List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I know they’re supposed to look good at this level but if this isn’t the player we’ve been crying out for the last 10 years I don’t what is.
He’s why we can’t finish above Adelaide.

Even if we get a pick earlier than the Crows you know they'll do an irresistible pick swap à la GWS last year and get Draper anyway. Farewell, sweet prince.
West coast just as big a threat.

I know they’re supposed to look good at this level but if this isn’t the player we’ve been crying out for the last 10 years I don’t what is.
He’s why we can’t finish above Adelaide.

He definitely fits the profile. Think he stays in Adelaide. He would round out the Crows midfield who are quite grunt heavy. He has a bit more run and poise than their others.

Draper is the guy who seems most perfect for us, but knowing that SOS loves live trading, I can't see him being a Saint.

Any high end mid would suit us. Could use grunt and class.

Hoping the club has been putting in early work with Peatling to beat the others to the punch. Similar to Henry last year.

I wonder what they'd want for him. I'm not sure what to expect from him. He's had some standout games but plenty as sub with limited minutes. I haven't watched that much of them recently.

SEN said that Luke Parker is open to a move next year. He'd be an ideal bridging player but wonder what he'd cost us?

Not random or a rumour but you seem to be of the opinion that because we werent willing to entertain a trade he couldnt have re-signed with his incumbent club...

Seems to indicate a complete lack of understanding about how trades and contracts work.

Anyway, same old shit, im out x
How is 1 person saying someone told them a story about a player that has no verifiable sources and hasn't been repeated anywhere else not a rumour?

Last edited:
Battle goes with pick 6 as compo.
Re-sign Howard for 2 years.
Caminiti plays back (he looked a natural there, and is a better height for CHB than Battle).
Keep Membrey for another year, he looks rejuvenated of late.
Take 5 and 6 to the draft or split one of them for another first rounder. Draft mids, mids and more mids.
Bring in a Macrae/Sheil/Parker type to fill Crouch and Ross' midfield hole.
Peatling for a late second/early third in a Steele type trade.
Any money ball types for gaps such as backup ruck, small defender and small forward.

Keep on the path of draft first (especially top 10 picks), then you can look at trades in a couple of years when Tassie is ruining the draft. Always look for Free Agents but can never rely on it as a small club. Make sure we have some leaders around the kids.

We can't really go backwards from 14th with this strategy. How far we go up depends on how good our crop of young players become. The more we draft early the more chance of us finding an elite player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne using all the standard lines re Petracca - contracted , required.

But I reckon there’s a real chance he doesn’t want to play for them again. We’d have the assets but probably not the right target for us.

With the way this draft is , i'd rather a future third , or even future second.

The ideal would be to get him near free to eat his contract for next year.

It sounds like GWS are under extreme cap stress and are losing Perryman and potentially Peatling because of it.

Perryman off to the Hawks or Port if that falls over. They are buying a backline in one trade period.

Parker over Macrae thanks

Bring him home

Parker has the leadership and hardness and could finish his career as a forward once his midfield game drops away. His game seems more contested too.

The off-field issues at Melbourne mean Houston is considering other clubs in Victoria to continue his AFL career, but in any case a deal could be very difficult.

Port Adelaide wants two first-round picks for Houston even if they are in the teens.

A single pick inside the top-10 could also get the deal over the line with a sweetener, but it remains unclear how another Melbourne club could get it done.

Geelong wants Western Bulldogs’ Bailey Smith and Hawthorn is set on Tom Barrass from West Coast.

St Kilda is eager to bolster its draft position.

Jay Clark

St Kilda is eager to bolster its draft position.

This is the first time in a decade I'm confident with what the club is doing. Might **** up the picks but at least they've correctly read the state of the list and realise that they need to build through the draft.
Nice to have some ruthless adults in the room.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back