List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By no means suggesting Ben Hobbs is “Worth a look” as I have no idea whatsoever what he’s like, anyone care to enlighten me?
IMG_0821.jpeg

I'm surprised so many posters aren't familiar with the story. The coach had cracked and was barely seen let alone heard from, and Brady (Mr Sociable) ran a series of infamously brutal and short exit interviews that had several players calling up in the weeks after to just get any sort of feedback whatsoever.

I always liked him. Reckon he was stiff to be cut
Totally agree, definitely showed something and at the time I felt like he should’ve been part of the future.

Honestly this boils my blood. Have always felt sorry for this bloke but never been able to put my finger on it, til I read this and it seems he wasn't treated well at all.
Me too I thought he showed some promise, I remember being disappointed when we delisted him. We were such a basket case back then couldn’t even treat an outgoing player with some human decency.

How and Why?
Check In G Eazy GIF by Audacy

I'm surprised so many posters aren't familiar with the story. The coach had cracked and was barely seen let alone heard from, and Brady (Mr Sociable) ran a series of infamously brutal and short exit interviews that had several players calling up in the weeks after to just get any sort of feedback whatsoever.
I think most are aware Brady handled that very poorly, but I wasn't aware that not one of our coaches or assistant coaches were reaching out to kids who were surprisingly dropped throughout the course of that season and giving them any sort of feedback. What was our development coach doing?

Question is ...Would he be interested in coming back playing under Clarko. Being a mate of LDU helps but Brady would still be there. How they approached his delisting was not the right way of doing it but Shaw is no longer there and its 4 years down the track...
Would depend on whether there is any resentment towards the club, you’d have to think there’s still some bitterness towards us. However if it meant another shot at an AFL career then I’m sure he’d be able to put that aside. FWIW I’d love to have him back.

Question is ...Would he be interested in coming back playing under Clarko. Being a mate of LDU helps but Brady would still be there. How they approached his delisting was not the right way of doing it but Shaw is no longer there and its 4 years down the track...
1% chance of anyone returning to a previous employer who kicked them to the curb harder than a Byron Pickett shirt-front..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back