List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think most are aware Brady handled that very poorly, but I wasn't aware that not one of our coaches or assistant coaches were reaching out to kids who were surprisingly dropped throughout the course of that season and giving them any sort of feedback. What was our development coach doing?
Shit rolls downhill. Rawlings was new to the GM role and isn't a people person. Shaw was unwell and part of that involved him thinking he was being white anted. Those were our two most senior leaders. I think the only other coaches up there were Jade Rawlings (gone right afterwards), Heath Scotland (gone right afterwards) and Gav Brown.

Merrett, parish, Durham, Caldwell their main 4 mids

Then there’s shiel, Hobbs, Tsatas, perkins

Plus stringer rolls through there for centre bounces

Setterfield as depth also

3 genuine mids.
Durham been good this year, but don’t thinks he ends up being a starting mid.
Shiel done, Tsatas can’t get a game and can’t kick, Perkins needs to harden up, that’s why he plays VFL.
Stringer only good for really short bursts these days.

I guess that qualifies as a logjam.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised so many posters aren't familiar with the story. The coach had cracked and was barely seen let alone heard from, and Brady (Mr Sociable) ran a series of infamously brutal and short exit interviews that had several players calling up in the weeks after to just get any sort of feedback whatsoever.
Yep , fu**ing ordinary from the club .

3 genuine mids.
Durham been good this year, but thinks he ends up not being a starting mid.
Shiel done, Tsatas can’t get a game and can’t kick, Perkins needs to harden up.
Stringer only good for really short bursts these days.

I guess that qualifies as a logjam.
caldwell is fantastic too

By no means suggesting Ben Hobbs is “Worth a look” as I have no idea whatsoever what he’s like, anyone care to enlighten me?
View attachment 2079470
Pure inside mid, no real outside game and no second position. Was a strange draft choice given they already traded a far bit to get Caldwell from GWS the year before. Suppose Durham has taken his spot, and he is not likely to get a game ahead of Tsatas in the future. They would probably trade him for a mid 2nd rounder to a team that is light for onballers.

I think most are aware Brady handled that very poorly, but I wasn't aware that not one of our coaches or assistant coaches were reaching out to kids who were surprisingly dropped throughout the course of that season and giving them any sort of feedback. What was our development coach doing?
Most of the assistant coaches also got sacked that week. What a shambles.

I'm surprised so many posters aren't familiar with the story. The coach had cracked and was barely seen let alone heard from, and Brady (Mr Sociable) ran a series of infamously brutal and short exit interviews that had several players calling up in the weeks after to just get any sort of feedback whatsoever.
The part that gets me is if you picked a person at random on here and plonked them into Brady's role in that situation, they'd have probably found a way to do things more tactfully. Genuinely insane for a professional sporting organisation to conduct itself like that, even if the coach had already succumbed to his mental problems.

Even thinking about 2020 and 2022 creates a red haze of something primally bad in my mind. A festering wall of malice, misfortune, miscommunication. and incompetence. I'm not sure a club has had a year like either of them in the last twenty years. Melbourne with Neeld maybe. Even Essendon knew that their guys would be back and that they'd get a number 1 pick out of it

Would depend on whether there is any resentment towards the club, you’d have to think there’s still some bitterness towards us. However if it meant another shot at an AFL career then I’m sure he’d be able to put that aside. FWIW I’d love to have him back.
I was disappointed we didn't keep him, but no other club picked him up and he was even rumored to a mid season pick up this year and passed over again. A little part of me hoped we'd get him back this year.
Anyway, not being picked up shows where other clubs rating him over the last 3-4 years so i wont be too harsh on his delisting. The manner in which it was done, which i have no idea about is another matter. Hopefully he knows the fans aren't the club officials in charge at the time and the love is still there from us. Hope he makes it, even if with some other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back