List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Always look back at that weird run of events.

Losing Bell = bad

Getting 6, 8, 37 and steak knives (Sinclair) for Bell = pretty good

Denis trading 37 for Olarenshaw = self inflicted cockpunch

5 years later net return for Bell being Sinclair and nothing else = pretty shit

And I liked Sinclair.
I saw Sinclair do a Shoeie, long before Danny Ric earnt notoriety from it......must be a Western Australian thing!

If there was a WA kid at the top of the order then Freo would be keen to trade up.
There isn’t, so they won’t pay a price that is attractive enough to us.
Yeah I can't see them moving up the order. I could see them just sitting and taking the three kids.
We'd be doing exactly the same thing if we're honest.
Only thing that might tempt them is a Chad Warner trade but seems unlikely. Curtin chase?
They might just move the latest 1st for a late F1 if anything.

Yeah I can't see them moving up the order. I could see them just sitting and taking the three kids.
We'd be doing exactly the same thing if we're honest.
Only thing that might tempt them is a Chad Warner trade but seems unlikely. Curtin chase?
They might just move the latest 1st for a late F1 if anything.
They planned to use them for Logan McDonald, I thought.

Perfect opportunity to stockpile a bunch of good kids at the same time they go deep into finals.

AFL buzz: Dons hope rule change lands them NGA gun, Battle latest​

Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane

Essendon is desperately hoping the AFL changes the academy rules to provide it access to the draft’s best small forward Isaac Kako after his barnstorming under-18 championships tagged him as a likely top-10 pick.

Kako’s parents were both born in Iraq, but came to Australia 25 years ago. The AFL is not aware of another Iraqi-born player in its ranks, with the Calder Cannons’ livewire forward part of Essendon’s academy program for the last five years.

The league is pondering whether to allow Victorian clubs the chance to bid on their academy prospects early in the draft, rather than only if they fall past the top-40 selections. But rival clubs wonder if the Dons might simply use their first-round selection on Kako anyway if the current rules remain, given their need for an elite small forward.
Some recruiters believe Kako will end up a better player than Hawthorn’s Nick Watson, taken at No.5 by the Hawks in 2023.

Kako is an explosive matchwinning forward who kicked eight goals across four U18 championship games, averaging eight score involvements.

The Dons might end up having to get up the draft order if they are interested in drafting him, having done so to secure key forward Nate Caddy last year.

The Essendon fan who idolises Shai Bolton is also great mates with Caddy, attending school together at Parade College and winning a Herald Sun Shield as teammates. He was the first to congratulate Caddy on draft night last year when he was selected with the Bombers’ No.10 pick.

The AFL is keen to incentivise non-traditional pathways and could make changes to allow Victorian clubs to draft academy talent within the first 20 picks.

The league changed the rules after academy player Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was taken with the No.1 overall pick by the Western Bulldogs, but Andrew Dillon said last year: “The NGAs are an important pillar because we want a game that represents our entire country. In terms of the NGAs, I think we overcorrected and the formula lies somewhere in between.”

Kako told the Herald Sun earlier this year of his heritage: “Both my parents were born in Iraq. Probably came here about 25 years ago. I was born here. Obviously (my parents) didn’t know much about footy, but my older brother started playing when he was 16. I went to all his games when I was younger and bloody loved it.”

Calder Cannons coach Sam Willatt said the Dons had worked hard with Kako in recent years to help improve his football, as had the Coates League club.

“He is just a joy to coach – and a joy to watch,” Willatt said. “His ability to create a goal and his evasiveness across the nationals, I have never seen anything like it. He is a terrific aerial player as well. He has really appreciated his time at Essendon and the effort they have put in with the academy and really values the relationships he has made there.”

HAWKS WINNING FREE AGENCY BATTLE
Hawthorn is increasingly confident Josh Battle wants to join the Hawks to become part of their premiership charge after an extremely promising meeting with coach Sam Mitchell.
St Kilda and Hawthorn will both offer the free agent six-year deals. But while Battle has said he will postpone talks until the end of the year, the Hawks emerged from their meeting believing he had given them an indication he was keen to move clubs.
Their sell is multifaceted – the new Dingley headquarters set to be ready next year; the flag window beckoning; and the happy team environment. Mitchell continues to woo potential recruits with his impressive pitch and it seems a winning combination.
So while things can change – St Kilda can up its offer or Battle can get cold feet – the Hawks will be brimming with confidence as the free agency period nears.
The improved form of the club has helped them sign-up Josh Weddle, Jack Scrimshaw and free agent Blake Hardwick.
The club is also in talks with Conor Nash and is confident once Changkuoth Jiath builds up some form he will enter contract talks for a new deal.

