List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holding pick#2 or splitting it is the question. If we split it who do we approach? GC #6 and #11 seems to be the one l would look at. Getting back #6 and #11 would still give us a pick inside the top 10 when its more even this year and maybe offer the Dees #11 for Viney.

out: Pick#2..>>>>>In: Pick#6 and Viney ?

or keep Pick#2 and offer the Dees Pick #22 for Viney

l would like to get Viney but what would we have to give up to get him?

option 1 would be :Dees end up with #8, #11, #38, #43, #49, #64

opyion 2 would be :Dees end up with #8, #22, #38, #43, #49, #64

Last edited:
Holding pick#2 or splitting it is the question. If we split it who do we approach? GC #6 and #11 seems to be the one l would look at. Getting back #6 and #11 would still give us a pick inside the top 10 when its more even this year and maybe offer the Dees #11 for Viney.

Do not give up pick 11 for a 30 year old. WTF.

GC could conceivably get 2 players before a Lombard bid with those picks.

That's the motherload scenario.

I don't think they will be as open to trading up as some think, that's also without considering them going after Rioli and trading some of those picks.

If we have made a play for Viney then it’s clear indication that those in charge of recruitment have no fricken idea. Do we really need another small inside mid? :stern look

Yes. Because we need a defensive minded midfielder and Shiels is done and not up to it and I don't think they really want to run a dedicated tagger or probably want someone better than Phillips.

Viney would be #1 for pressure at North and #1 for tackles from our mids, he also gets it 21 times a game with 4.5 clearances thrown in. He's also kicked as many goals as Simpkin and Powell this year, despite Jy playing a hell of a lot forward.

He has limitations around disposal etc, but his defensive side is what he's being recruited for.

Particularly with Simpkin at the bottom of this list for both pressure and tackles.

Throw in his leadership, training standards etc. It's a no brainer if it's a cheap deal.

He's basically going to play the Rowbottom role in our midfield.

1723595779643.png

Last edited:
Yes. Because we need a defensive minded midfielder and Shiels is done and not up to it and I don't think they really want to run a dedicated tagger or probably want someone better than Phillips.

Viney would be #1 for pressure at North and #1 for tackles from our mids, he also gets it 21 times a game with 4.5 clearances thrown in. He's also kicked as many goals as Simpkin and Powell this year, despite Jy playing a hell of a lot forward.

He has limitations around disposal etc, but his defensive side is what he's being recruited for.

Particularly with Simpkin at the bottom of this list for both pressure and tackles.

Throw in his leadership, training standards etc. It's a no brainer if it's a cheap deal.

View attachment 2078820

The price has to be right, but we def need a Viney type. Would fix a lot of problems bigfooty posters have been complaining about all year.

With the Viney’s stuff I just have one question.

How is it that we have moved on multiple people from board level due to perceived conflict of interest with regard to Father Son selections and yet now we can just seek out the son of the GM of Footy (who would be what his bosses boss?) and not a peep about conflict of interest?
I can't believe that we are really interested in Viney. The last thing we need is a small one-paced mid. Methinks it is more a matter of Todd trying to get his son a pay rise.

or keep Pick#2 and offer the Dees Pick #22 for Viney

option 1 would be :Dees end up with #8, #11, #38, #43, #49, #64

opyion 2 would be :Dees end up with #8, #22, #38, #43, #49, #64
There is no way GC would swap 2 for 6/11. This year's first pick could be any player currently ranked 1-7. That top group is historically weak relative to previous number 1 pick years. Pick1-10gonna be a bit of a lottery.

I agree we should trade out of pick 2 though.

There is no way GC would swap 2 for 6/11. This year's first pick could be any player currently ranked 1-7. That top group is historically weak relative to previous number 1 pick years. Pick1-10gonna be a bit of a lottery.

I agree we should trade out of pick 2 though.
If they want to get In front of lombard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back