List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that settles that

staying
loves us.

breakfast club fist pump GIF
And it’s only costing $1.5m for 10 years.

I seem to be on my own he but Tyson Stengle do not want.
Fix the midfield Stengle fixes nothing and would just become another struggling small forward at the saints.
We need both. Of course we need good mids but you also can't have enough good forwards. Stengle would cause opposition headaches and can win games off his own boot, could also give us an interesting mosquito fleet with Higgins Butler and potentially Collard.

Our forward line is so meh. We need to add to it.

We need both. Of course we need good mids but you also can't have enough good forwards. Stengle would cause opposition headaches and can win games off his own boot, could also give us an interesting mosquito fleet with Higgins Butler and potentially Collard.

Our forward line is so meh. We need to add to it.
We do but we ain't going to get the AA version of him until our midfield steps up.

Still would be a good get.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

No.

Everyone here wants him to stay and it would only be tolerable if we get band 1.

In saying that, we have had an offer in the 800s p/year since round 2 that we thought would be signed sealed etc by now. That was said to be done the night we beat the pies by the likes of Ralph Twomey etc.

So I’d say right now, every saints person is on the fence just waiting to find out.
Wait what...

Twomey said he was going to sign when we played the pies?

Wait what...

Twomey said he was going to sign when we played the pies?
The gettable around that time had him saying Battle would be staying.

Cleary has this stupid whiteboard he adds names too and said Battle won’t be on it. He is staying. (Changed that this week and added it)

Ralph was running with it as breaking news pre and post match that night.

The gettable around that time had him saying Battle would be staying.

Cleary has this stupid whiteboard he adds names too and said Battle won’t be on it. He is staying. (Changed that this week and added it)

Ralph was running with it as breaking news pre and post match that night.
Wow

Anyway sign Battle up

So for fans such as yourself who are happy to lose Battle to gain an early draft pick, would you be just as happy to have just our original FDP if we also had Battle AND Stengel?

Wouldn’t be a bad outcome even if we couldn’t get our two early pick mids.

So for fans such as yourself who are happy to lose Battle to gain an early draft pick, would you be just as happy to have just our original FDP if we also had Battle AND Stengel?

Wouldn’t be a bad outcome even if we couldn’t get our two early pick mids.
I’ve been clear I would like to keep Battle. I just don’t think Battle is worth the absolute elite type of money to retain and we shouldn’t be increasing our offer dramatically.

I would be happy with the above scenario. But I don’t believe that makes us a contender in 2025 as it doesn’t necessarily solve our midfield issues.

Stengle is a gun though and would improve us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This feels like one of those where in the wrong system and environment, he could flop massively. As soon as he gets the big cheque, he'll drop off
I’m not so much as worried about that as I am about the expectation being he will turn us into a contender from sections of the fanbase. Especially a few clowns on here…

Without 1-2 absolute gun midfielders - we just don’t ever get to the heights we want to climb.

Fair call this. Alternatively, he could reach higher levels at Moorabbin.

Or not.
Thing is, what at St Kilda would supplement the higher levels that Geelong don't have? Generally Geelong are just a better club than us in most ways. Their team is better. I guess their midfield is just as bad as ours atm, hence why Stengle is struggling. The only argument I can think of is the Indigenous aspect with all the rest of the boys and Auntie Katrina

Thing is, what at St Kilda would supplement the higher levels that Geelong don't have? Generally Geelong are just a better club than us in most ways. Their team is better. I guess their midfield is just as bad as ours atm, hence why Stengle is struggling. The only argument I can think of is the Indigenous aspect with all the rest of the boys and Auntie Katrina
Big big $$$$ but the system the club has for first nations players at our club is absolutely first class

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but do we know why Toce got 'moved on'? Sure Dalrymple is highly rated but Toce was doing great things and he is credited for finding Wilkie, Nas etc. Was there a bust up at the draft or something?

I'm not convinced that Stengle is worth more than Battle. We grabbed Collard with a high pick, we have Higgins, then Hotton/Hall who aren't exactly a bust yet. Butler has his struggles this year, but isn't the worst. Henry is also a high quality player in that role. I'd also keep an eye on Taj Hotton with a late first.

Wanting Stengle screams to me of taking the fugly girl home at 3am because the other 'mid' girls chose someone else.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but do we know why Toce got 'moved on'? Sure Dalrymple is highly rated but Toce was doing great things and he is credited for finding Wilkie, Nas etc. Was there a bust up at the draft or something?

I'm not convinced that Stengle is worth more than Battle. We grabbed Collard with a high pick, we have Higgins, then Hotton/Hall who aren't exactly a bust yet. Butler has his struggles this year, but isn't the worst. Henry is also a high quality player in that role. I'd also keep an eye on Taj Hotton with a late first.

Wanting Stengle screams to me of taking the fugly girl home at 3am because the other 'mid' girls chose someone else.
I recall another poster saying Toce did not want to sit under Dalrymple. It's interesting since he was given a redundancy IIRC, so he left l assume with the club's blessings.

do we know that Wilkie was Toce's call?

our drafting has been very poor for the better part of 18 years. toce has been there since 2014/2015 when i first started seeing him here in perth.

it didnt massively improve under him when he took over from libba.

Yeah, if Stengle is the only recruit.

We take the best high mid in the draft, trade for a mentor like Parker; Dow, Windy, Pou, Chito, Wilson improves etc, the mids are competitive, the delivery gets better, and Stengle can be a huge asset.

One recruit can always be critisised in isolation, look at the people on here still criticising Hill's trade when he was only one of 5 when it occurred.
Let's see what we can trade for, what we can recruit, who we can keep (Battle please) and maybe a FA.

Need to analyse the whole trade/drafting period.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back