List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flaw with last time and this has now been evident by the modus operandi of all clubs since. Was that we thought having multiple first round picks would lead to success.

Top 10 picks is where a good list build starts. Top 5 if you are serious.

We had teen picks for Bj and McEvoy. Luke Delaney and crap for Dal

As the salary cap is currently positioned, which player of similar ilk has received an extension greater then our reported offer to Battle? Ralph and Twomey said we offered 6 years /800+k per season.

In 10 years that might be normal. I’m not sure that looks like normal salary for someone like Battle and I don’t see why we should be signing him up to any value to retain - there are better players who will come out of contract that will then want more and your starting base is 900k/1m. Thats not sustainable from a salary cap.

Hawthorn and clubs securing free agents are willing to overpay to land talent. It’s like us offering 1.5m to LDU/Weitering. They aren’t worth that much but you want to knock their existing club and others out of the discussion so that they are forced to walk for free.

“with our best back”. If people want to advocate for wins in a dead season - that’s up to them. On the same hand I’m sure you can appreciate the next to Impossible task that leaves us if we pull off a few unexpected wins.

You’re not landing the cream onball talent. That ones that exit front of stoppage. Kick a goal hit a target in f50. Open space for the rest of the team and get tagged to avoid hurting the opposition. Without that talent your not winning anything.

Maybe Josh stays. I’ve said multiple times I don’t know what he will do. Just what the talk is in Moorabbin and internally they don’t feel he is. Big ****ing jungle drums when Twomey and Cleary are talking he could go.

Again, Twomey is the best in the business. He hears the numbers and the real talk. He backed up what I said last week and called battle/band 1 compo a “watch”. That’s what the club believes is likely. It isn’t me making it up. I’m telling you what I’ve been told.

Is cooper or Arie the answer? No idea. I think Arie has something though.

I can tell you what isn’t the answer, another middle of the first round pick that doesn’t inject the talent and class we need onball.

It’s perfectly acceptable to look past the next 12 weeks and think a better future awaits if we accept our medicine this season.
I think the irony is that when the 50/50 umpires call was needed when we were in contention, the decision never fell on the Saints side, but when the Saints have a chance of securing a decent draft selection, what happens.. the umpire calls the wrong call against the Suns and the Saints win the game. We seriously cannot take a break from the umpires.

Come on, hes an adult.
Going bc you’re getting an “I just can’t refuse offer” is understandable.
Or if you’re not happy.

Going just because you supported a club as a kid - surely not.

I can understand a draftee wanting to go to the club they supported as a kid. But he’s been at the club for years now.
I never said he was going just because he supported them as a kid
He is getting offers from them ,we believe, and he followed them as a youngster is the rumour
Why wouldn’t u look?

Maybe you wouldn’t change clubs even if you did support the other mob
Some people would
If I played for Richmond and was offered the same to play for the saints I’d go, it wouldn’t even take more money

But that’s just me

poster on our board saying Josh Battle is staying, have you guys heard this at all? I was very keen to add him this year he’s a gun!

Plus the other 5 indigenous players plus Auntie Katrina.
Seems the club has a great system in place for the welfare of our first nations players.
All seem happy on face value.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are extremely fortunate to have Auntie Katrina at the club.

She is an absolutely tireless worker and loves working with the Indigenous boys.

Our Indigenous boys are in great hands with Aunty Katrina......they love her!!!!

The good Aunty always has a smile on her face.....and I'm told....she loves a good yarn.

poster on our board saying Josh Battle is staying, have you guys heard this at all? I was very keen to add him this year he’s a gun!
No.

Everyone here wants him to stay and it would only be tolerable if we get band 1.

In saying that, we have had an offer in the 800s p/year since round 2 that we thought would be signed sealed etc by now. That was said to be done the night we beat the pies by the likes of Ralph Twomey etc.

So I’d say right now, every saints person is on the fence just waiting to find out.

Heard a rumour but until something is signed I'm not taking it as gospel.

I seem to be on my own he but Tyson Stengle do not want.
Fix the midfield Stengle fixes nothing and would just become another struggling small forward at the saints.

I seem to be on my own he but Tyson Stengle do not want.
Fix the midfield Stengle fixes nothing and would just become another struggling small forward at the saints.
my mind drifts to the midfield every time i see this topic,i agree with you,get the guy that can get the ball to stengle,then get him or his type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

inspecting everything beautiful is far away GIF by The Orchard Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back