List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes against everything I would like to see happen, buts pretty obvious now that Chom will be lining up at centre half forward round 1 next year.

The 3 year offer to Nathan Broad basically confirms this.

We need a pressure forward. Would have loved ot have seen Payne included this week, but i think he will debut in tassie next week.

The question from me here is, do we turn Jy into a deep pressure forward? I genuinely reckon this is a decent option.

He has been sidelined at WB because he isn't fast enough and can't cover the ground anymore. These are among our biggest issues. I don't see how he helps us. But I don't see it with most of these types, pretty much every name mentioned already struggles in transition and we shouldn't be going anywhere near them.

So who are the midfielders in the AFL that don’t struggle in transition?

This goes against everything I would like to see happen, buts pretty obvious now that Chom will be lining up at centre half forward round 1 next year.

The 3 year offer to Nathan Broad basically confirms this.

We need a pressure forward. Would have loved ot have seen Payne included this week, but i think he will debut in tassie next week.

The question from me here is, do we turn Jy into a deep pressure forward? I genuinely reckon this is a decent option.
Not really, I think depth at the backline position is something we've desperately missed regardless.

Joe Richards had a great 2 week stint on field in my Supercoach team.

Bring him over Clarko.

I am slightly concerned since the last young player I wanted at North based on SC was CCJ.

I'll go again.

We dont need him in the middle.

LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Powell, Phillips + Recruits are our inside mids.

We need Colby delivering it inside 50 to Souva. We dont need hack kicks from contested play from him.

In my view, His biggest comparison at AFL level is Zac Merrett, who took an eternity to play inside mid.

Play to his strengths.
Fair enough. I thought you were alluding to he 'could' never play inside.

At some point, he'll move inside. He'll push Jy out.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

“Viney, Wines, Parker, Rampe, Ward” - Clarko in reference to experienced names they are looking at.

Didn’t expect him to name drop them like that.

I definitely reckon there’s legs to the Fyfe rumor after that, reckon he’d be leaving out their #1 or #2 target.

The above might be the guys who have said no, imo.

Make a sound in the east, strike in the west...

So who becomes depth if Chom and Broad are both in the backline?

Logue walks back into the side, and we already have KDawson, Pink and WDawson as depth.
The Dawsons take a vfl spot, broad competing with logue and corr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who becomes depth if Chom and Broad are both in the backline?

Logue walks back into the side, and we already have KDawson, Pink and WDawson as depth.

Broad would have been depth for Lmac and Arch, and probably Corr too. Defin not Logie

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So who are the midfielders in the AFL that don’t struggle in transition?
All those gut runners that tear us to shreds. Butters, Rozee, Brayshaw, Serong, Heeney, Gulden, Warner, Merrett, etc. All the good teams have a couple of these blokes and are leaving the old plodders out. The game gets faster and harder running every year, we won't catch up with Jack Macrae types.

All those gut runners that tear us to shreds. Butters, Rozee, Brayshaw, Serong, Heeney, Gulden, Warner, Merrett, etc. All the good teams have a couple of these blokes and are leaving the old plodders out. The game gets faster and harder running every year, we won't catch up with Jack Macrae types.

I think you're missing the point on why we would want to recruit players like: Macrae, Viney, Parker.
It's not about getting them to play in a premiership, it's about them coming in and helping a young list of players on how to prepare professionally on and off the field, it's about learning from players that undersatnd the game and how to act and react to certain situations in game.
Our leadership has been poor for a long time and going into the next phase kids teaching kids is recipe for disaster. Giving up a couple of list spots to players who've been through it all is exactly what we need.

Surely Todd is just trying to get his son a pay rise. Jack can't play for us if his dad is head of football.
They were at Melbourne together for years, Todd was head of player personnel (or something like that). As long as there are protocols that everyone adheres to, it will be fine.

I think you're missing the point on why we would want to recruit players like: Macrae, Viney, Parker.
It's not about getting them to play in a premiership, it's about them coming in and helping a young list of players on how to prepare professionally on and off the field, it's about learning from players that undersatnd the game and how to act and react to certain situations in game.
Our leadership has been poor for a long time and going into the next phase kids teaching kids is recipe for disaster. Giving up a couple of list spots to players who've been through it all is exactly what we need.
I understand the idea. Shiels has been in this role for us. But like Shiels, all those mentioned will struggle on field and limit our performance. I'm okay if they are playing half back and directing players from there (Hodge style) but most of the guys mentioned are mids who can no longer run hard enough to play their role effectively. They will exacerbate our biggest weakness.

They were at Melbourne together for years, Todd was head of player personnel (or something like that). As long as there are protocols that everyone adheres to, it will be fine.
Apart from the obvious thing about Melbourne's leaders not exactly setting professional standards. When after four rounds into a three-year contract it becomes obvious that Jack is performing worse than Jy did in the role and his career is over ...............

I understand the idea. Shiels has been in this role for us. But like Shiels, all those mentioned will struggle on field and limit our performance. I'm okay if they are playing half back and directing players from there (Hodge style) but most of the guys mentioned are mids who can no longer run hard enough to play their role effectively. They will exacerbate our biggest weakness.

I see our biggest weakness as having NFI how to set up at a stoppage, how to set up to get repeat inside 50’s, how to shutdown a game and take a minute or two off the clock at the end of qtrs, how to push back and help the back 6, how to work for each other and create opportunities for your teammates etc.

Yes, our kids are going to be the ones that take us forward, but we need to educate them the right way and experienced players will help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back