List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Though the articles claims that St Kilda and GWS exploited:

""Battle and Perryman are signing contracts based on the 2025 cap, which went up by 12.6% compared to the 2024 cap, but they’re being measured against deals under the 2024 cap.

How so?
  • The Hawks and the Pies set the $$$ contract amount...not St Kilda and GWS
  • Both Battle and Perryman were UFA, so St Kilda and GWS could not match the $$$ to force a trade.
  • I doubt GWS would have paid Perryman anywhere near what he the Pies are paying him.
  • In St Kilda's case we offered more, but Battle still went (Though may have been front end loaded so that initially Hawks deal may have netted him more)

Now maybe, just maybe one could argue that the Saints pre-season where always going to let Battle go, and so did not stump up a high $$$ offer till later. But they still did.
If that’s the case then surely that’s on the AFL? “Exploited” - why wouldn’t the receiving clubs pay them on the new cap 😂😂😂. “Sorry Josh, media has a problem , so you can take what you get at the lower cap level”.

I just have 1 final thought with free agency compensation.

Media and fans and nuffies alike whine that Battle isn’t worth pick 8 wah wah wah.

The AFL didn’t rate Battle as pick 8 they rated Battle as first round compensation.

If we finished 4th and that pick was pick 15 and Battle was top 3 in the best and fairest would people carry on wah wah wah Battle isn’t worth pick 15.

Of course they wouldn’t people wouldn’t give a stuff and let’s be honest if your compo is pick 2 or pick 10 or even pick 18 it’s all exactly the same it’s a first round compensation pick based on your ladder position.

So all the w***ers out there whinging and moaning that Battle isn’t worth pick 8, yes he is, he is 100% worth pick 8 due to our ladder position

Nuffies piss me off.
But tbf that was like us all whingeing about North last week and North supporters arguing back that it wasn’t a handout. Most oppo fans will believe for all time that ours is a handout and that we begged for it via Bass.

But tbf that was like us all whingeing about North last week and North supporters arguing back that it wasn’t a handout. Most oppo fans will believe for all time that ours is a handout and that we begged for it via Bass.
People just need to learn to understand the system.

Ben McKay earns pick 3 and Buddy earns pick 19.

Wah wah wah Buddy is so much better how can this be.

Well pick 3 and pick 19 was the exact same compensation, round 1 compensation.

1 team just happened to be better than the other.

People just need to learn to understand the system.

Ben McKay earns pick 3 and Buddy earns pick 19.

Wah wah wah Buddy is so much better how can this be.

Well pick 3 and pick 19 was the exact same compensation, round 1 compensation.

1 team just happened to be better than the other.
I think most will understand or at least wilfully ignore it. The argument will be that the system is broken. People expect reasonable compensation. For some reason they are completely fine with a rival getting a good player for free. So much so that they’re now second flag faves for 2025.

I’m not sure if this is one of you maniacs, but this person seems to have excellent intel over a period of time.

This his latest…what do we think?
It’s been mentioned before if I recall correctly.

Mason wood has so much cred now that if he thinks we should sign a bloke then we would be ****wits not too

Can't think of another saint i rate that highly in terms of his influence on team and culture

Mason wood has so much cred now that if he thinks we should sign a bloke then we would be ****wits not too

Can't think of another saint i rate that highly in terms of his influence on team and culture
Put the kybosh on Thomas as well. And was listened to.
Has been such an acquisition. Always liked him at North but was always injured.
At the Saints he has had some injuries however since 2022 has played 19, 24 and 18 games, the most in his career ina three year block.
Best clubman twice in three years. As a DFA can't think of a better success, maybe Membrey or Roberton.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

For anybody who thinks we got overs, they need to look at the history of pick 10 (which is what 8 will probably be pushed back to).

By my count there's 3 guns (McKay, Green, Blakey), 2 that are too soon to tell (Phillipou, Caddy) and 5 busts.

Honestly just as likely that whoever we take with the pick will be delisted in 4 years as they will become a better player than Battle.

I can see his point. He has moments that look incredible its just consistency/injuries.

Not sure if hell ever get to star status but i can see why people see it

I guess Sincs proved plenty wrong so perhaps there is still hope there. A good injury run can only help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you born with hate syndrome?

You campaigners have to overachieve because you have the worst kit in world footy and Yankee Doodle as a song. We are shit but we look so ****ing cool doing it we don't give any ****s.

....and you come to hostile territory to troll but whatever the deficiency that your tiny gene pool dumped on you has seemingly made you a dullard.

Pick 3 confirmed to be available for pick swaps. I'm targeting that over pick 2 because we're basically getting the same player either way

I wonder if there's a way we can convert pick 7,8,F1 into pick 3, top 12, later teens, Macrae/Soldo

Lets us get something like; Draper/Jagga/FOS, Lindsay/Travaglia/Hotton, Hotton/Hynes/Hannaford, Sims/Faull/Gerreyn (P27), Cole, Hofmann, Peckett, Macrae, Soldo

So many ways to play our hand

Last edited:
what if we already have one?

what if Ari will be better?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He might but we need one next year. He's going to have to step up quickly. I actually think Sharman is the most like for like. Prefer him forward though.

If they keep this up they'll outdo the Injectors last off season!
They're legit on ducking crack

One has argued st kilda have an unfair home ground advantage because the grand final is at the MCG

The other can't work out how salary cap concessions granted to the lions may have had something to do with player retention that can flow through to father son selections made today.

They can't see they've been gifted a raft of on field concessions by the AFL.

Surely you jest?

It makes a hole. I reckon we are ready to play finals. That hole needs to be filled or we lose ground. It might makes us better in 4 years time but unlikely the player we get makes up for the loss of a key piece of our best line.

Pick 3 confirmed to be available for pick swaps. I'm targeting that over pick 2 because we're basically getting the same player either way

I wonder if there's a way we can convert pick 7,8,F1 into pick 3, top 12, later teens, Macrae/Soldo

Lets us get something like; Draper/Jagga/FOS, Lindsay/Travaglia/Hotton, Hotton/Hynes/Hannaford, Sims/Faull/Gerreyn (P27), Cole, Hofmann, Peckett, Macrae, Soldo

So many ways to play our hand

I’d be doing that. Swap pick 8 & future first for pick 2.

Next year it’s pretty well known that we’re targeting free agency anyway.

Thoughts?

The Roos have been open to splitting the pick for another top-10 selection and a future first-round choice, while the Eagles have dangled their top choice in a mix of trade possibilities as they look to boost their draft hand whilst also securing trade target Liam Baker.

Would we swap 7&8 for Eagles pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back