List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but i see him as a bigger weapon forward. 195cm with a good set shot at long range which we dont have many of.

But for sure could see him at least starting off there and who knows. We probably need to look at much the same for Duursma until we up our i50 count as well as using the corridor more.
Smillie hasn't done anything at underage level to suggest that he will be any good as a forward in the AFL. Too slow to be a lead-up forward, not strong enough overhead to be a contested marking threat. If you want a 195cm forward weapon with a cannon for a leg, then just take Armstrong. Same goes for those suggesting he can play off half-back, we would be much better served just taking Trainor, who is quicker, better overhead, and a better kick.

It simply cannot happen. It would be the intro to the Micallef Programme’s basement of shame sketch and all three of Brady, Will and Todd would be there awkwardly looking at the walls, only the audience’s laughter breaking the painful silence.
Its not going to happen, relax people.

Biggie and Stepho are contracted. Can’t see us paying two out

Yes realise that those on the list were the ones in danger.... biggie won't be on big contract if chose to break... stepho was but I'd be surprised if his wasn't heavily front ended given our cap space and minimal to pay out now if anything similar to Polec

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Need to pick up 2-3 FAs. A lot easier said than done.

Kolodjashnij gettable? Not a fan of him particularly. Instant upgrade on Lmac which isn’t saying much but plays consistently in a winning side.

Would like Sam Day or Taberner to fill in a stopgap at CHF. Whichever ones body is least cooked is the one I’d prioritise. Prefer both over Jack Darling. Don’t need to trade capital and neither are as big a tool as he is.

If we aren’t asking Cumming the question we aren’t doing our due diligence.

It’s a shame Haynes didn’t come over last year. 2 year deal will bring him to 34 which isn’t ideal for us.

Need the system for this to work SB1. We don’t. Chol and Mass would be fractions of what they are in our system.
2024 was a success because we did more than just spend 4 draft picks and get 4 players in.
Have to aggressively boost the changes we have to the team otherwise we're just getting stagnant and not better.
Going solely to the draft isnt going to work for us when we're so far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smillie hasn't done anything at underage level to suggest that he will be any good as a forward in the AFL. Too slow to be a lead-up forward, not strong enough overhead to be a contested marking threat. If you want a 195cm forward weapon with a cannon for a leg, then just take Armstrong. Same goes for those suggesting he can play off half-back, we would be much better served just taking Trainor, who is quicker, better overhead, and a better kick.
Too slow? Soup just gave times that had him fractionally slower than Smith. While that .02 seconds makes a big difference in spread for high speed mids its bloody fast for 195 cm dudes. I believe the arial stuff easy to improve than than kicking and ground ball skills. If hit hits the ground while on a lead he'd have the advantage.

If we could develop him into a center bounce clearance player who moves forward then i see him being a real weapon for us. He'd be more mobile than the traditional taller type, able to wheel around as mids typically do, but also be a strong ground ball option. Team that with Larkey and an improved Elmo or other second ruck type and we're still reasonable mobile. If the second ruck is taking a spell or in the ruck we still have some targets, we're just more mobile in that time.

Down back im comfortable with Chom, Corr and Logue with W.Dawson brewing. Armstrong looks a good prospect but i wouldn't call him particularly strong over head yet either. He does have a good build, broad shoulders and filling out to do, so granted he's less a finished product than Smillie.

Im far from hell bent on getting Smillie, id prefer to lock and load FOS on a wing for 12 years. But also very open to the speed and class of Draper. If its Smith then i think we can make that work as well but as other have said appears less suited to our squad.

^there aren’t many free agents worth getting

Best are battle, cumming, Perryman

Maybe kolodjashnij from cats as you mentioned but bit meh
Kolo is at least a dependable defender and doesn't make unforced errors every game.
I reckon he would be a great get. Jack Henry as well, and he's in a better age bracket for us.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts on picking up Luke Breust if Shiels leaves. Feel like he would be a good fit for 1-2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back