List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Another loss like that for PTA & Houston will be back on the agenda... pick 8, might even be a few more shake out after their exit meetings.
I don't mind Houston for pick 8, especially if we could get something coming back our way like a second. I know he's not necessarily a need but he's elite and we need more elite players.

Swapping Battle for Houston is an upgrade.

I don't mind Houston for pick 8, especially if we could get something coming back our way like a second. I know he's not necessarily a need but he's elite and we need more elite players.

Looking at the Port board, there are multiple people who genuinely believe Houston should net them pick 8 and either our future first or one of good SA born players.

Split 8 & flick the SA filth one of them.

Drugs are everywhere, you just get better quality at a good school.
My input, parents of private school kids can afford better lawyers, even better lawyers for kids on maps 45 and 58 of the Melways, not to mention the social exclusion by the Toorak Wives and Brighton Mothers for those tjat didn't get the memo. Do whatever you like, don't get caught and don't go to court.

Looking at the Port board, there are multiple people who genuinely believe Houston should net them pick 8 and either our future first or one of good SA born players.
I believe Matthew Allison may have been conceived at a caravan park during a family holiday in Renmark.

That could be enough, although of course we'd have to get Matty back to the club first to finalise the deal

Another loss like that for PTA & Houston will be back on the agenda... pick 8, might even be a few more shake out after their exit meetings.

People are saying he’s gone and that his partner is in Melbourne already.

Can’t wait for us to not be ready to push for a flag within a few years and then Houston retires. Very St Kilda
Not sure about that we are 2 good M/F away + luck with injury from pushing top 6 taking into account we beat Geel,Syd & close losses to GWS & PA , personnel on the park will be crucial as our younger players trajectory is heading in heading north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw Dylan Shiel training at a local oval this morning with some St Kilda training gear on. Was doing some sprints and kicking some darts with what looked like a mate.

I yelled out to him and said "are you signing for us next year, mate?". He did a quick 180 to face me and I couldn't believe that both of his knees snapped in two. May have heard a hamstring ping as well, not sure as I had my Airpods in.

Anyway, welcome to the club, Dylan.

We dont need Houston, he would be another poor list management move by the club. Good player but would cost too much for a 27-28yo. Where did we have to get elite midfielders get lost on everyone frothing over another back flanker? IF the club give up our compensation pick for him well they can go and get ........ that will be me done.

Last edited:
Would not be happy giving a top 10 pick for Houston... I don't think he improves us and personally just see him as a bit of a seagull.
Haven't Melbourne sorted their ships out... can't he rekindle his love with them?
Should not go for Houston at all.. he turns 28 in May next year, basically only 3-4 good seasons left.. He might be a gun but is half back what we really need right now? Need to invest in the future and develop our own young guns..

We dont need Houston, he would be another poor list management move by the club. Good player but would cost too much for a 27-28yo. Where did we have to get an elite midfielders, get lost on everyone frothing over another back flanker? IF the club give up our compensation pick for him well they can go and get ........ that will be me done.
Hopefully lots of these linked players are just rumours, Laverde, Houston, Shiel all rather old and doesn’t really help us.. Tomlinson might be a stop gap as key position depth if we can get another young key back.

Pick 7 for Dan Houston and Ivan Soldo will do us nicely

I think with such an even and deep draft it's better to trade in confirmed AFL talent than try to hold the responsibility of two top 10 picks. We have shown we can't handle that pressure previously. Let's get Houston, Soldo and Laverde in. That plugs a few holes and then take 1 draftee in the top 10. The pressure is off the draftee to come in an impact and they can develop along while we strive to challenge for finals.

I think with such an even and deep draft it's better to trade in confirmed AFL talent than try to hold the responsibility of two top 10 picks. We have shown we can't handle that pressure previously. Let's get Houston, Soldo and Laverde in. That plugs a few holes and then take 1 draftee in the top 10. The pressure is off the draftee to come in an impact and they can develop along while we strive to challenge for finals.
With all due respect, that is a dreadful idea.

I wonder if Adam Treloar could pryed out of the Bulldogs? He's got a year to run on his 5-year deal. We could offer him a few more years and coin than what Bulldogs are offering. Can't imagine his trade/draft value will be too high given his age.

If you add Houston, Treloar, Laverde/Tomlinson/Serong & Ivan Soldo plus a promising top 10 draftee then we will be challenging again next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back