List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

All these scenarios are like looking at the menu in a great restaurant. You love it all. You just don’t know what to choose.

Then you do pick…it arrives…..should have chosen something else.

Hope this year is different of course. Recent years been pretty good.

I do like that we are saying nothing. Alpha behaviour.
you talking about us with our various pick package choices,or Ivan with his missus?

Wed need to go full saints to **** it up from where we are.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

I really don't know why there isn't a little bidding war for Tim Membrey.

To a club in the window, he is absolutely worth 2 years and a decent salary.

Could well be the difference in winning finals for a Collingwood, Brisbane or even Sydney.

There’s always been a big discrepancy between how our fans see Members and how he’s seen externally. No other club in the comp has ever really rated him, and realistically he’s never been close to A grade. I have a soft spot for him but it’s not super surprising to me that he’s not flush with options.

Trade week by the numbers

AFL - 4 days = two trades

Saints Big Footy Trade thread - 60 pages = no trades
i think we got 3,anb darling graham,but yeah what a snoozefest,things might crack open today,because im travelling back from reservoir to the bush on public transport,so guarenteed to be some action that i will miss live

There’s always been a big discrepancy between how our fans see Members and how he’s seen externally. No other club in the comp has ever really rated him, and realistically he’s never been close to A grade. I have a soft spot for him but it’s not super surprising to me that he’s not flush with options.

I think a lot of our players are in that boat. Trade week is a perennial gab fest where it is really hard to understand how we did not win the flag based on the ratings of our player's trade worth.

I agree on Membery - been very serviceable for Saints but can't see that he is in future plans of another club.

Wed need to go full saints to **** it up from where we are.
Whelp. I’m triggered.

There is going to be a whole thread about Clark & Coffield vs Reid & Kako.

triggered GIF

Whelp. I’m triggered.

There is going to be a whole thread about Clark & Coffield vs Reid & Kako.

triggered GIF
Both Coff and Clark were tracking really well. Injury has basically destroyed their careers. Coff can’t seem to break into the bulldogs back line, in hindsight that was the wrong club to choose. He might be out of the afl next year.

All these scenarios are like looking at the menu in a great restaurant. You love it all. You just don’t know what to choose.

Then you do pick…it arrives…..should have chosen something else.

Hope this year is different of course. Recent years been pretty good.

I do like that we are saying nothing. Alpha behaviour.
I’d like a dollar for every time I’ve placed an order and immediately looked at another table and thought I should have got what they’re having.

Let me ask you this, how much better of a player is Stringer over Membrey? Because when you actually compare the two they have very comparable careers.

Its more that hes just an older player with a previous year mired by issues and spotty form. 3 years ago both of those players would have been easily snapped up by other clubs.

Firstly, we’re gonna go hard at free agents next year so hopefully we can land a couple to make up for the lack of draft picks

Secondly, next year’s draft is super compromised so a top 10 pick could easily slide a lot further than it would this year with just Ashcroft Lombard Kako

Thirdly, if we really wanted a pick, we can easily trade a futures pick to get back in

There are plenty of options. By no means are we hamstrung for next year if we go hard for this year’s crop

Trading for picks is never at face value. You always have to pay up for them unless you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. With changes to pick values it will be harder next year. You don't want to flippantly trade in for a bit of instant gratification. The only real advantage is lowering your chances of getting zero high level players in the first round. That said St Kilda is probably the only club that could bust three good first round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo and their management have ****ed that club, one only has to look at the way they treated their VC at the time, Mitch Wallis. It’s no surprise it’s happening under Ameet Bains’ stewardship, that guy is an E grade operator. You only have to look at what we didn’t achieve when he was at our club.

I reckon Bevo cops it more than he should. He's refreshed a few times and plays kids. He makes brave decisions and consistently has them in the top 8 or challenge mode. He's a player empowerment coach and he seems to let them play on talent which is an attractive brand. Moving old guys out for youth is never going to go down well but sentiment doesn't win flags. I'd swap the Dogs last decade for ours without blinking.

Bains is absolutely overrated. Seems to make some weird contracts, clumsy list management and messy break ups. Didn't rate him at the Saints either.

For anyone who’s behind, the current state of St Kilda’s list as of: 11/10/2024

Out:

Tom Campbell - delisted
Matthew Allison - delisted
Riley Bonner - delisted
James Van Es - delisted
Seb Ross - delisted
Josh Battle - free agency

In:

Pick 8 - free agency band 1 compensation

Current 2024 draft picks: 7, 8, 27, 46

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com