List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the bye, all the media talk was that we needed a mature midfield body, such as Parker or Wines, to bolster our midfield and begin to become competitive again.

Post bye - do we still feel that we need a mature body, or do we feel that our young midfielders have now come of age?
We should be asking the question on Will Brodie. Isn't getting a game at Freo and put up incredible numbers in 2022 with only 69% tog. Would be excellent in the rotation and good insurance.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Before the bye, all the media talk was that we needed a mature midfield body, such as Parker or Wines, to bolster our midfield and begin to become competitive again.

Post bye - do we still feel that we need a mature body, or do we feel that our young midfielders have now come of age?

I'd still love to get Parker to the Roos on a three year contract. He'd be a great mentor to Wardlaw and a great support to the young men when we're playing against bigger bodies in the middle.

Watched a great win today by the 2nds with just under a goal in it at the end. A very even spread of goals and the class of Duursma and RHJ around the goals stood out. Very encouraging to see the back line with the likes of Logue, Hardeman and Fisher using the ball well.

From today’s game I counted 11 players out there who have played a game this year in the 1’s.

Phillips, Drury, Hardeman, Dawson, Biggy, Sellers, Greenwood, Duursma, Fisher, Sleevo and Lazzaro. Throw in Logue and that’s 12 when he inevitably comes in.

Good depth to pick from in future weeks and when the EOY list management team earn their pay cheques.

Riley Garcia was a very late inclusion to the Bulldogs team today and Bevo didn't even bother to bring him on.

He got dropped a few weeks back after a 23 disposal game against the Lions!

His last 4 (non sub affected games) were 19 - 18 - 21 - 23 disposals... And he was basically playing as a half-forward.

Pretty sure he is out of contract at the end of this season. Fills a need and is worth a shot, unless there's something I'm missing - other than he may be a small mid rather than a small forward.

Riley Garcia was a very late inclusion to the Bulldogs team today and Bevo didn't even bother to bring him on.

He got dropped a few weeks back after a 23 disposal game against the Lions!

His last 4 (non sub affected games) were 19 - 18 - 21 - 23 disposals... And he was basically playing as a half-forward.

Pretty sure he is out of contract at the end of this season. Fills a need and is worth a shot, unless there's something I'm missing - other than he may be a small mid rather than a small forward.
I heard that he was doing a tour of the Geelong premises a few weeks back, and it got back to Bevo who immediately placed him in the 2nds for a number of weeks. Seems strange to not play a sub in a game of footy these days.

I'd still love to get Parker to the Roos on a three year contract. He'd be a great mentor to Wardlaw and a great support to the young men when we're playing against bigger bodies in the middle.
Look how tight our lists spots are. To do that comes at the expense of someone like Phillips or Ford.

And then means less mid minutes for the mids we currently have. We dont need stop gaps any more, their bodies should be well up to the task next season. We just need them to get better and more consistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield depth isn’t as good as they say.

Despite the genuine players we’ve got Jy, Will, Lazzaro.

We really can’t afford to not keep adding
The depth of talent is good. And might be incredible after this draft.

But they are all young, so you're gonna have inconsistent performance. Especially playing away against great sides.

The depth of talent is good. And might be incredible after this draft.

But they are all young, so you're gonna have inconsistent performance. Especially playing away against great sides.
No I meant you can pencil
Ldu, Sheezel, Powell and Wardlaw.

But the other names I mentioned, I reckon it shows we do need to keep adding, especially different dimensions to the midfield like speed/power.

So who should we draft this year with our first pick?
After yesterday. On the proviso that it was a ‘bad day’ we need mids who add something different when things aren’t going their way.

I was saying to a mate, that’s the game TT would have been so handy 🤦‍♂️ in saying that, could it have hurt to put Curtis back in there? Maybe give McKercher a shot when Fisher is back?

Sheezel, Powell and Jy are too flat footed when things aren’t clicking.

If we had no.1, a player like Smille would be great to at least slow the opp down with some body work, actually hold a tackle (looking at jy here) and can hurt by putting boot to ball out of the centre.

Then I’d go Finn for his speed and skills and then Lalor for the power and impact he brings.

We should be throwing a contract at Garcia from the dogs.
He'll be an instant upgrade to our forward line, and its too good to be playing vfl.

I love declarative posts about Peter Bell. It's easy to pick who's just making suite up or assuming things as occasionally us commoners get a taste of inner scrote.
It's my only inside mail from almost 24 years ago. Happy to give you some tips on how to network.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's my only inside mail from almost 24 years ago. Happy to give you some tips on how to network.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha same here.

Great eh. The one opportunity and we double up on the same ITK dip.

Reminds me of the win over the crows in 2017 where every player on the list decided to pull all their best football for the next 5 years into the one fairly meaningless game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back