks is a bit of copium on our fans behalf.

Just like pretty much every other supporter bases draft threads going "oh North will take Trainor at 2 leaving us with XXX" is the same.

I think top 10 picks will go for an absolute premium. I doubt we’d be able to trade down for multiple picks.

I didn't say we'd fleece other teams, but two picks in the 7-15 range is in line with the Wardlaw trade.
I wouldn't exactly be keen sliding that far back but if we wanted Armstrong the club might do it.
My preference would be more doing something with Crows if they want Draper at 2 and picking up another pick.
I don't really mind if we sit and take any of FOS/Draper/Langford/Lalor/Armstrong/Smillie at pick 2.
The Tigers may well be happy to sit like we did last year and take multiple young kids vs chasing pick 2.

Yeah I think we will get a better picture of what teams have what picks after trade period.
If Tigers move Baker, Rioli and Bolton then things could get real crazy. Surely they'd come hard for pick 2 then?

They would only come hard if what they can get at 2 is considerably better than what they can get 5-15 which doesn't appear to be the case this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn't say we'd fleece other teams, but two picks in the 7-15 range is in line with the Wardlaw trade.
I wouldn't exactly be keen sliding that far back but if we wanted Armstrong the club might do it.
My preference would be more doing something with Crows if they want Draper at 2 and picking up another pick.
I don't really mind if we sit and take any of FOS/Draper/Langford/Lalor/Armstrong/Smillie at pick 2.
The Tigers may well be happy to sit like we did last year and take multiple young kids vs chasing pick 2.

Why would we want Draper at 2 when we could have him at 4, or any one of FOS/Smith/Langford/Smillie/Reid?

It's just not going to happen, Strong argument emerging for Ashcroft or Smith at Pick 1, from there throw a blanket over the next 6

Why would we want Draper at 2 when we could have him at 4, or any one of FOS/Smith/Langford/Smillie/Reid?

It's just not going to happen, Strong argument emerging for Ashcroft or Smith at Pick 1, from there throw a blanket over the next 6
Except we can get the one that best suits our list

You know Sphynx you aren’t doing it right, we only pick quality unless it’s Rawlings fault

Some have said the Eagles might be keen on Draper at 3 so Crows could get ahead.
Sounds like you want to trade your 1st anyway and get something back from GC for Lukosius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would only come hard if what they can get at 2 is considerably better than what they can get 5-15 which doesn't appear to be the case this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That could be right but they jmight really want a certain player in the top 2 and think they'll be gone by GC or Freo picks if they get them in a trade. Tigers might refuse to trade Rioli or Bolton, so we'll wait and see what happens.
They might be better off just sitting there and taking a volume of players.

Ones a former first round pick who is under 22 the other is a 26 year old list clogger who has been delisted

My girlfriend is a Collingwood nuffy so I’m very knowledgeable on most of their players. Having watched his whole career to date, he just doesn’t do much. Let’s not forget this is with sublime delivery from the Pies midfield!

Even I’m surprised considering I spend a lot of my hours each day lurking this forum
I had a girlfriend once. She lived in Brazil and we used to chat for hours over the forums. Apparently there are no means of having voice or video calls over there but I sent her a lot of money to get some infrastructure set up in her village (Rio?).

I had a girlfriend once. She lived in Brazil and we used to chat for hours over the forums. Apparently there are no means of having voice or video calls over there but I sent her a lot of money to get some infrastructure set up in her village (Rio?).
I had a Brazilian once.

Embarrassed Never Again GIF by CBS

If a mid isn't fast and can't run all day, we shouldn't be looking at them.

Never a truer 16 words written. It is still one of the most simple games played.

I was chatting just earlier today, and the Hawfs came up in conversation about their run, hate 'em but I admire them immensely.

This may come as shock to most but the injury to Goater has hurt us, as I'm of the belief that internally we thought he'd come on the journey with the other youngsters and blossom in 2024. I have no doubt he will be fine and won't suffer due to his snapped achilles, I did mine and I don't give it a moments thought.
The Goat averages 205 metres gained over his short career.

The Bullies have dropped a couple of senior types in McRae and Daniel. And why, cause they're slow. If you can't cover ground you're dead in the water at AFL level.

Never a truer 16 words written. It is still one of the most simple games played.

I was chatting just earlier today, and the Hawfs came up in conversation about their run, hate 'em but I admire them immensely.

This may come as shock to most but the injury to Goater has hurt us, as I'm of the belief that internally we thought he'd come on the journey with the other youngsters and blossom in 2024. I have no doubt he will be fine and won't suffer due to his snapped achilles, I did mine and I don't give it a moments thought.
The Goat averages 205 metres gained over his short career.

The Bullies have dropped a couple of senior types in McRae and Daniel. And why, cause they're slow. If you can't cover ground you're dead in the water at AFL level.
Josh Goater's injury was a double blow. Not only did it rob us of his run & carry but it opened the door for Luke McDonald to replace him. When a player gets injured you can usually cover them with a similar type, albeit not quite the same quality, but we actually went backwards replacing Josh with Luke.

Last edited:
In what way?

Viney (despite the obvious link with Todd) screams a data based recruitment target.

I think Clarko and the club are fully aware we are the worst club in the AFL at defending scores from transition through the middle of the ground as well as defending clearance when won by the opposition. A big weakness is our defensive work in the middle, so have gone about identifying a target.

Viney along with Rowbottom and Rowell are pretty much the 3 best pressure/defensive midfielders in the comp this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that Viney is a top 3 player in a category that is arguably North's largest team weakness (other than converting clearance to scores) according to CD.

I'd be wary of why Parker has found himself out of the Sydney side also. His 5 games this season have been really underwhelming.

In relation to his versatility, Viney has kicked more goals than Parker did in a full season in 2023. Yes Parker can play as a marking medium forward, but is that what we are recruiting him for? We have Durrsma, Curtis, Ford, Zurhaar all needing minutes in that role.

Additionally, Viney is 2 years younger than Parker. We may get 80-100 games out of Viney, even at 30.

Parker was the better player imo, but I think Viney has been specifically targeted for our midfield groups weakness' and has a lot left in the tank and is coming off a really strong year in terms of defensive numbers. Parker might play 20-30 games for the club imo.

A 22 disposal, 4+ clearance, 6+ tackle, 0.5 goal per game, 25+ pressure rated midfielder would fit in seamlessly with what we need. You are getting a really top quality version of what Clarko is trying to get of Shiels at the moment.

Both are former AFL captains with plenty of leadership credentials, you certainly aren't losing going from Paker to Viney in that respect.
Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back