List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy but I don't think Small Forward is what we're missing. I think Paul Curtis can fill that role nicely.

But for us tog et our best out of Paul Curtis, we need a genuine contested marking threat in the F50. And I don't necessarily mean a big #1 KPF. Probably more of a medium-tall for a bit of difference with Larkey.

Can we play Duursma, Zurhaar, Ford and Curtis in the same team? I'm not sure we can, particularly once we find a small forward.

It is a bit ruthless but I'd be letting Cam go.
I think they can if they can bring enough pressure. Zane replaces Pink when he's ready.
I suspect one of Ford or Duursma needs to be more up on the wing so only three are in the forward line at the same time, but we also don't know what it looks like with Teakle there now. We need to get a look at it first to see if it works.
At some point I'd like to see how Curtis and RHJ paired with two out of Ford/Duursma/Zurhaar goes as well.

Call me crazy but I don't think Small Forward is what we're missing. I think Paul Curtis can fill that role nicely.

But for us tog et our best out of Paul Curtis, we need a genuine contested marking threat in the F50. And I don't necessarily mean a big #1 KPF. Probably more of a medium-tall for a bit of difference with Larkey.
We do need a lightning quick pressure forward, it shows up against teams like GC who can bounce easily off half back against us. Most teams have a couple of them who can close space quickly and lock the ball inside F50.
We've improved our pressure but its still one thing we kinda struggle with imo.

As for a key forward, one of Faull/Shanahan/Gerreyn/Sims would do very nicely at the draft but for now Teakle is doing ok.

We do need a lightning quick pressure forward, it shows up against teams like GC who can bounce easily off half back against us. Most teams have a couple of them who can close space quickly and lock the ball inside F50.
We've improved our pressure but its still one thing we kinda struggle with imo.

As for a key forward, one of Faull/Shanahan/Gerreyn/Sims would do very nicely at the draft but for now Teakle is doing ok.
Yeah agree with everything and especially getting a couple small forwards.
You’d think ppl would cotton onto when this same small destroy us

You’re crazy..

Curtis and Kako for the next 10 years would be incredible viewing..

Last edited:
**** him. Had his chance to come to us when we traded out of the 2019 first round.
How about dangling pick 2/3 under Richmond's nose for Shai Bolton then?
Is he what we need? (position & age wise)
I'm sure they'd ask for something in addition but it would be tempting for them in a rebuild to potentially have pick 1 & 2.

How about dangling pick 2/3 under Richmond's nose for Shai Bolton then?
Is he what we need? (position & age wise)
I'm sure they'd ask for something in addition but it would be tempting for them in a rebuild to potentially have pick 1 & 2.
Never trade with tiggers again after ccj and biggie debacles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially bad considering Hawthorn already knew his issues and were happy to offload him without disclosing anything. Poor form if you ask me.
More than poor.
I recall Jeff Kennett (beyond Blue and all that) whingeing about how North didn't support Hay in his mental health battle. We didn't hear from Jeffrey again after James Brayshaw tore into him, pointing out that the first step in managing mental health is transparency and honesty in dealing with the problem - as you say, Kennett's Hawthorn were fully aware of the heavy medications Hay was on, and conveniently said nothing while the trade was underway.

Poor due diligence on our part of course, but Kennett didn't have anything further to say after Brayshaw's serve

We should continue trading with frementle, plenty of good players from them:

peter bell, spider burton, jess sinclair, griffen logue

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back