GIANT KEEN TO STAY
Free agent Harry Perryman is keen to remain at Greater Western Sydney, but would have to sacrifice around $150,000 a season if he rebuffs Adelaide’s huge six-year deal.
It is understood the Giants offer of around $650,000-$700,000 a season for the classy half back is their final offer – given their top-heavy list – with commitments to players like Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene and Sam Taylor.
Adelaide is prepared to offer $850,000-a-season on a six-year deal for Perryman, while Hawthorn is also keen – but the Hawks’ offer is believed to be closer to the GWS deal.
Perryman is in the leadership group, loves the club and his partner Jamie-Lee Price plays Super Netball for the Giants. But he would have the chance to play midfield at Adelaide and would secure an extra $1m over the life of the deal.
It is a difficult decision for Perryman, with the Giants unable to lift their offer given their salary obligations, while emerging midfielder Finn Callaghan comes out of contract next year.
Gold Coast is a suitor for Giants free agent Isaac Cumming, but GWS is hopeful he might decide to stay after working his way back from injuries. Cumming has played the last three games on the wing, kicking three goals and averaging four score assists.

ROO RE-SIGNING SPREE CONTINUES
Eddie Ford has become the seventh North Melbourne player this season to re-sign with the club, locking in a one-year extension until the end of 2025.
He has joined Harry Sheezel, Charlie Comben, Tristan Xerri, Tom Powell, Brayden George and Kallan Dawson in recommitting to the club.
Ford, 22, has kicked 14 goals from his 14 games this season, including three against Geelong in round 5.
North Melbourne head of talent Brady Rawlings said: “Since establishing himself as a regular member of our senior line-up, Eddie has brought plenty of energy to our front half and shown his ability to play a few different roles and impact the scoreboard.”

Meanwhile, Essendon rookie ruckman Vigo Visentini has also locked in a one-year deal to stay at the Hangar next year. Visentini, 18, is seen as a ruck project of the future.
“I’ve learnt so much from several guys like ‘Goldy’ (Todd Goldstein), ‘Drapes’ (Sam Draper) and ‘Bryza’ (Nick Bryan), but everyone has assisted at different stages,” Visentini said.
“It’s a super exciting time to be a Bomber and it’s fantastic to be able to continue to build capability at a great club.”

Remember, draft stockpiling is the name of the game the closer we get to 2028, bank in as many picks we can and we will probably get a flurry of offers in 2027 and 28 where we might be able to cherry pick very decent players that can complement the existing core list of players.

Bulldogs get gifted JUH pick 1 . They then change the rules a year later and we miss out on sanders . They are dead set taking the piss if they allow * access to Kako. This cannot be legit
I assume sanders is given to us for free if this were to happen…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume sanders is given to us for free if this were to happen…
It would be a little less frustrating if the rule was changed after 10 years . Not have it removed after the dogs use pick 1 on a player , we miss a top 5 academy selection 2 years later then they bring it back in the following year . That’s just completely absurd. The afl are a f*king joke of an organisation

The afl are a f*king joke of an organisation
game of thrones agree GIF

I used to watch every game religiously, then they brought in their franchise teams. I lonly watch north games these days. Not even grand finals . Everything the afl do is manipulated and corrupt . They literally changed this rule 3 years ago . We missed an academy player , then they bring it back a year later wtf 🤦‍♂️

It would be a little less frustrating if the rule was changed after 10 years . Not have it removed after the dogs use pick 1 on a player , we miss a top 5 academy selection 2 years later then they bring it back in the following year . That’s just completely absurd. The afl are a f*king joke of an organisation

Because big clubs at the bottom complained

Let’s be realistic the AFL held off on making the decision until this year. No way last year they would allow us to finish with pick 2, pick 3 compo, assistance picks AND NGA access to match a bid on Sanders the rest of the competition would have taken their bitching and moaning to a whole other level.

Let’s be realistic the AFL held off on making the decision until this year. No way last year they would allow us to finish with pick 2, pick 3 compo, assistance picks AND NGA access to match a bid on Sanders the rest of the competition would have taken their bitching and moaning to a whole other level.
Nah **** that. All they had to do was bring nga access back and not give us the assistance picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back