List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Tommy Murphy get some love.
Yeah I enjoyed that too, was a bit surprised we let him go, I read somewhere recently (probably on here) that we didn't manage his departure that well which was disappointing hear but not surprising given we were completely rudderless at the time.

Yeah I enjoyed that too, was a bit surprised we let him go, I read somewhere recently (probably on here) that we didn't manage his departure that well which was disappointing hear but not surprising given we were completely rudderless at the time.

I think code sports ran about eight articles on him.

Never a truer 16 words written. It is still one of the most simple games played.

I was chatting just earlier today, and the Hawfs came up in conversation about their run, hate 'em but I admire them immensely.

This may come as shock to most but the injury to Goater has hurt us, as I'm of the belief that internally we thought he'd come on the journey with the other youngsters and blossom in 2024. I have no doubt he will be fine and won't suffer due to his snapped achilles, I did mine and I don't give it a moments thought.
The Goat averages 205 metres gained over his short career.

The Bullies have dropped a couple of senior types in McRae and Daniel. And why, cause they're slow. If you can't cover ground you're dead in the water at AFL level.
Arjen summed it up well years ago - hard, fast or skillful.

I'd add a qualifier for 2024 version football - "powerful and hard", fast or skillful.

Simply being tough and hard isn't going to cut it as a single attribute in the AFL. You've got to apply that toughness quickly and with some drive behind it (ie power) to be of any use.

Simply being Jack Ziebell tough without some Wardlaw "burst" isn't enough anymore if that's your strong suit.

Never a truer 16 words written. It is still one of the most simple games played.

I was chatting just earlier today, and the Hawfs came up in conversation about their run, hate 'em but I admire them immensely.

This may come as shock to most but the injury to Goater has hurt us, as I'm of the belief that internally we thought he'd come on the journey with the other youngsters and blossom in 2024. I have no doubt he will be fine and won't suffer due to his snapped achilles, I did mine and I don't give it a moments thought.
The Goat averages 205 metres gained over his short career.

The Bullies have dropped a couple of senior types in McRae and Daniel. And why, cause they're slow. If you can't cover ground you're dead in the water at AFL level.
Just on Hawthorn, remember when there was the whole "can't kick, can't play" attitude under Clarkson, Wright & Co?

Can only assume Big Al got to north and realised if he applies that philosophy he'll be left with about 3 players, one of whom he hadn't even drafted yet.

We need to be throwing some cash at Joe Richards
Would love to have him on the team. Tho it would be interesting how we would play him HF-MidField. One of Collingwood’s best youngsters this season, i’d take him over sullivan as well.

Would love to have him on the team. Tho it would be interesting how we would play him HF-MidField. One of Collingwood’s best youngsters this season, i’d take him over sullivan as well.
He'd fix our small forward issues

I wouldn’t be trading any first rounds for him so that’s why I’m not phased by this.
But what does it mean by
‘While injury takes toll’?
Every time he has side effects to treatment or rehab, is he threatening to leave Melbourne or something?

He could sue for unsafe workplace they forced him to go on the field for 12 minutes after that severe injury.

Of course this is not reported in the news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, i read somewhere that parker is now 'considering' a move elsewhere due to getting squeezed out of the team.

I think some of this talk regarding us being able to fleece teams of multiple picks is a bit of copium on our fans behalf.

Just like pretty much every other supporter bases draft threads going "oh North will take Trainor at 2 leaving us with XXX" is the same.

The servers will explode if we take FOS or Draper on draft night.

Finn is starting to be more and more likely to be no.1 with his supreme mobility.

Smilie is still the best as his size makes him unique player to go with his moniker of The Beast from the East.

How can a bid fall over? Are clubs allowed to trade for players in season now?
It is understood Houston has had second thoughts about making the move to the Demons despite Melbourne’s strong interest in the All-Australian playmaker.

But the club will be forced to look elsewhere as it is aware Houston is considering other options.

The off-field issues at Melbourne mean Houston is considering other clubs in Victoria to continue his AFL career, but in any case a deal could be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back