List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Owies doesn't have a contract yet, is it worth offering him a four year deal on reasonable coin?
He'd have the most punchable head at the club since Lance Piccone. If he could snag a goal or 2 a game I'd get over it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not much in it really from an age demographic but they've put in more games to the 21-25yo players, even if l went 1 mth back when Larkey and Zurhaar were 25yr 11mths, the 24-25 av rose to 56.6 games.

However, correct the quality of their 29+ players vs ours is laughable - 4 x AA/AA40/Prem vs 1 x Prem (who came from Haw).

North Melbourne
Average Age: 23.22 (18th)
Average Games: 54.2 games (18th)
29+ yo Av Games: 189.2 (4 players)
26-28yo Av Games: 119.3 (6 players)
24-25yo Av Games: 46.3 (11 players)*
21-23yo Av Games: 29.5 (12 players)
18-20yo Av Games: 8.5 (12 players)
*TT numbers taken out
Hawthorn
Average Age: 23.28 (17th)
Average Games: 66.1 games (16th)
29+ yo Av Games: 213.5 games (6 players)
26-28yo Av Games: 112.5 games (4 players)
24-25yo Av Games: 74.3 games (9 players)
21-23yo Av Games: 34 (13 players)
18-20yo Av Games: 10.2 (13 players)

If you are to be critical, I think we've failed to reach any expectation in terms of this rebuild this year, sure there have been critical factors like the Clarko's distraction but to compare a Hawks 3rd year build vs a Norths 5th year ground zero rebuild to date is a bit harsh if not a unfair comparison.
Hawks, since we started our build, have finished with wins of 5,7,8,7 and currently 10 wins whilst we've struggled with 3,4,2,3 and currently on 2 wins.

Who are their 26+ yo old players vs ours? That might be where the answer lies.

Big no on Owies. I'm not sure he's the best human going around.

The one we should be targeting is his running mate. The one who has deep connections to North, and who has been out of cartons team all year.

Jesse Motlop.
I'd be happy with that.

Don't know if there's any truth in it, but there was a story, a long time ago, that the Motlop family intensely disliked the club. But that was a long time ago.

The one we should be targeting is his running mate. The one who has deep connections to North, and who has been out of cartons team all year.

Jesse Motlop.
Been injured though, not sure if he even came back via the magoos

Trade and draft wishlist
1 x readymade kpf - Lobb, Tex Walker, Ruccardi, Gruzeski
1 x developing kpf - Whitlock, Gerryn, Sims, Armstrong
1 x experienced contested mid - Parker, Boak to replace Greenwood/Shiels
1 x developing high level talent that has flexibility to play multiple roles Trainor or O Sullivan
1 x ready made or developing small forward

Can't we just get the best small forward from the state leagues?
Feels like getting a ready made body instead of a 18yr old kid that takes development is the right idea for us atm.

Jesse Motlop.
Fact is thay have owies, durdan and motlop, we haven't been able to recruit i quality small fwd since thomas.

My issue with Owies is that he often gets hungry and ignores teammates.

It's also an easy gig for a small forward in that forward line. I don't want to pay him a ton when you can probably draft one just as good with our 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is thay have owies, durdan and motlop, we haven't been able to recruit i quality small fwd since thomas.

Add fantasia and Williams who are both injured but have played that role too this yr

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They had to as they are in the window.

In truth, many of the teams around the 8 probably need to gut the list to do a hard rebuild but no one would do that unless their teams are down the bottom.
No team has to trade their future first just because they are "in the window", it may make the decision to trade it easier but they certainly didn't have to trade it.

Last edited:
My issue with Owies is that he often gets hungry and ignores teammates.

It's also an easy gig for a small forward in that forward line. I don't want to pay him a ton when you can probably draft one just as good with our 2nd rounder.
Talking to a Carlton supporter at the game yesterday, they have a love / hate relationship with Owies can be great for a game or 2 then goes missing for 3 or 4 games. So in other words… he'd fit right in at North.

I think the joke was now Bard will offer stupid money to trigger band 1

Even Scott isn't that stupid, Buckets was different but Scott must have been regretting spending 5m on Buckets post last Friday night with his continuous errant handballs

Last edited:
Even Scott isn't that stupid, Buckets was different but even he must have been regretting that Friday night with his continuous errant handballs

It's the new CBA.

Battle has a $900k offer on the table.

Not bad for the 29th best intercept marking defender in the league, that plays as a loose 3rd tall and is 193cm.

The fact he's a UFA because he's not in the Saints top 25% paid players should also tell you plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back