List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viney was very good today although it should come with an asterisk because GC midfield basically gave up in the last quarter.

He would be fantastic for leadership standards. Ultra professional off the field too.

He hasn’t quite got the resume of Barry Davis, but I could see a similar impact.

I’d definitely be taking Wright for the right deal.

in fact if it’s a remote possibility, we need to prioritise it.

Teakle has been more than serviceable but 2MP is on a completely other level. He’s an aerial threat, a great kick for goal and can chop out in the ruck.

Wright will be this years Chol/Hogan style pickup, he’s proven himself easily good enough.

He’s averaged just under 2 goals a game at Essendon. Which is a 50 goal per season forward across 3 seasons of sample size.

He’s absolutely perfect for what we need, I’d never thought he’d be available tbh. He has some limitations, but pretty much all his strengths are what we are lacking as a forward partner for Larkey.

At 27, he’s pretty much the ideal age also, he’s only 2 years older than Larkey

Larkey and Wright would be a really dangerous duo imo.
Agree with all of this and was disappointed we weren't in the race to get him when he left GCS. I do wonder how hard we'd push for him though with Logue to come back, W Dawson to move into a defensive role, and Clarko's plans for Chom to move back into the forward line. 3x200cm forwards won't work, and if you were 2MP, you might explore an option like the Pies which would guarantee you get a gig.

Jack Viney to North, which gives Todd an excuse to leave, and then Clarko heads off to the plum West Coast job, and we welcome back Simmo.

I made all that up. Can I call myself a journalist?

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with all of this and was disappointed we weren't in the race to get him when he left GCS. I do wonder how hard we'd push for him though with Logue to come back, W Dawson to move into a defensive role, and Clarko's plans for Chom to move back into the forward line. 3x200cm forwards won't work, and if you were 2MP, you might explore an option like the Pies which would guarantee you get a gig.
Think we were and he told us he wasn’t interested in coming to us

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to give up some decent draft capital up and bring in some proper leadership if it's available. No point having young talent if all the know is losing. Even taking into account Tassie coming in.

Not just MacRae, we need them all. Offer them short term over-pays.

MacRae
Viney
Parker
Tex Walker
Haynes

Then big offers for the likes of Houston and Petracca. Not expecting them, but put it out there and hope.

We need to take the leadership responsibility off Sheezel, Wardlaw and McKercher.

That performance today will turn away any talent we are trying to lure to the club. Unless like Clarko they want the ultimate challenge this late in their careers.

I would have taken a 60 point loss today as Doggies are finals bound and Bevo has them humming at the right time. At many times it looked like a training drill as the Dogs just ran rings around us and made us look like rank amateurs.

Gee we missed Sheezel and Chom down back when he was subbed out. Would be in our top 3 worst performances of the year. Felt like the rubbish we were serving up pre-Bye. I fear the Hawks will do one almighty number on us next week to put us out of misery for 2024. May the Draft and Trade Gods be kind to us in the coming months. We need a few miracles, rabbits out of a hat and walk the other side of the street away from the ladder and broken mirror.

No campaigner wants to play for the worst club of the last five years
Jim Carrey Movie GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back