List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the new CBA.

Battle has a $900k offer on the table.

Not bad for the 29th best intercept marking defender in the league, that plays as a loose 3rd tall and is 193cm.

The fact he's a UFA because he's not in the Saints top 25% paid players should also tell you plenty.

Again that's more due to the lack of supply of talls, the talls tax... which isn't relevant to Bull

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

It's the new CBA.

Battle has a $900k offer on the table.

Not bad for the 29th best intercept marking defender in the league, that plays as a loose 3rd tall and is 193cm.

The fact he's a UFA because he's not in the Saints top 25% paid players should also tell you plenty.
Surly Lobb is having many clubs reevaluate so of these crazy numbers for defenders.

Fact is thay have owies, durdan and motlop, we haven't been able to recruit i quality small fwd since thomas.
The hawks have 5 quality smalls. St Kilda 3-4. Geelong have 3 at least. I could go on.

To be fair, PC is as close to a “small” forward as we have drafted with AFL talent in a while. He just doesn’t have the wheels or fitness to consistently harass the opposition defence.

Watson would get a game with us no doubt and we need to draft a small forward. He has actually diappointed me a little from what i thought he was going to achieve. Truth said though Duurs is still a much better prospect and was always going to be a slower burn. On his side he has played more senior footy then i thought he would in his first year. Will likely play some of the last 5 games aswell.

This draft Berry could be available if we move back and split our pick. Definetly need to find a good small forward. Current stocks are... Curtis (he is a small forward who can mark), RHJ and Dury. Stephenson had been very disappointing this year and moived to half back in the reserves (Looks decent there). Harvey a watch sorta a tweener of Mid forward and small. Prob not enough defensive pressure currently

Watson would get a game with us no doubt and we need to draft a small forward. He has actually diappointed me a little from what i thought he was going to achieve. Truth said though Duurs is still a much better prospect and was always going to be a slower burn. On his side he has played more senior footy then i thought he would in his first year. Will likely play some of the last 5 games aswell.

This draft Berry could be available if we move back and split our pick. Definetly need to find a good small forward. Current stocks are... Curtis (he is a small forward who can mark), RHJ and Dury. Stephenson had been very disappointing this year and moived to half back in the reserves (Looks decent there). Harvey a watch sorta a tweener of Mid forward and small. Prob not enough defensive pressure currently
I think he has done enough to justify the Hawks picking him at 5 Lot of improvement left in him yet I am still happy we drafted Zane but Wizard was still a very good pick for the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see PC as similar to Jamie Elliott in terms of skillset, maybe less of a leaper but a bit bigger and stronger. Collingwood’s game got unlocked with McReery and Hill coming in.

Maybe a preseason or two into Payne and he could become a similar style of harasser to McReery, at least that would be the aim.

We need a Hill, agility and speed, pressure and high flying ability. Hansen Jr seems to laconic at the moment, then again Bobby Hill was a very slow burn, they generally all are, but do we have the time to wait?

Joe Berry would be in the Papley mould, which is similarly important. Burn their direct opponent with speed off the mark and deceptively strong overhead with elite crumbing smarts.

Gee there are big stakes on what Dursma becomes.

Forgetting he will forever be what we ended up getting vs Harley Reid after winning that last game, or we could of taken Nick Watson, if he can come on and be a really good forward for us in the Bailey Fritsch mould it is a huge injection of talent in an area of the ground we need.

On top of the rest of our young talent and another top 3 pick this year. That’s a premiership team.

Reminder of his capabilities

I see PC as similar to Jamie Elliott in terms of skillset, maybe less of a leaper but a bit bigger and stronger. Collingwood’s game got unlocked with McReery and Hill coming in.

Maybe a preseason or two into Payne and he could become a similar style of harasser to McReery, at least that would be the aim.

We need a Hill, agility and speed, pressure and high flying ability. Hansen Jr seems to laconic at the moment, then again Bobby Hill was a very slow burn, they generally all are, but do we have the time to wait?

Joe Berry would be in the Papley mould, which is similarly important. Burn their direct opponent with speed off the mark and deceptively strong overhead with elite crumbing smarts.
Days-Wicks would be another a bit like Papley I reckon.

I think he has done enough to justify the Hawks picking him at 5 Lot of improvement left in him yet I am still happy we drafted Zane but Wizard was still a very good pick for the Hawks.
Agreed. We could have had a knee jerk reation to the last grandfinal with small forwards
Crikey, what's the rush with Duursma. Give it time. Caddy, the Whizzy, someone else will a few kicks next week and it'll be them.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Agree on that. Some of his early games this year aswell people are forgetting. Incredible marking and leap. Great goal sense. Needs to work on engine (which will come with time) and strength.

Gee there are big stakes on what Dursma becomes.

Forgetting he will forever be what we ended up getting vs Harley Reid after winning that last game, or we could of taken Nick Watson, if he can come on and be a really good forward for us in the Bailey Fritsch mould it is a huge injection of talent in an area of the ground we need.

On top of the rest of our young talent and another top 3 pick this year. That’s a premiership team.

Reminder of his capabilities

Greatness of a player is not determined in the first year but in the 10th to 15th year.

I'd keeping tabs on Konstanty if we miss out on Berry or if Hansen, Dury or Harvey doesn't turn out - River Stevens may come in as that small forward as well but he's like the above to me, not top line and only his inner drive will see if he breaks in or not.

I too wanted Watson and saw Duursma as great nice to have and insurance for Zurhaar but we have a lot of MedFwd's. However, once we picked him then he should be the one to come out of him v Ford v Stephenson as the starting HF role in time because he should be as he is clearly more talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back